Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO (4716 Views)

BUA Chairman, Abdul Rabiu Voted 2023 'Man Of Year' (Igbere TV Award) / Dangote Injects N63 Billion To Revive Moribund ANAMMCO / We Facelift/Upgrade...BENZ/BMW/Audi/Lexus/Porsche/Toyota/Honda & More (4d Ceo's) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by ernest2019: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2023
Why ANAMMCO is partnering with Anambra Man of the Year Award Project- CEO

One of the foremost indigenous Automotive companies in Nigeria, Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Limited(ANAMMCO) has stated that the reason the organisation decided to be among the partners of the prestigious Anambra Man of the Year award, remains the fact that the brand represents the credibility and the excellence ndi Igbo are known for.

According to the Managing Director, Buchi Okeke, the ANAMMCO brand saw great potentials in the award event, the worth and value a well accepted program of this nature hold for Ndi Igbo, public and private sector investments and decided to be part of it . He explained further that Ndi Igbo actually needs this kind of program that could inspire the youth and equally boost the tourist potentials of the region.

He said,"Anambra is a flagship state in Nigeria,it is the light of the nation, due to its large arrays of human resources hence it is understandable when there are noble gestures to celebrate these talents and in the course of that inspire the younger generation. I have always believed it is imperative that the legacies of the older generation are sustained and passed on. The Anambra Man of the Year Award captures the very essence of this philosophy, which is celebrating excellence. The Organizers of the Award have shown deep understanding of what is expected in the business of this nature which is due diligence in the selection process and if you look at the winners of the previous editions you will agree that it is a grade A event.

"No one can fault a recognition given to ,Val Ozigbo,Sir Alexander Chika Okafor who is one of the foremost Anambra Industrialists, Adaora Umeoji of Zenith Bank, or Nonso Okpala of the VFD Group who is building Africa’s most diverse business ecosystem.

"At ANAMMCO, we take our corporate social responsibilities seriously; we have a rich pedigree and a history of excellence. It is in the core value of our organization to identify with excellence and worthy gestures that contribute to societal development.

"In addition, ANAMMCO has a history with Anambra State, the company was established in the old Anambra state in 1977 and it is imperative we preserve history through any legitimate means. As a top brand in the business of vehicle assemblage and manufacturing contributing immensely to the economic industrial growth of Nigeria. It is worthy to associate with a good brand which the Anambra Man of the Years Award represents.
"
ANAMMCO was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) under the Second National Development Plan (1970 – 1975). The Company was incorporated on January 17, 1977, and the Foundation Stone laying ceremony for the factory was performed on May 12, 1978. The factory was commissioned on July 8, 1980 by the first executive President of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari. Commercial production of trucks commenced in January, 1981.

In 2007 ,the company was privatised under the Nigerian government privatisation policy. The privatisation exercise led to the emergence of GUO Group as the majority stakeholder in ANAMMCO Ltd. The founder and Group chairman of GUO after the successful acquisition of Federal Government shares in ANAMMCO, became the first Igbo Man that successfully participated in the Federal Government's Privatisation policy.

ANAMMCO, the Nigerian Commercial Vehicles company, offers A-Z solutions in the automotive sector. It is the Nigerian No.1 choice in providing solutions to commercial vehicles fleet operators and owners. In 2019, ANAMMCO and Dongfeng Trucks of China entered into a partnership for the local assembly and distribution of Dongfeng Trucks in Nigeria. Dongfeng Trucks are renowned for their premium quality, optimum performance and high fuel efficiency.

A wide range of Dongfeng products being offered in Nigeria by ANAMMCO are light duty, medium duty company and heavy duty trucks . They fuel options of Diesel, Compressed Natural Gas( CNG) and Liquidified Natural Gas (LNG)

Apart from ANAMMCO, more companies have indicated interest to be part of the project. This is the 3rd edition of the award event, which has been held annually since 2020.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/2023/04/18/why-anammco-is-partnering-with-anambra-man-of-the-year-award-project-ceo/

3 Likes

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by bewla(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2023
H
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Ramsinuah: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2023
nice
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by cutecommend: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2023
Igbo man and the prosperity..

The east is developed. Go to any state in the East and see for yourself. Go to some villages in the East, you will Various storey buildings...

Many Igbo girls are fine.

