Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu (7783 Views)

Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Old Mama Who Donated N1m To Buhari, Pictured With Tinubu, Atiku And Buhari / Ex-govs, Buhari’s Associates Lock Horns With Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by aloyemeka1: 12:01am On Sep 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Alao-Akala battles Ajimiobi over Tinubu’s travails[/size]
on SEPTEMBER 22, 2011 · in NEWS

By Ola Ajayi IBADAN

AS a result of the arraignment of the former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu over alleged operation of foreign accounts when in office, an ex-governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has condemned his successor, Senator Abiola Ajimiobi for supporting Tinubu during his travails.

In a statement signed by former Governor Alao-Akala’s Spokesman, Prince Dotun Oyelade, the former governor of Oyo said that for Governor Ajimobi to leave his duty post to commiserate with Tinubu over his travails at the Code of Conduct Tribunal smacked of executive joblessness.

The statement said that no matter the level of indebtedness to Tinubu, Ajimobi should not relegate himself to the role of a groveling subordinate at the beck and call of his boss.

Akala said it was only last week the same Tinubu directed the Oyo State Governor to represent him at a function in Oshogbo adding that Ajimobi must realize that he represents a proud people who see themselves as equals to others and he should stop this embarrassment forthwith.  While Ajimobi was shedding tears over Tinubu in Abuja, Governor Fasola of Lagos who should probably be the Chief mourner was attending to his official duties in Lagos.

But, in a swift reaction, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has said that the embarrassing regularity with which the trio of the former governor of the state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, his spokesman and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state “bait events”, in what it called “flaw-shopping,” was an indication that “this axis of evil” is suffering from acute joblessness and needed one badly.

The party made this known in a reaction issued by its Publicity Secretary, Hon. Mathew Oyedokun.

According to the party, at a time like this when the PDP had swapped role with the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NDP), otherwise known as Demo of the First Republic, in its nefarious role of jailing Chief Obafemi Awolowo, in its attempt to nail Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by all means, it is consequent on all men of goodwill to demonstrate against tyranny of federal might.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/alao-akala-battles-ajimiobi-over-tinubus-travails/
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by BigB11(m): 12:42am On Sep 23, 2011
While Ajimobi was shedding tears over Tinubu in Abuja, Governor Fasola of Lagos who should probably be the Chief mourner was attending to his official duties in Lagos.

As much as I want to agree with this statement, the dude that is vomiting this rubbish needs to clean up his @@s well well before he comes out to point out where the bad smell is coming from.

Let us forget Akala, the messenger for a minute and focus more on the content of the message.

Ibadan is in the midst of flood crisis, the people of Ibadan are still mostly traumatized from the aftermath of this flood. As we speak their houses are still being demolished.
Furthermore, a few loved ones are still yet to be found; and for Governor Ajimobi to leave his post to go over to Abuja to simply kiss @@s is a profound despicable accomplishment.

As much as I like and support this dude, I think his action has not only sent a wrong message to the new generation (new politicians), but also displaced him as a weak leader who does not have the capability or stamina to stand up for his country, what is right and not just for some old cargo crook godfather.
His action has left me with no other choice, but to ask whether this governor is a true leader or a psychophant follower?

In spite of his ridiculous action, I still hope that he has brought the change the people of Ibadan need and deserve.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by aloyemeka1: 1:16am On Sep 23, 2011
You are right on the money. Ajimobi is a fvcking sycophant.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Xfactoria: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Alao-Akala battles Ajimiobi over Tinubu’s travails[/size]
on SEPTEMBER 22, 2011 · in NEWS

By Ola Ajayi IBADAN

AS a result of the arraignment of the former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu over alleged operation of foreign accounts when in office, an ex-governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has condemned his successor, Senator Abiola Ajimiobi for supporting Tinubu during his travails.

In a statement signed by former Governor Alao-Akala’s Spokesman, Prince Dotun Oyelade, the former governor of Oyo said that for Governor Ajimobi to leave his duty post to commiserate with Tinubu over his travails at the Code of Conduct Tribunal smacked of executive joblessness.

The statement said that no matter the level of indebtedness to Tinubu, Ajimobi should not relegate himself to the role of a groveling subordinate at the beck and call of his boss.

Akala said it was only last week the same Tinubu directed the Oyo State Governor to represent him at a function in Oshogbo adding that Ajimobi must realize that he represents a proud people who see themselves as equals to others and he should stop this embarrassment forthwith. While Ajimobi was shedding tears over Tinubu in Abuja, Governor Fasola of Lagos who should probably be the Chief mourner was attending to his official duties in Lagos.

