Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners (16867 Views)

FG Approves Downward Review Of Tariff For Band A Electricity Consumers / President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners / Nigeria’s Power Supply Drops By 385.65 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by RoyalUc(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Yea... People who work in Nigeria permanently and people who hav Nigerian spouse as citizens

I understand
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Ashirioluwa: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
I don't know why some folks have ill feelings about this news. Some foreigners, particularly investors, are actually making it here in Nigeria even though the economy is not favorable for the majority of Nigerians.

So I see nothing wrong with it if foreigners like it here and are willing to become citizens of this nation because some of them have businesses here and are generating good money for themselves.

Look at the CEO of SCOA (Dr. Boulos). His family is originally from Lebanon, but they have been in this country for years, and most of them have Nigerian citizenship. same thing with Mr. Nidal Karameh of Mikano International Limited. This man and his family are also Nigerians through naturalization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Ashirioluwa: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
psucc:
They must be fugitives in their home country.

Some great investors like the managing director of SCOA and the owner of mikano business
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by MrBroke(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
They must be nigerians who just collected their NIN Plastic ID Card grin
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Tisham20(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Mad O
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Sleekfingers: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
Most of them are Lebanese, Chinese, Niger republic, Indians , chadian
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Tareq1105: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
RoyalUc:
Wow! So, people actually apply for Nigerian Citizenship?

I'm impressed.

And they still remain a citizen of their country of birth. That's dual citizenship.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Tareq1105: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Some great investors like the managing director of SCOA and the owner of mikano business

Yes, great investors and businessmen of note.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by godwon01(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

How do you know nigerians are coming home everyday to come and exploit "the potentials"?

Which potentials by the way?
That is your cup of tea. Stop asking questions you don't know. I have been living in abroad in the last 24 years . Several of my friends that are doctors and Nurses are coming home to invest in Nigeria. Your own perfection of Nigeria is myopic. I am also investing in Nigeria and no regret. Stop writing on what you don't. The fact that you don't invest in the country does not mean the country is so bad. Ok.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by lexy2014: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
godwon01:
That is your cup of tea. Stop asking questions you don't know. I have been living in abroad in the last 24 years . Several of my friends that are doctors and Nurses are coming home to invest in Nigeria. Your own perfection of Nigeria is myopic. I am also investing in Nigeria and no regret. Stop writing on what you don't. The fact that you don't invest in the country does not mean the country is so bad. Ok.

Offpoint. That's not what I asked you.

How do you know nigerians are coming home everyday to come and exploit "the potentials"?

How is my "perfection" of Nigeria myopic?
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by RaptorX: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
godwon01:
Let him go to the arrival hall at MMIA when flights are arriving from Europe or the US, this nonsense I read on NL about Nigerians living abroad not trooping into this country on a daily basis is childish and come from a place of ignorance.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by einsteine(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
panpan:
What is the difference between the granting of Nigerian Citizenship by naturalization and the granting of Nigerian Citizenship by registration?

Those who get married to Nigerians become citizens by registration. Naturalization is for those who have spent a number of years (I think 15) in Nigeria as legal residents.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by godwon01(m): 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

Why did you asked me such a question. It is an ambiguous question. Go and ask Google. I have provided my version of the answer and the rest is for you to research and provide a desertation for the remaining answer. It is basic that Nigerian are coming home to explore the country.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
godwon01:
Why did you asked me such a question. It is an ambiguous question. Go and ask Google. I have provided my version of the answer and the rest is for you to research and provide a desertation for the remaining answer. It is basic that Nigerian are coming home to explore the country.

Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Felix6: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
RoyalUc:

I'm impressed.
those are guys reaping Nigeria dry through collaborators. Foreign construction companies executive that obtain inflated contracts through ministers on a negotiated sharing ratio.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Felix6: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
psucc:
Not outrightly fugitive but criminally minded individuals. Some of them came through parent company (foreign) as expertriates. They eventually grew in the company and saw how corrupt the politicians awarding contracts are, they eventually pulled out of the parent company to set up theirs. Now you need to see how complicit the Ministry of interior and DSS are in the process of obtaining this citizenship.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by lexy2014: 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
godwon01:

But why exactly are you hurt? Is it those simple questions that crawled under skin to make you start spilling your emotions like a burst crude oil pipeline?

Let's see what you wrote. You said "The fact that you don't invest in the country does not mean the country is so bad. Ok".

