Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked (751 Views)

The Only Property Available In Nigeria Today / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials / Earn N500k Monthly As Property Agent.... Only Property Agent Pls!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 4:18am On Apr 20, 2023
Good Day Well Meaning Nairalanders.

Please I need your honest opinion and advice on this issue of mine.

I bought an estate land in Abuja about two years ago amounting to 2m+, was given an allocation letter. On the letter it states I’m to commence development within 3months of issuance and pay 1.5m for infrastructure and development. The infrastructure could be paid in installments.

Since then, I haven’t been able to pay nor commence any development on the land. So this last month, I visited the site and only about 5 ppl have commenced building. So I decided to begin something also at least.

Contacted them to notify and make part payments for the infrastructure only for them to tell me the land has been revoked that according to the allocation letter and a final notification sent to me sometime in January, I have defaulted and so I don’t own a land there no more until I pay 2.5m for infrastructure, survey and development or wait for 10years to be relocated to another site.

Honestly I was beyond shocked and thought it was a joke initially oooo, I don’t really know much about properties. Just a lady trying and struggling to make life better for herself. I told them this is cheating and fraud and they started telling me to mind my words I should go get my lawyer as their legal team would take it up from here. I’m to pay 2.5m within a month or forfeit the land for relocation after 10years that it has been sold to another person. That infrastructure is expensive and the price of materials they’re getting now isn’t same as it were when I purchased the land.

Please what do I do? What necessary step do I take from here? If not this Abuja that one fears demolition sebi I for buy native land build jeje all in all I no go spend pass 5m both land and building ooo.

Now I bought estate land but see me see gbege ooo

2 Likes

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 4:21am On Apr 20, 2023
Moderator please help me move to front page cry

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 4:38am On Apr 20, 2023
Please pardon me if I’m being ignorant oooo… is this how estate land policies are It’s so unfair oooo

I don’t know what to do at all. Plan was to pay part of the infrastructure and commence building small small oooo but look what they brought bfr me! How can I pay 2.5m all over again after buying land almost same amount? I saved so hard to gather the money in the first place. Na two good years I take save am and thought investing it on a land won’t be bad, I can begin building after saving again and a bit comfortable again only to hear “it’s been revoked, madam you don’t own a land there again”
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 4:39am On Apr 20, 2023
E jo, e gbami ooo
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by duduade: 4:40am On Apr 20, 2023
Not encouraging at all

But why are these people like this
Just a ploy to getting money from you after signing the contract that you must have paid 1.5 for infrastructure development…

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 4:43am On Apr 20, 2023
duduade:
Not encouraging at all

But why are these people like this
Just a ploy to getting money from you after signing the contract that you must have paid 1.5 for infrastructure development…
thank you ooo! It’s not encouraging Rara! My spirit is down!
Se somebody can not invest and keep to commence building when money shows ni. If I had known all these estate land people can be so cunning like this I for just settle for gwari land jeje.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by utepu: 4:50am On Apr 20, 2023
It pains for you to be going through all these.
I advise you go through the Allocation Letter and any other relevant documents you were issued especially the contract agreement.

Ordinarily, you were suppose to have a contract agreement executed between you and the Developer.

It is normal to have been asked to pay a reviewed infrastructure cost because of developmental cost has skyrocketed. But what is appalling is to be given one or two weeks to pay all this.

And again, what did the contract you signed with them says about revocation of allocation? Did it say you will be allocated in 10years? If not you have a case to press against them.
If, they were silent on all this, take it up with them.

The Lord is your strength .

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by funshint(m): 4:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Get a good property lawyer for good advice. Don't let them intimidate you. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Mhurfhy(m): 5:22am On Apr 20, 2023
I bought estate land with BetterLife Property at Owerri in 2021 only to find out after some months that IMSU is claiming the land as theirs and till today the matter is still in court. The estate people said they will allocate another land but till today nothing has happened. If you are from Imo or Rivers State and you know the solution to this please advice me.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Hmmm...

DID YOU READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU CKICKED I AGREE..?

