Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,561 members, 7,843,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi (16162 Views)

SUMAS: UNN Academicians Hail Gov. Ugwuanyi’s Giant Strides In Education Sector / Ugwuanyi Inspects Projects At SUMAS Recently Licensed By NUC / FDI: FG’s Move Against Multichoice May Discourage Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by Benrosaria(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
no one has good intentions anymore, only for money and money is evil
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by duduade: 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
Okay na make time of accreditation reach
We all go dey here
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by jude5240(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
If Na matriculation, e for just use the opportunity tell the school to award him a honorary doctorate degree

I think jambites need to do more research on schools to apply for. There are newly approved schools popping up, but information is lacking... Rather than everybody wanting to attend UNN, UI, UNILAG, UNILORIN,e.t.c.

Can you please recommend one or two for me?
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by jude5240(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
uuzba:

Philipino and Indian women are happy.
Nigerian women are always angry and vexing. Using force-force to chook the injection.
Which country will want Nigerian nurses?
The other day, one was busy doing video of a dying man to post on Instagram. The man died!

True?
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by Bluntemperor: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
[quote author=Derrickfoster1 post=122693127]God abeg 🤣🤣[/quote

Please,educate me- what is up is ' King Nweze Umahi University,hope is different from the State University or are they the same and why is it bearing Umahi - is that not the governor's name?
May be a mistake is somewhere or a mixup!
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
jude5240:

Can you please recommend one or two for me?

Aside this one, I know of Bamidele Olumilua also... They don't write PUME as at the last time I checked, so if your JAMB score is high and they're offering the course, just get change of institution and you're good to go

2 Likes

Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by nograv: 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
You promote each other regardless of merit.

The economy fails as a result, providing few opportunities to ordinary Nigerians.

Then the same people act surprised when the young do Japa? Oya make it make sense

Mtchew angry
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by mediclife1987(m): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
OEPHIUS:
We established SUMAS in Nsukka to increase access to medical education, address shortage of health personnel, discourage brain drain in Nigeria - Gov. Ugwuanyi

…Addresses SUMAS’ pioneer matriculants as founder and visitor to university

…Says his administration has invested heavily in varsity’s infrastructure, made provisions for sustainable funding

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0335GTojFgthXTqndqXSJq9WfFPhWC9CV94C7oCTVZ4dJWTrU76GFWuHjFM9tUcgkvl&id=100044234839321&mibextid=Nif5oz

More schools to churn out more doctors for well deserving countries.

Who wan come suffer for 6years to dey collect peanuts after graduation, while one irresponsible boy with dread lock go come collect all the fine babes finish, because he Sabi press keyboard.

Foolishly foolish fools... undecided

5 Likes

Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by sulaak(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Cooly100:

It is massive progress.

Definitely not all of them will end up in foreign land. Some will remain here.

The money they send home help their families to train more of their siblings in school where there is no free education.

The properties they develop will cut across labour supply, creating jobs to several people.

The tenement rate the pay for those properties to their state governments will improve state IGR.

This is massive progress my friend.

Don't look at it from one angle.

So training your youths to work in another country is progress. Training Nigerian to work in another country is a waste of a generation, especially if the youth is needed in Nigeria. Nigerians are making the UK healthy, while Nigerians are unhealthy.

Now if you said Nigerian businesses were building bridges and schools in the UK using Nigerian professionals, then I would call that progress as our youth will be exploited in the interest of Nigeria.
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by nedekid: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
If Na matriculation, e for just use the opportunity tell the school to award him a honorary doctorate degree

I think jambites need to do more research on schools to apply for. There are newly approved schools popping up, but information is lacking... Rather than everybody wanting to attend UNN, UI, UNILAG, UNILORIN,e.t.c.
Those you mentioned are federal universities. Way cheaper as they are subsidized by fgn.

1 Like

Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by bigiyaro(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Training more doctors to serve white people.
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by CollinsJimmy: 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2023
Germi9:
SUMAS another avenue to loot the treasury

Sometimes i wonder how some of you reason. Kill the hate and acknowledge good deed for once. He tried on Diswan abeg
Re: We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi by Germi9: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
CollinsJimmy:

Sometimes i wonder how some of you reason. Kill the hate and acknowledge good deed for once. He tried on Diswan abeg
Nigga if you wan talk…Talk which one be i wonder how u people reason? I know u before? Abi dem no dey chop d moni for d corntree abeg shift jor

(1) (2) (Reply)

2018: We Won’t Settle For Anything Less Than Deputy Governor ―ekiti Muslims / NBS: We Have No Data To Back Up Minister Of Labour's Claim On 7Million New Jobs / Nigeria To Introduce New Taxes To Increase Revenue – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.