So the country is not so bad. Then what are you doing abroad for 24years?
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by PJ123: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
godwon01:

God bless you brother and the Lord will continue to prosper you where you are in Jesus name. And you will also live to enjoy the fruits of your investment in Nigeria in Jesus name. Nigeria will be great again by God's grace!!!
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by godwon01(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
PJ123:

God bless you brother and the Lord will continue to prosper you where you are in Jesus name. And you will also live to enjoy the fruits of your investment in Nigeria in Jesus name. Nigeria will be great again by God's grace!!!
Amen IJN. I wish the same bro.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Chetas81(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
RoyalUc:

I'm impressed.
in your press iron

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Chetas81(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO HELP USING THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN BRAIN 🧠 AS WE NIGERIAN DUMP OUR BRAINS AND IDEA FOR MIRACLE AND GOD
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Iluvmycontr3: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
RoyalUc:

I'm impressed.

🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️it is really true that we don't value what we hav until....
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by RoyalUc(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
Iluvmycontr3:

🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️it is really true that we don't value what we hav until....

...the Chinese and the Lebanese take it from us grin
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by BeeNG3: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
wink cheesy wink wink wink wink imagine
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by KingOfBoyz1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
At least every person from Benin,Niger and countries bordering us already have NIN.. you think Nigeria will be better? No.. when they go to get NIN.. they don't pass through any questions.. they pay and get Our national Identity card.. wtf. This one na publicity bulaba
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by aklid(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Negative energies of the country won’t like this…they’re wailing and cursing already….just cause u hate your country doesn’t means someone hates it too….and for those thinking it’s blacks only approved your wrong… check the list and get shocked
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Nickymezor(f): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
No pictures, wana see their faces o...Anyway good for them
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by panpan(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
einsteine:
Those who get married to Nigerians become citizens by registration. Naturalization is for those who have spent a number of years (I think 15) in Nigeria as legal residents.

Thank you for your answer.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Rebelutionary: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
lexy2014:

You said "from all over the world". Is that the truth or a lie? Since you are telling the truth, give me a breakdown of the 286 people by nationality.

From the pix you shared, what are the nationality of the folks in your pix?

1. Please go and read it for yourself https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/510558-nigeria-grants-citizenship-to-286-americans-europeans-others.html

2. An excerpt from the article: These applicants are from virtually every part of the world. Americans, North and South Korean, Australians, Europeans, Arabs, Asians, all over of the South Africans. Out of the 600 applicants, the advisory committee approved for the consideration of the council, 286.”

3. I countered you because you wanted to push the obviously false narrative that ONLY nationals of "tier 4" underdeveloped countries would apply for Nigerian citizenship which this article proves is a blatant lie!
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Guide777(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
psucc:
They are Fulani herdsmen from all over Africa.
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by lexy2014: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Rebelutionary:

1. Please go and read it for yourself https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/510558-nigeria-grants-citizenship-to-286-americans-europeans-others.html

2. An excerpt from the article: These applicants are from virtually every part of the world. Americans, North and South Korean, Australians, Europeans, Arabs, Asians, all over of the South Africans. Out of the 600 applicants, the advisory committee approved for the consideration of the council, 286.”

3. I countered you because you wanted to push the obviously false narrative that ONLY nationals of "tier 4" underdeveloped countries would apply for Nigerian citizenship which this article proves is a blatant lie!

I don't remember asking you why you countered me so am not sure how that concerns me.

grin grin cheesy I laugh in kpokpogari. Can you pls tell me the figure I mentioned in my initial post that you responded to? Does that figure reflect the number of applicants? What does the figure represent?😄😀😂

So which discussion did we have about number of applicants? grin

What was the questions I asked you and what figure did I quote? What does the figure represent? If you don't remember, let me remind you.

You said "from all over the world". Is that the truth or a lie? Since you are telling the truth, give me a breakdown of the 286 people by nationality.

From the pix you shared, what are the nationality of the folks in your pix?
Re: FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners by Benrosaria(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Nigerians need to know who the Bleep they are, are we stupid buhari. how can you put 385 foreigners with us and we dont know who they are. c'mon these men dey Bleep with us deeply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Southern Kaduna Village / Peter Obi Meets With EU, WEF Delegations On 2019 Election / The Police Deny Reported Chasing Out Of Herdsmen In Enugu, Threaten Sanction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.