Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,991 members, 7,856,005 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others (1178 Views)

I Need An Architectural Plan Of 2nos (two-bedroom Flats) On A Plot Of Land & QS / Longspan Aluminium Roofing: Free Estimate, Great Deals: / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by thirdeye(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
As usual I am prompted to write this article because of the fear of seeing a qs estimates concerning your building and for the disregard of the services of a quantity surveyor in Nigeria.

Advantages of QS estimate over others

1)A qs estimate gives you close to exact quantity though in area or volume of materials to be used, though the cost attached to the units may be high.

2)It helps to control and monitor the progress of work on your project.

3)No estimate can be as comprehensive as a qs estimate

4)Additional costs if there are any can be minimal

5)The estimate accommodates intangible costs/unexpected costs which can be as high as 10% of total cost of project.

Read more

http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2011/09/the-differences-between-the-qs-estimate-and-others/
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by spyder880(m): 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
Are you a quantity surveyor, if so, Please, how much do you charge to give a detailed cost estimate for a medium size duplex? How soon can you prepare it if I send the plans to you?
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by thirdeye(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Spyder880,
Haba! we don tey for this site to know I am not now.
I am an architect.
But I can give you a reliable qs number if you are short of one.
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ok bros, but in the spirit of our learning process, can you call the Q/S and put the question to him and report back to us here. The info could be handy to all of us you know.
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by thirdeye(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ok he said 100k but subject to negotiation. Period of one week.
His name Joseph number 08023127251
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by spyder880(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ok, thanks.
Re: Advantages Of Qs Estimate Over Others by PETERANDRE(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2011
@ Spyder880

(1) (Reply)

Mini Flat, 2bedroom, 3bedroom,duplex At Ogba ,fagba,ojodu,omole, Axis To Le T / Letting : 3 Bedroom Flat + Swimming Pool In Banana Island.$ 50k P/a ( Pic's ) / We Need These Very Urgent For Bank Use!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.