Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview (13539 Views)

My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / I Got A Message For A Job I Never Applied For / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by cstans(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hope u know accounting cos u could be given question to solve
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by daneni1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
Brunosamel:
I just got a message for my first job interview it's a four star hotel I applied for an accounting position I'm not even prepared and I feel anxious. Please guru's in the house how did you handle your first interview enlighten me

Ensure your double entry knowledge is top notch
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by bolabadmus38: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
Be prepared psychologically, physically and spiritually. Understand what you stated in your CV . Be bold and calm. Understand the questions before answering them. Your job level will determine the types of questions. Prepare for basic practical debit and credit questions. Best of luck
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by sta1: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
Try and give off a positive and relaxed vibe. Smile a lot. If you can make them laugh say at least once, better.
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by Focusmind: 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
Research about the hotel very well
Understand the various transaction taxes inherent in hotel business - VAT, WHT, stamp duties, PAYE and some other consumption taxes enacted by States government
Polish your communication skills. You need to speak fluidly and confidently with clarity and less ambiguity
Master the art of bank and account reconciliation very well - very key for any lower cadre accounting officer
Finally, you must have strategies on how to prevent fraud and forgeries. Fraud is very rampant in hotel business. You must convince your employer that you can put adequate control in place to checkmate fraudulent activities from your colleagues or suppliers.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by simfrost90210: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
smiley i wish you well
.., and the sky is your starting point

.., don't forget to drink orijin bitters mixed with McDowell's, make your morale for dey high grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by NorthernersSuck: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
Brunosamel:
I just got a message for my first job interview it's a four star hotel I applied for an accounting position I'm not even prepared and I feel anxious. Please guru's in the house how did you handle your first interview enlighten me

God is good to put His words into your tongue, the job is yours sealed and secure, congrats to your new job
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by Microwhy: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
Brunosamel:
If you like be confident, if you like be stammering, if you like go fvckup... all I know is, there are no jobs outside. Dont panic and don't be afraid.
Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by Naturalobserver(m): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2023
Asamota:
In all my job applications that made it to the interview stage, I got an offer.

The mentality to getting an offer is acting like you don't need the job but your employers need you.

But how can you build this mentality, you may ask?

It's easy:
1. Do your research about the job. Then talk about what you're bringing to the table.

2. You need to know why that role is currently open. Ask them.

3. Research the closest competition to the company and try to figure out why they might be doing better than your potential employers. This will help you form better questions that will blow the mind of your interviewer.

4. The questions you ask are more important than whatever answer you might have crammed to reply to the interviewer. Trust me, they are going to ask a lot of people those same generic questions, and chances are you're not the brightest of them all. So ask questions that would lead to unique questions from the interviewer.

5. Don't overthink things, the interviewer is not against you, in fact, they hope to hire you. Just be yourself and talk to them like they are your colleagues.

Shalom.
OP why this strategy might have worked for the poster,my advice for you is don't follow it o.
Life is suppose to operate on WIN/WIN system.
You smile,they smile.You WIN they win too.
Don't act like you don't need the job o.
Oga you need the job,you need the money.Be real,be truthful.
On the other hand show them why you are the best for the job,express urself,advertise your skills and intelligence,experience and talent..

If you act as if you don't need the job,you might be performing excellenty well subsequently but they will still be watching you with one eye while praising you.
But if you make them know you need the job and the money,when you are performing excellently well, they will consider increasing your pay all the time because to them,you are part of them,you need them and you also need the money.

It's good to know your self worth and value and make people see those but always show humility all the time.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Message For My First Job Interview by JobAndVacancies: 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
saphiere:
Congratulations
do you still need a job?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shelf Drilling Aptitude Test 2014 / Citibank 2022 Analyst Assessment Test / Nairalander's Unemployed Graduates Initiative Featured In Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.