I DONT THINK YOU DID.. AND TRY LOOKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT AND ASK THEM IF THEY AEE FACING THE SAME GBEGE...

IM NOT SEEING THE REAL ESTATE NAME.. YOU DEY FEAR?
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AsomStructures: 5:57am On Apr 20, 2023
Sorry about ur ordeal. Was it stated in the agreement letter that your land would be revoked and issued to another person if you don't start developing within 3months? If not I'll advice you take legal actions against them as that's fraud and inhumane

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Hopez456(m): 5:59am On Apr 20, 2023
AbleGodDidIt:
Good Day Well Meaning Nairalanders.

Please I need your honest opinion and advice on this issue of mine.

I bought an estate land in Abuja about two years ago amounting to 2m+, was given an allocation letter. On the letter it states I’m to commence development within 3months of issuance and pay 1.5m for infrastructure and development. The infrastructure could be paid in installments.

Since then, I haven’t been able to pay nor commence any development on the land. So this last month, I visited the site and only about 5 ppl have commenced building. So I decided to begin something also at least.

Contacted them to notify and make part payments for the infrastructure only for them to tell me the land has been revoked that according to the allocation letter and a final notification sent to me sometime in January, I have defaulted and so I don’t own a land there no more until I pay 2.5m for infrastructure, survey and development or wait for 10years to be relocated to another site.

Honestly I was beyond shocked and thought it was a joke initially oooo, I don’t really know much about properties. Just a lady trying and struggling to make life better for herself. I told them this is cheating and fraud and they started telling me to mind my words I should go get my lawyer as their legal team would take it up from here. I’m to pay 2.5m within a month or forfeit the land for relocation after 10years that it has been sold to another person. That infrastructure is expensive and the price of materials they’re getting now isn’t same as it were when I purchased the land.

Please what do I do? What necessary step do I take from here? If not this Abuja that one fears demolition sebi I for buy native land build jeje all in all I no go spend pass 5m both land and building ooo.

Now I bought estate land but see me see gbege ooo
So sorry about this, read through the agreement signed and see if that's what you both agreed to.
The natives land ain't secure too, most of the natives are as well fraudulent and wicked. I have had a share of their evil deeds.
Buying land in Abuja generally is a high risk business unless serious due diligence is done.

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Abfinest007(m): 6:09am On Apr 20, 2023
Do you have any clause in the agreement that state otherwise if yes get ur lawyer

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AsomStructures: 6:11am On Apr 20, 2023
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by PrinceofSarcasm: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2023
Madam it is an open and shut case .

You stated it clearly that the allocation letter stated that you should commence building within 3 months and pay 1.5 madam you didn't commence building until 2 years after if I read you correct.
Off course you violated the agreed terms in the latter .

What I don't know is if the allocation letter is a legally binding document if it's not you can fight it but it's best you speak to a property lawyer in person .

Go to one today .

All the best

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:15am On Apr 21, 2023
Thank you all. I appreciate your input
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:23am On Apr 21, 2023
But here’s the terms and conditions contained in the allocation letter I got. Please is there something I’m not getting right?

Okay now I get, infrastructur is subject to review as stated in d unless full payment has been made which I haven’t.

But it wasn’t stated that I’ll have to pay the reviewed price within a month abi?

Then again I still can’t understand where revoking the land is coming from or waiting till after 10years to be allocated to another location.

I’m so pained.

1 Share

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:38am On Apr 21, 2023
utepu:
It pains for you to be going through all these.
I advise you go through the Allocation Letter and any other relevant documents you were issued especially the contract agreement.

Ordinarily, you were suppose to have a contract agreement executed between you and the Developer.

It is normal to have been asked to pay a reviewed infrastructure cost because of developmental cost has skyrocketed. But what is appalling is to be given one or two weeks to pay all this.

And again, what did the contract you signed with them says about revocation of allocation? Did it say you will be allocated in 10years? If not you have a case to press against them.
If, they were silent on all this, take it up with them.