The Igbos were brought to almost zero level during and after the civil war, but see them today. To even insult an Igbo person or drag with an Igbo person is not good, because by now you should have been far ahead of him since he was set-back by civil war.

You find Igbos in all parts of Nigeria. We even invest in various parts of Nigeria; while other tribes may see it as no-way to invest in our land. But we still prosper.

Igbos need to go to other lands to explore. They are probably mainly business people, and they need other territories to spread business..

Onitsha market or main market is one of the largest markets in west Africa.. ABA is known for manufacturing... If I may be right, ABA was or is one of the most indigenous manufacturing area in Nigeria.

Owerri has one of the largest hospitality/hotels area in Nigeria.

Anambra (Onitsha and Nnewi etc) is known for businesses and commerce...

Abia State (ABA) is known for businesses and manufacturing..

Owerri and Imo is the relaxation or ("Paris"wink and flexing hub of the East.

Enugu had good residency in the East.

Ebonyi is the new dawn with new developments.

"Igbo man is not perfect, but he is blessed"...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by bewla(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2023
W
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Adedimejim: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2023
The light of the nation...

1 Like

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by KanuSE: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2023
'He said,"Anambra is a flagship state in Nigeria, it is the light of the nation, due to its large arrays of human resources'

Indeed, keep playing to the gallery 😀

Unserious people!
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Triangles1(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Anything concerning sit at home Monday, I'm not in support.
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Impressive
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by sonature1: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2023
Is Anammco still in existence?

They have totally destroyed one of the biggest automakers in Nigeria at one time.
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by FatimaAbubakar(f): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2023
Tinubu is an idiot.
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Blake755: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2023
Impressive
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2023
Nice one.
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by newnet: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2023
Good
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by wink2015(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2023
cutecommend:

The east is developed. Go to any state in the East and see for yourself. Go to some villages in the East, you will Various storey buildings...

The Igbos were brought to almost zero level during and after the civil war, but see them today. To even insult an Igbo person or drag with an Igbo person is not good, because by now you should have been far ahead of him since he was set-back by civil war.

You find Igbos in all parts of Nigeria. We even invest in various parts of Nigeria; while other tribes may see it as no-way to invest in our land. But we still prosper.

Igbos need to go to other lands to explore. They are mainly business people, and they need other territories to spread business..

Onitsha market or main market is one of the largest markets in west Africa.. ABA is known for manufacturing... If I may be right, ABA was or is one of the most indigenous manufacturing area in Nigeria.

One of the intriguing culture of the Igbo man and the Igbo woman is that they are not good in sharing.

They prefer to keep their business secrets and success to themselves.

I strongly believe that is why they are being edged out of the presidency each election period in Nigeria.

Power brokers in other parts of Nigeria mainly in the north are of the opinion that if an Igbo President emerges in Aso Rock in Abuja FCT they will not SHARE FAIRLY TO OTHER REGIONS OF THE COUNTRY THE DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY.

They are of the opinion that Igbo people only prefer their own and they do not trust non natives.

Some non natives that have stayed in the south east says Igbo do not sell land to non natives.
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by okoroemeka(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
wink2015:

One of the intriguing culture of the Igbo man and the Igbo woman is that they are not good in sharing.

They prefer to keep their business secrets and success to themselves.

I strongly believe that is why they are being edged out of the presidency each election period in Nigeria.

Power brokers in other parts of Nigeria mainly in the north are of the opinion that if an Igbo President emerges in Aso Rock in Abuja FCT they will not SHARE FAIRLY TO OTHER REGIONS OF THE COUNTRY THE DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY.

They are of the opinion that Igbo people only prefer their own and they do not trust non natives.

