Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? (565 Views)

Currency Redesign: Open Letter To Governor El-Rufai By Gloria Mabeiam Ballason / Currency Redesign: Godwin Emefiele Address The Diplomatic Community / Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by eepeepook: 10:39am On Apr 19, 2023
Almost two months since the nation's currency was redesigned;

1. I have used new notes only once and never seen them again. Every cash purchase I make involves the passing and collection of old style Naira notes.

2. I await failed transactions from two months ago yet to return to my bank account.

3. The government has not followed the logical initiative of slowly phasing out old notes rather than the failed strategy of imposing the new ones on the populace.

4. Cash scarcity — to a lower degree — still looms on the masses.

Apart from the excuse of stopping electoral fraud, what did the redesign accomplish? Online banking services are overwhelmed and are honestly useless when needed for emergencies.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by LegendHero(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2023
The intention of the new naira note is to stop Bola Tinubu from emerging.

Emefiele just do that to induce cash scarcity and since Jagaban won the election eventually, the motive of the new naira notes was defeated.

Imagine the amount of money we have lost to this nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by eepeepook: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2023
LegendHero:
The intention of the new naira note is to stop Bola Tinubu from emerging.

Emefiele just do that to induce cash scarcity and since Jagaban won the election eventually, the motive of the new naira notes was defeated.

Imagine the amount of money we have lost to this nonsense.
Na so the scheme go fade?
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by LegendHero(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2023
eepeepook:
Na so the scheme go fade?

There is no planning whatsoever.

The scheme already faded nao. Imagine a situation where people can’t even see the said new notes and old note in circulation is almost more than 95% and they set a deadline of December.

2 Likes

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by lexylaw40: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2023
EMEFIELE don cash out already

1 Like

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by LegendHero(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2023
lexylaw40:
EMEFIELE don cash out already

I share your school of thought.

I believe Emefiele also use the chance to erase some of his corrupt practices and that guy would have amassed billions during this new naira note change.

If they beam the light on that guy, people will be shocked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by lexylaw40: 10:57am On Apr 19, 2023
That's why they don't want Tinubu....they know he might expose them
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by eepeepook: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2023
lexylaw40:
That's why they don't want Tinubu....they know he might expose them
If exposure doesn't lead to arrests, is there any point? Nigerians don expose since the military administration. I'm still yet to hear of sentences handed to perpetrators.
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by Nebes: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2023
It just increased the suffering of the masses. Some people regard this wickedness as an achievement.

2 Likes

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by Maazieze(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2023
I cant believe APC did this and people still voted for them, imagine Goodluck attempted this cale of economic sabotage, he wouldnt only be voted out he might risk getting lynched!

1 Like

Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by eepeepook: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2023
Maazieze:
I cant believe APC did this and people still voted for them, imagine Goodluck attempted this cale of economic sabotage, he wouldnt only be voted out he might risk getting lynched!
Nigerian citizens don't have mind. We'd vote him out and nothing else.
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by AfricanColumbus: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2023
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by eepeepook: 5:29am On Jun 13, 2023
With Emefiele’s arrest, is the scheme on hold or completely canceled?
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by Igwe9(m): 5:37am On Jun 13, 2023
If they had wanted to stop Tinubu, there are many ways it could have been done, APC just played a movie on us, Emefiele is just a prop.
Re: What Did The Currency Redesign Accomplish? by finallybusy: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2023
December don reach. Why haven’t all the old Naira notes left the market?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Nullifies Alex Otti’s Candidature, All Labour Party Candidates I / Tribunal Upholds Makinde’s Re-election In Oyo State. / EXCLUSIVE:DSS Recovers 18 Bags Of Currency, Documents From Emefiele’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.