Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not (506 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / What Do Churches Use Tithe, Offerings, Vows, Etc, For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by malcom1X: 6:34am On Apr 23, 2023
When I attend churches in the North. I usually get gifts and lots of presents for coming to church.
But I don't usually get these gifts from the southern churches.

Who should be the one to give these gifts, is it not southern churches?
There's nothing as sweet as going to church and bringing something back home.

I know people contribute for these things which I also do in some cases but since I'm not always staying in the north, I don't do that often.

So my question is why do churches in the north give out gifts just like the early churches but churches in the south don't do the same meanwhile they have the means.

Note: There are many other ways to show appreciation and gratitude, such as providing words of encouragement or providing spiritual guidance. Additionally, it is important to remember that giving gifts can be expensive and not everyone has the means to do so.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by LordIsaac(m): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2023
In most Southern churches, you only give to the "god of man."
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by suckmedownthere(f): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2023
They learn so much from the Muslims .......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Righthussle: 6:53am On Apr 23, 2023
Because southern Christians are beginning to understand the game.
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by yrhuhfy113: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2023
malcom1X:
When I attend churches in the North. I usually get gifts and lots of presentation for coming to church.

I know people contribute for these things which I also do in most cases but since I'm not always staying in the north, I don't do that often.

So my question is why do churches in the north give out gifts just like the early churches but churches in the south don't do the same.

Note that it's not easy to give gifts these days.

Pls give a practical example.... are you talking about WHAT IS GIVEN TO firstimers or new comers?

or every member gets a gift?

because here in Lagos, I know few churches where you will eat rice and chicken if you go as a first timer on sunday....

so pls explain sir.... maybe LAGOS CHURCHES DO NOT YET GET THE UPDATE

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2023
Greediness in southern region
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Tolue43: 7:10am On Apr 23, 2023
Possibly they learn it from Muslims, when I was in UAE, we do go to church on Fridays not Sunday. My house was at Al Yahal a suburb of Abu Dhabi (almost 3 hours drive), our church will send a coaster bus to pick us ( almost 30 Africans) without paying 1dihran. They send lot of buses out to bring all their members across Abu Dhabi and Al ain.

All the churches or denominations are located in thesame area , no scattered churches like what we have here in Nigeria. Once we get there they'll first of all give us food and hot tea.

As the service is on-going, they will count all of us that came with that particular bus and load it with lot of boxes full of food, juice, fruits, provisions etc.

Even after the service, we'll still eat before going home. If you like you can eat indian food, Arab food or westerners kind of food are available!

Bus will take us back home without paying a dine, on getting home alot of foods will be waiting for us again, from Muslims who came to our camp to give us gift.

I tell you for 3 days we don't need to cook or buy anything. All we need to do is just warm up the foods. I'm not sure it's thesame thing in Dubai cause most of the locals( Emirati ) are based in Abu Dhabi the capital and Al ain.

The only problem with Arab world is low wages. Aside that, it's an heaven on earth, mind you all church in Abu Dhabi do this every Fridays. NOT FOR FIRST TIMERS OOO

So it seems we southern christians don't really know how to give gift.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by OllyArt(m): 7:16am On Apr 23, 2023
Need a Signage for your Office space
Check my Recent jobs >>>>
https://www.nairaland.com/7662461/lets-create-signage-office-brand
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Millimann: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2023
Tolue43:
Possibly they learn it from Muslims, when I was in UAE, we do go to church on Fridays not Sunday. My house was at Al Yahal a suburb of Abu Dhabi (almost 3 hours drive), our church will send a coaster bus to pick us ( almost 30 Africans) without paying 1dihran. They send lot of buses out to bring all their members across Abu Dhabi and Al ain.

All the churches or denominations are located in thesame area , no scattered churches like what we have here in Nigeria. Once we get there they'll first of all give us food and hot tea.

As the service is on-going, they will count all of us that came with that particular bus and load it with lot of boxes full of food, juice, fruits, provisions etc.

Even after the service, we'll still eat before going home. If you like you can eat indian food, Arab food or westerners kind of food are available!

Bus will take us back home without paying a dine, on getting home alot of foods will be waiting for us again, from Muslims who came to our camp to give us gift.

I tell you for 3 days we don't need to cook or buy anything. All we need to do is just warm up the foods. I'm not sure it's thesame thing in Dubai cause most of the locals( Emirati ) are based in Abu Dhabi the capital and Al ain.