But, in a swift reaction, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has said that the embarrassing regularity with which the trio of the former governor of the state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, his spokesman and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state “bait events”, in what it called “flaw-shopping,” was an indication that “this axis of evil” is suffering from acute joblessness and needed one badly.

The party made this known in a reaction issued by its Publicity Secretary, Hon. Mathew Oyedokun.

According to the party, at a time like this when the PDP had swapped role with the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NDP), otherwise known as Demo of the First Republic, in its nefarious role of jailing Chief Obafemi Awolowo, in its attempt to nail Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by all means, it is consequent on all men of goodwill to demonstrate against tyranny of federal might.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/alao-akala-battles-ajimiobi-over-tinubus-travails/

Akala is right on point on the bolded. Imagine Tinubu directing Ajimobi to represent him at a function ACN sucks!!!
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by karpenter: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2011
Perhaps, very soon Fashola may somehow be included on the list of folks behind Tinubu’s travails since he didn't show up in Abuja for solidarity. Watch out!!!!!
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Gbawe: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2011
All I will say is"Yoruba ronu" !!! It is crystal clear what is going on . It is also not difficult to discern why Ajimobi is supporting Tinubu. Not everyone must follow what Fashola does. In any case , from the outstanding caliber of the many Yoruba lawyers defending Tinubu (probably for free) it is apparent to note that supporting Tinubu is personal for those who see the big picture.

After OBJ and his rampaging thugs decimated the SW they now want the President of the day to give them a way back into a region that has rejected them. Not at all a surprise that many prominent Yorubas are openly supporting Tinubu. Akala has no point. Ajimobi is allowed to support a friend as we all are- especially against a federal Government with tyrannical men , well known for their bullying ways and "do or die" tactics, (i.e OBJ, Anenih et al) dictating to the Presidency.

Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2011
I'm not a fan of Akala because he's also not known for decorum, discipline or performance but he has raised valid points here.

This is the time for the Oyo state government to face the emergency at home and work round the clock to ensure that the long-suffering people of the state at least benefit from good governance.

Ajimobi should realize that although he may have successfully pushed the blame on the flood to Akala, the quality of response to it and the prevention of a recurrence lie squarely on him. To do this, he needs all the time in the world to strategize and work for his people. What he went to do in Abuja was neither critical nor urgent.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2011
I dont understand this whole ACN governors solidarity charade. What is the point of the governors going to the court? Is it going to count as circumstantial evidence or what? What bearing does it have on the case are they looking for a media trial? I think these governors are absolutely jobless and I see a lot brewing here

1. These governors are going to become big failures. They are not focused as they have only been embarking on propaganda after propaganda instead of getting down to work. Imagine one saying he will create 10000 industries in 4 years.

2. ACN might implode soon. Fashola is definitely not feeling Tinubu right now. They might try the impeachment thing again, and that will be the beginning of the end. Ikofuriji is already in the dragnet. Like they say, he who goes for equity must come with a clean hand. ACN? Very dirty hands. Even Ariel wont help this one.

3. They might also try the smear campaign against Fashola. Dont be suprised to start hearing stuff like, BRT et all was solely Tinubu, not Fashola. The problem with that move is that the general public are already brainwashed to believe its a Fashola thing. Will be difficult to change that conception.
Tinubu is a good politician. I must commend him for that. But he is power drunk. And like they say, absolute powers corrupt absolutely. Fashola has presidential ambition just like Tinubu and he has only 2 options. a. Take over from Tinubu as ACN leader. 2. Perform well and Switch party to Labour or PDP. Also the race is on for the next Lagos state governor. Ikuforuji is Tinubu's candidate but there are other who will not have it. This is what you get when oneman tries to control everything. It is the same mistake OBJ made in the SW. It never works because Nigerians no matter the region are not loyal people. They are only loyal as long as it serves their interest and they cant change the status quo.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2011
People like Gbawe will try to make you believe that the SW rejected OBJ but the results of the elections say otherwise as it was a very close battle in Ogun and Oyo. In fact, the divisions in PDP gave ACN those states not necessarily the ACN's popularity. That does not count as a "total rejection" like Gbawe and the likes keep spewing. They still have to keep watching their backs. lol
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by karpenter: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2011
I'm not a fan of Akala because he's also not known for decorum, discipline or performance but he has raised valid points here.