Some non natives that have stayed in the south east says Igbo do not sell land to non natives.
from your last comment it is clear that you have never stayed in the southeast more than a few days or never have been there,I sell large tracts of lands for agricultural and industrial purpose in imo and abia state axis,if a Yoruba or hausa man wants to buy 100-500 plots or more land for ranching or agricultural purpose,it will be found and sold to him,so far he will fence his property and keep his animals away from people farms and keep the peace no one cares,the igboman is interested in good business not attached to emotional sentiments,one of the reasons why other tribes don't buy lands in the southeast is lack of business adventurism and cost,an acre of land in Oyo state bush can sell for #50k while one plot in imo state bush can sell for #100k,the igboman has been conditioned by the Nigerian inequality and trained by fire,blood and hunger of the civil war to be risk takers and fearless in anything economic related,I remembered in the early 2000s I went to Moor plantation in ibadan to buy 100 pig weaners to brood and sale in my farm in imo state,the director of the facility a Yoruba professor looked me in the eyes and told me he does not think any Yoruba teenager my age will carry #300k in cash from imo to Oyo state to buy pigs and take back to my state for further breeding,I was around 19-20 years then and I made my first one million naira in 6 months after selling the pigs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by KwuoteYourFada: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
okoroemeka:
from your last comment it is clear that you have never stayed in the southeast more than a few days or never have been there,I sell large tracts of lands for agricultural and industrial purpose in imo and abia state axis,if a Yoruba or hausa man wants to buy 100-500 plots or more land for ranching or agricultural purpose,it will be found and sold to him,so far he will fence his property and keep his animals away from people farms and keep the peace no one cares,the igboman is interested in good business not attached to emotional sentiments,one of the reasons why other tribes don't buy lands in the southeast is lack of business adventurism and cost,an acre of land in Oyo state bush can sell for #50k while one plot in imo state bush can sell for #100k,the igboman has been conditioned by the Nigerian inequality and trained by fire,blood and hunger of the civil war to be risk takers and fearless in anything economic related,I remembered in the early 2000s I went to Moor plantation in ibadan to buy 100 pig weaners to brood and sale in my farm in imo state,the director of the facility a Yoruba professor looked me in the eyes and told me he does not think any Yoruba teenager my age will carry #300k in cash from imo to Oyo state to buy pigs and take back to my state for further breeding,I was around 19-20 years then and I made my first one million naira in 6 months after selling the pigs

Most of them don't leave their region

I served at Ondo State one pattern I noticed was that alot of the people serving there are from SW

I lived there like 5 years bought land opened my pharmacy shop there then employed some people left start other stores spread across SS , SE and with only 2 in SW region

Now I'm based in the east doing my thing

Very fluent in Yoruba and Hausa ( I spent my teenage years in the north)

I didn't learn the Nigerian business dynamics by staying in the east despite schooling here

People say there isn't no opportunities in the east it's the other way around

There is fierce competition here in the east
Land is costly here in SE than any other region in Nigeria in telling you out if experience in terms of business basically survival of the smartest

How do you reconcile? By spreading out your business

Igbos might suck at politics but we're economically viable .

2 Likes

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by ebubeson: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
cutecommend:

Igbos need to go to other lands to explore. They are probably mainly business people, and they need other territories to spread business..

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by okoroemeka(m): 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

I served at Ondo State one pattern I noticed was that alot of the people serving there are from SW

I lived there like 5 years bought land opened my pharmacy shop there then employed some people left start other stores spread across SS , SE and with only 2 in SW region

I didn't learn the Nigerian business dynamics by staying in the east despite schooling here

Land is costly here in SE than any other region in Nigeria in telling you out if experience in terms of business basically survival of the smartest

I think from reading your post anybody can easily see that the major reason other tribes aviod having businesses in the southeast is summarized by you,survival of the smartest,you obviously cannot take coal to Newcastle,the business men and women in the southeast have advanced so much that to compete with them on their own turf is economic suicide.

1 Like

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Thomasankara(m): 6:08am On Apr 20, 2023
[/color]so how about foreign investors staying away from the region,it's like they are not business oriented or have money to acquire properties too[color=#770077]
okoroemeka:
Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by Thomasankara(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2023
[/color]is there any orientation camp in Nigeria that is not populated by the yorubas,if really you are familiar with Nigeria education[color=#770077]
KwuoteYourFada:

Re: Why ANAMMCO Is Partnering With Anambra Man Of The Year Award Project- CEO by LagCount: 10:20am On May 05, 2023
Business methods are not easy to grasp because each person is thanks to their own efforts, product quality G Switch and luck. But the most important thing is an abundant initial capital. It will help us grow longer.

(1) (Reply)

Kia Rio Ls 4 Sale @650.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD / Fairly Used Golf 4 For Sale 650k Full Option: / Cheap Superclean 07 Lexus IS250 Toks Full Option Thumbstart 2.9m See Pix...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.