The only problem with Arab world is low wages. Aside that, it's an heaven on earth, mind you all church in Abu Dhabi do this every Fridays. NOT FOR FIRST TIMERS OOO

Who bankrolls the gifts?

Do you pay thithes and offerings in those churches?
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Apr 23, 2023
malcom1X:
When I attend churches in the North. I usually get gifts and lots of presentation for coming to church.

I know people contribute for these things which I also do in most cases but since I'm not always staying in the north, I don't do that often.

So my question is why do churches in the north give out gifts just like the early churches but churches in the south don't do the same.

Note that it's not easy to give gifts these days.
the same thing applies!
Mosques in the South do give gifts, but in the north they don't give

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Elliotwaveforec: 7:50am On Apr 23, 2023
Southern churches are business enterprises; the real churches are in the north like ECWA and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by AntiChristian: 8:08am On Apr 23, 2023
It's actually the Obi mentality! The north is the poorest and less educated hence they need to be entised with wealth, food, etc.

Fishers of men things!

South on the other hand are enlightened and better placed. So na to just chop gift clean mouth!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by malcom1X: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

Pls give a practical example.... are you talking about WHAT IS GIVEN TO firstimers or new comers?

or every member gets a gift?

because here in Lagos, I know few churches where you will eat rice and chicken if you go as a first timer on sunday....

so pls explain sir.... maybe LAGOS CHURCHES DO NOT YET GET THE UPDATE

Man I'm talking about first Sunday of the month and last Friday of the month.
Secondly people are always giving out gifts.

Like dedication, celebration, anything.
Man I enjoyed church in the north than in the south.
Now my question is, why aren't the southern churches doing it?

It's not like they don't have money to do it, because I believe what they do in the north demand lots of sacrifices.
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by FxMasterz: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2023
Tolue43:

Do Muslims give gifts in their mosques? I'll like to know how they learnt it from Muslims as you said.
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by FxMasterz: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2023
It's difficult to be a Christian in the north. They're doing it to encourage people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by yrhuhfy113: 10:07am On Apr 23, 2023
malcom1X:

Man I'm talking about first Sunday of the month and last Friday of the month.
Secondly people are always giving out gifts.

Like dedication, celebration, anything.
Man I enjoyed church in the north than in the south.
Now my question is, why aren't the southern churches doing it?

It's not like they don't have money to do it, because I believe what they do in the north demand lots of sacrifices.

Oh ok its a simple answer.........

IN THE NORTH.... people attend CHURCH genuinely because of GOD.....

in the SOUTH people attend church because of MIRACLES, PROPHETIC GINGER AND TESTIMONIES AND CONNECTIONS.

So its totally different.
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by malcom1X: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
paxonel:
the same thing applies!
Mosques in the South do give gifts, but in the north they don't give

Is this true?
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by Lukuluku69(m): 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
malcom1X:

Is this true?

Mosques/Masjids historically in Islam is the Center of the Muslim Community. So, you find out that Muslims lives revolves around their Mosques. It is the Learning Centers as well as the Office of the Head of the Community and of course the Center of the Spirituality.

That said, you find out that to reach out to a wider part of the Community you have to approach the Mosques.

As for Gifts at Mosques, it is a norm. Ask people in other climes. This is the same growing up here in the South. The gifts most often are Food items, sometimes money.
Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by paxonel(m): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
malcom1X:

Is this true?
yes!
And moreover, the poverty level in the north is so severe, so mosques are trying hard to conserve their resources, that's why they don't give. They rather set up almajiri system where they send out children to go and beg for money. These children will have to remit certain amount of money back to the mosque, so they don't give.
But come to the south, there are so many wealthy Muslim elites who gives to encourage the few people practicing Islam in the region

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches In The North Give Gifts But Southern Churches Do Not by malcom1X: 2:28am On Apr 30, 2023
paxonel:
yes!
And moreover, the poverty level in the north is so severe, so mosques are trying hard to conserve their resources, that's why they don't give. They rather set up almajiri system where they send out children to go and beg for money. These children will have to remit certain amount of money back to the mosque, so they don't give.
But come to the south, there are so many wealthy Muslim elites who gives to encourage the few people practicing Islam in the region

Wow thanks for the enlightenment. This is the first time I'm hearing this.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Searching For Solution About Your Life? There Is Solution Close To You. / Life: Better Than You Can Imagine The Real Life / How Big Is Holy Thursday In Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.