The Lord is your strength .
There was no contract agreement. Was only issued the allocation letter and payment receipt.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:46am On Apr 21, 2023
Hopez456:
So sorry about this, read through the agreement signed and see if that's what you both agreed to.
The natives land ain't secure too, most of the natives are as well fraudulent and wicked. I have had a share of their evil deeds.
Buying land in Abuja generally is a high risk business unless serious due diligence is done.
it is well. Sorry about your ordeal. Walai Abuja land matter taya person. I almost fell for one too thanks to AGIS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:47am On Apr 21, 2023
AsomStructures:
Sorry about ur ordeal. Was it stated in the agreement letter that your land would be revoked and issued to another person if you don't start developing within 3months? If not I'll advice you take legal actions against them as that's fraud and inhumane

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Thank you. I’ve attached the terms and conditions. Please help me check to see if any of the conditions implies that. I’m so confused
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AbleGodDidIt(f): 1:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Mhurfhy:
I bought estate land with BetterLife Property at Owerri in 2021 only to find out after some months that IMSU is claiming the land as theirs and till today the matter is still in court. The estate people said they will allocate another land but till today nothing has happened. If you are from Imo or Rivers State and you know the solution to this please advice me.
so sorry about this. I pray you find the help you need.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by AsomStructures: 7:12am On Apr 21, 2023
AbleGodDidIt:
But here’s the terms and conditions contained in the allocation letter I got. Please is there something I’m not getting right?

Okay now I get, infrastructur is subject to review as stated in d unless full payment has been made which I haven’t.

But it wasn’t stated that I’ll have to pay the reviewed price within a month abi?

Then again I still can’t understand where revoking the land is coming from or waiting till after 10years to be allocated to another location.

I’m so pained.

I'm so pissed by this bullshit.. I'm very certain this terms doesn't have any legal backing, and i didn't see where they wrote ur property would be revoked and you'll have to wait until after 10years before been allocated another portion. This is day light scam. Get a lawyer and take legal action against them..

Call on the mods also so they can take this post to fp for wider suggestions and inputs. I'm most certain you'll win this

1 Like

Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by ibechris(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2023
I can never buy anything estate plot in Nigeria.

Most of them are 419ers and I can't advice anyone to do such either.

U met the wrong people and I can assure u that these people will not go far in real estate business,because they would up having barrage of litigations that may cause would be buyers to run far from them.

Go to court and fight ur matter,if that is what they want.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by ibechris(m): 7:45am On Apr 21, 2023
AbleGodDidIt:
it is well. Sorry about your ordeal. Walai Abuja land matter taya person. I almost fell for one too thanks to AGIS

There are fake estates in Abuja than any where else in Nigeria.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Krucifax(m): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2023
Buying land in Abuja like anywhere in Nigeria one has to be careful.
I had a similar experience with a plot of land I bought during covid in Abuja. Where the developers were messing us about and reallocated twice after first telling us where we were to be given property. This was my third property purchase in Abuja.
The first two I had thesame problems. I bought two plots of land side by side but because I didn't have funds to develop at the time. Without warning the Estate owner resold them to somebody with deep pockets that wanted like 10 plots at the same time.
When I found out I was abroad in London. I went mental and I sent lawyers to them to fix their mess. They then gave me two new allocations which I very quickly went and did foundation on before they tried any new tricks. I have now finished building the two houses glory to God.
My third purchase with another developer is still dragging since 2020 and they are many of us in the same shoe with the man and we want to arrange group action and take him to court. Not easy for me as I'm based in London.
Who is the developer and which Estate is it in Abuja? I can suggest the lawyers that helped with my case or maybe you can join or group action if it's thesame people 🤔
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Bitrusisa(m): 2:34pm On Feb 29
ishidi40 for kumari and ishidi60 for yuda.
Re: Help! The Very First And Only Property I’ve Ever Acquired All My Life Is Revoked by Bitrusisa(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21
http://kumarinanawa.website3.me user:bitrus isa password:kumari20

(1) (Reply)

Accomondation In Ghana / Lands, Houses Both For Sale And Renting Call Now,,,,,,,,, / RealtySMSclub a mobile store house for PROPERTIES in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.