Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigerian Passport: New York Branch - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport: New York Branch (872 Views)

Nigerian Passport: New Application & Renewal; United Kingdom / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by omotodun1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Good day everyone,

There is a dearth of information regarding those of us who filed our passport renewal application overseas, especially in the States. I would like to know if any Nairalander availed themselves of the services of the New York Consulate in processing their passports. How long did it take you to get your passport? I did my capturing on the 6th of March, 2023, and I plan on going to 9ja in about three months.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by member13(m): 5:17am On May 02, 2023
Honestly, I'd like to know this information too.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by uchetobi(f): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
I want to know too

Can you pls provide and update or share a contact info
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by Samnigazz: 4:35am On Oct 12, 2023
I renewed my Naija Passport at the Newyork High Commission in 2022. What questions do you have, I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by uchetobi(f): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Samnigazz:
I renewed my Naija Passport at the Newyork High Commission in 2022. What questions do you have, I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

How long did it take?

Also do you have a contact person there
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by TWoods(m): 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
uchetobi:

How long did it take?

Having a contact person is the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by Samnigazz: 2:21am On Oct 13, 2023
uchetobi:

How long did it take? I applied and paid online for the renewal; it took me about 3 months from the capture date to when I got the passport in my mailbox. I heard that it is faster now though. Someone reported that it took her less than 2 months to get it renewed.

I do not have a contact person there. I did not know anyone, and it was done effortlessly. Just make sure that you have all the requirements and paperwork, they will check for everything. They will also tell you where to buy the return mail from USPS or from other private courier companies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by Samnigazz: 2:22am On Oct 13, 2023
TWoods:

Having a contact person is the problem with Nigeria.
I applied and paid online for the renewal; it took me about 3 months from the capture date to when I got the passport in my mailbox. I heard that it is faster now though. Someone reported that it took her less than 2 months to get it renewed.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by uchetobi(f): 12:41am On Oct 14, 2023
Samnigazz:

I do not have a contact person there. I did not know anyone, and it was done effortlessly. Just make sure that you have all the requirements and paperwork, they will check for everything. They will also tell you where to buy the return mail from USPS or from other private courier companies.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by Taal17: 1:31am On Oct 14, 2023
Samnigazz:

I applied and paid online for the renewal; it took me about 3 months from the capture date to when I got the passport in my mailbox. I heard that it is faster now though. Someone reported that it took her less than 2 months to get it renewed.

NIS has been clearing the backlog of passports in Nigeria and abroad so timelines are shorter.
Re: Nigerian Passport: New York Branch by ramalot(m): 3:18am On Oct 14, 2023
I have no recent encounter with the New York office, but they seem generally incompetent, and that's one rundown office. I did a renewal there in 2017, as I needed to visit naija, and certainly won't apply for a naija visa. 2-3 months later, it was one excuse after another. Their booklet production machine was always broken back then. Managed to get it in about 3 months.

The most efficient Nigerian passport renewal I've done was a few months ago, in Brasilia, Brazil. Entire process took a few hours. Paid online, made an appointment, showed up at the embassy for capture and they produced the passport immediately. I was literally the only non-staff at the embassy, so I guess that explains the speed.

(1) (Reply)

Migrating To Germany For Free : The Chancekarte Discussions / Invalid Height Specification / Do I Need Visa To Serria Loem Or Work Permit To Work There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.