Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,867 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Relocating To Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Ghana (540 Views)

Relocating To Bahamas / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Ghana by cowboyT: 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
I've been thinking of traveling to either Togo or Ghana but later made up my mind for Ghana. Pls I need help with the travelling routes(road, 🚗, sea 🚣 )cos no money for flight ✈
then, things to expect before getting there, (Accra).
The xch 💱 rate and
any other first hand experience pls.
thanks in adv.
Re: Relocating To Ghana by Ynix(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
cowboyT:
I've been thinking of traveling to either Togo or Ghana but later made up my mind for Ghana. Pls I need help with the travelling routes(road, 🚗, sea 🚣 )cos no money for flight ✈
The xch 💱 rate and
thanks in adv.
Get your ECOWAS passport and go to Jibowu for ABC transport or just head over to Seme border

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana by frankadrian: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
cowboyT:
The xch 💱 rate and
thanks in adv.

If you THINK Nigeria is bad, no try Ghana. As you didn't ask about rent, source of income etc, I suppose you already have a solid plan.

But the inflation in Ghana is mad. Cost of living is so high even people wey get money dey vex. So shine your eyes as you dey go. God be with you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Ghana by cowboyT: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
frankadrian:

If you THINK Nigeria is bad, no try Ghana. As you didn't ask about rent, source of income etc, I suppose you already have a solid plan.

But the inflation in Ghana is mad. Cost of living is so high even people wey get money dey vex. So shine your eyes as you dey go. God be with you.

really appreciate ur contribution,
but concerning rent, work and stuffs, that one has being taken care of, just what I need is a first hand experience from a resident or anyone who's frequent in Ghana.
Re: Relocating To Ghana by frankadrian: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
cowboyT:

really appreciate ur contribution,
but concerning rent, work and stuffs, that one has being taken care of, just what I need is a first hand experience from a resident or anyone who's frequent in Ghana.

I lived in Ghana for over a decade. I might know a thing or two about the country. It's a very calm place. The people are nice and peace-loving but there's a deep seated dislike or maybe envy towards Nigerians, although that's not something you're likely to experience if you live decently. Electricity is stable like you probably already know. Water supply is constant. Rent is exorbitant.

Since you have a means of income and a place to stay, I'd say go have a feel, after one year you'll have enough experience to decide if it's a good fit or not. Just watch out for costs. It runs pretty high. Your money disappears into thin air in Ghana. Everything is just that expensive and reward to expense ratio is poor.

All in all, all the best. I hardly think the country is a place you can thrive if you strictly do legit work. But destinies differ.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Ghana by cowboyT: 5:54am On Apr 24, 2023
frankadrian:

I lived in Ghana for over a decade. I might know a thing or two about the country. It's a very calm place. The people are nice and peace-loving but there's a deep seated dislike or maybe envy towards Nigerians, although that's not something you're likely to experience if you live decently. Electricity is stable like you probably already know. Water supply is constant. Rent is exorbitant.

Since you have a means of income and a place to stay, I'd say go have a feel, after one year you'll have enough experience to decide if it's a good fit or not. Just watch out for costs. It runs pretty high. Your money disappears into thin air in Ghana. Everything is just that expensive and reward to expense ratio is poor.

All in all, all the best. I hardly think the country is a place you can thrive if you strictly do legit work. But destinies differ.

Cheers

thanks a lot sir

(1) (Reply)

Saskatchewan ITA Proof Of Funds / Isreal 2011 Tour 29th Jul August 2011 / Portharcourt: Classy, Peaceful And Sweet. With The Cliff Top Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.