Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? (837 Views)

Lagosians Struggle To Enter FCMB Bank As Lockdown Eases (Video) / 5 Banks In Nigeria With High Savings Interest Rates Account / USSD Codes Of All The Commercial Banks In Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2023
It seems like authoring and publishing is supported for residents living in Nigeria, but not for recieving payments through the bank.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by mymadam(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:
It seems like authoring and publishing is supported for residents living in Nigeria, but not for recieving payments through the bank.

Yes. Open a Payoneer account and get paid via Payoneer. Thereafter, withdraw your funds to your Nigerian domiciliary bank account, as needed. Hope this helps 🤗
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by SilentVboy: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
@KRSwon, Bro, it's not a Nigerian bank account that will go in there.
You will need a wise account, or Payoneer account or grey account to receive your payment.
Those are virtual account details that you will fix there.

But if you don't have any of those account, then open one for yourself.
Or u get in touch with a reliable person who has to receive payment for u.

I only have wise account which I use.

Go to Google and type "how to receive payment on Amazon kdp" and you will see how to go about it.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
mymadam:

Yes. Open a Payoneer account and get paid via Payoneer. Thereafter, withdraw your funds to your Nigerian domiciliary bank account, as needed. Hope this helps 🤗

SilentVboy:
@KRSwon, Bro, it's not a Nigerian bank account that will go in there.
You will need a wise account, or Payoneer account or grey account to receive your payment.
Those are virtual account details that you will fix there.

But if you don't have any of those account, then open one for yourself.
Or u get in touch with a reliable person who has to receive payment for u.

I only have wise account which I use.

Go to Google and type "how to receive payment on Amazon kdp" and you will see how to go about it.

I don't have a dom account, but I have a dollar account. Will that work?

If not, then having to deal with the bank again to open another account will be a severe headache.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by SilentVboy: 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

I don't have a dom account, but I have a dollar account. Will that work?
A dollar account where?
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
SilentVboy:
A dollar account where?

UBA. Akwa Ibom.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by SilentVboy: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

UBA. Akwa Ibom.
oh ok. That dollar account is still known as Dom account. So it's ok.
Are u from Ak city? If yes, then I greet u Eyeneka.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
SilentVboy:
oh ok. That dollar account is still known as Dom account. So it's ok.
Are u from Ak city? If yes, then I greet u Eyeneka.

Thank you immensely, Eyeneka.

I'll post in here again if I encounter problems.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by SilentVboy: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

Thank you immensely, Eyeneka.

I'll post in here again if I encounter problems.
ok. But be aware that if you decide to go for a Payoneer account, then the minimum amount to withdraw is $50.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
SilentVboy:
ok. But be aware that if you decide to go for a Payoneer account, then the minimum amount to withdraw is $50.

And just like that, I've ran into a problem...

What is this?

Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by mymadam(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

What is this?
5,000.00? Do you plan to open a Payoneer business account?
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by SilentVboy: 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

What is this?
hmmm, and that's why I don't like Payoneer.
I prefer wise account. Or grey account.

I don't really know what u can do here now. Maybe add a grey account or wise to withdraw your money from Amazon.

Or maybe those using Payoneer can come assist u.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by KRSWon: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
mymadam:

Do you plan to open a Payoneer business account?

The only reason I'm doing any of this is to recieve payments for my published books on Amazon KDP, as well submitting content to publishers directly outside of Amazon.

Does any of this require a business account? I don't understand how I'm supposed to recieve payment from Amazon if I somehow need 5,000 before I do so. I'm not sure if I made an error in the sign-up process.

SilentVboy:
hmmm, and that's why I don't like Payoneer.
I prefer wise account. Or grey account.

I don't really know what u can do here now. Maybe add a grey account or wise to withdraw your money from Amazon.

Or maybe those using Payoneer can come assist u.

Have you ever encountered that page ? If not, there might be some sort of issue on my end.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by mymadam(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

...Have you ever encountered that page ? If not, there might be some sort of issue on my end.
Ha! Well, I've been withdrawing funds, from different sources, to my Domiciliary account via Payoneer for some years now... 50.00USD, when needed. However, I haven't recently withdrawn my KDP funds. I believe that the Payoneer-approved maximum and minimum withdrawals stuff is on an individual basis... different strokes for different folks. Why not shoot Payoneer an email for clarification 🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by blingxx(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

Grey.co .. open euro and pounds account .. thank me later
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by Passionet: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

Go get Payoneer then request a US bank account which you can then fill in there.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by Passionet: 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
blingxx:

Grey.co .. open euro and pounds account .. thank me later

Grey us account doesn't work. KDP won't be able to send to it.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by Passionet: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
KRSWon:

What is this?

I thought you didn't have a Payoneer account.
You'll have to write them and explain you just a publisher and they should remove that limit. I never had that when I opened my account.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by deejay102: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
I think this is because you clicked on "Request payment". Leave there and just look for where to open a US account within payoneer and thats all you need. Except this is a new thing sha. I know request a payment is a different service than just having a US payoneer account. Navigate the site well and see.
KRSWon:

What is this?
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by blingxx(m): 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
Passionet:

Omoh undecided which way like this ?
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by blingxx(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
Passionet:

Go get Payoneer then request a US bank account which you can then fill in there.

Won't work you will have to deposit $50 from another account
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by blingxx(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Passionet:

I open euro account tho .. does Amazon account euro ?
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by Passionet: 1:03am On Apr 21, 2023
blingxx:

Won't work you will have to deposit $50 from another account

this was his question - It seems like authoring and publishing is supported for residents living in Nigeria, but not for recieving payments through the bank. Does anyone know what I should do?

And my answer was right, but learned he even had a payoneer account to begin with.

You can start receiving payments with a brand new payoneer. I got my first kdp and fiverr payments on my brand-new account. You don't need to do that before getting paid from kdp or freelance platforms.
Re: No Way To Enter Bank Information For Nigerian Banks In Amazon KDP - Any Advice? by Passionet: 1:07am On Apr 21, 2023
blingxx:

I open euro account tho .. does Amazon account euro ?

You are going to be paid in $ in all marketplaces

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways To Make Money With Chatgpt Ai / Hr Core Competence: A Plan To Eradicate The Lower Class From The Job Scene? / Are You Into Solid Waste Management? Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.