This is the time for the Oyo state government to face the emergency at home and work round the clock to ensure that the long-suffering people of the state at least benefit from good governance.

Ajimobi should realize that although he may have successfully pushed the blame on the flood to Akala, the quality of response to it and the prevention of a recurrence lie squarely on him. To do this, he needs all the time in the world to strategize and work for his people. What he went to do in Abuja was neither critical nor urgent.

What if Ajimobi stayed back and didn't go to Abuja? "Emergency at home" will be resolved? Fashola didn't go to Abuja, right!!! and all Lagos problems are solved? This nairaland people sef.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Gbawe: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2011
Pukkah:

It may not appear critical or urgent to you but others would disagree because they understand that , right now, development must come with effective politics enabling it. There is a reason why the likes of Gani, Wole Soyinka et al never became effective politicians. It is simply that the environment is not ready for those sort of people and would consume them easily. There is still a very important and badly required need for 'roforofo' politics before the beautiful ones are born. It would be catastrophic for Nigeria if there is no consolidation on what has been gained already i.e the weakening of the PDP's monopoly at State and legislative level.

It may interest you to know that at a recent PDP summit , SW Politicians compelled GEJ to deal with Tinubu because he is the "greatest headache of the PDP in the region" . Let us open our eyes !!! Awo was not perfect yet no one doubts that he would have led Nigeria better than Shagari. OBJ was there to ensure Awolowo did not become President. Instead uber egotist, OBJ, preferred to hand over to a man he knows is incompetent. We should learn from history. You write like a gracious chap but you should look at the other side of the coin in understanding that many Yorubas , not even in the ACN, know what this is about and where it is going . We have seen it before !! We saw our region overtaken by OBJ's thugs !!!! It therefore does no good for the region to naively look on while the PDP engineers it way back into the region with tyranny . Ajimobi knows the score. Besides, does he not have an able deputy?
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2011
karpenter:

What if Ajimobi stayed back and didn't go to Abuja? "Emergency at home" will be resolved? Fashola didn't go to Abuja, right!!! and all Lagos problems are solved? This nairaland people sef.  

What did his trip to Abuja achieve? Mind you, there's no one that can solve all problems but the timing of that trip, considering the fact that over two hundred people died in Ibadan and many are still missing, is wrong.

Do you know the magnitude of what hit Ibadan and the work on that man's plate? Do you know that there's yet no evidence of a new government in Ibadan? If there is, educate me. And if you want me to tell you the 'quick wins' he could have done, challenge me.

Is this a case of 'nairaland people sef' or that of demanding performance, physical and psychological, from your leaders?
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2011
Gbawe. You are really a very very funny chap! You make a lot of funny assumptions and postulations.

the weakening of the PDP's monopoly at State and legislative level.

The PDP governors are presently doing far far better than the ACN governors, except of course, on the pages of the Nation newspapers and TV continental. lol

Instead uber egotist, OBJ, preferred to hand over to a man he knows is incompetent.

First, you hand over to the winner not the one you like or "think" is more competent. so much for an educated Nigerian. Pathetic! This is coming even on the fact that I dont even like Shagari

Secondly, You dont win by being loved by the south west but by Nigeria. oops!

Thirdly, the guy who betrayed Awolowo was Abiola not OBJ. The same ABiola you now celebrate. Ironic.

We have seen it before !! We saw our region overtaken by OBJ's thugs !!!!

The last time I looked, Tinubu looked more like a thug than OBJ. Pot calling kettle black I guess. Is it the same Owanbe Tinubu you are talking about or another one? Mshewwwwwww!!!!!!!! Ok. Sorry! I remember. He is a better Thug abi? Nonsense and Ingredence!!!
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2011
Gbawe:

It may not appear critical or urgent to you but others would disagree because they understand that , right now, development must come with effective politics enabling it. There is a reason why the likes of Gani, Wole Soyinka et al never became effective politicians. It is simply that the environment is not ready for those sort of people and would consume them easily. There is still a very important and badly required need for 'roforofo' politics before the beautiful ones are born. It would be catastrophic for Nigeria if there is no consolidation on what has been gained already i.e the weakening of the PDP's monopoly at State and legislative level.

It may interest you to know that at a recent PDP summit , SW Politicians compelled GEJ to deal with Tinubu because he is the "greatest headache of the PDP in the region" . Let us open our eyes !!! Awo was not perfect yet no one doubts that he would have led Nigeria better than Shagari. OBJ was there to ensure Awolowo did not become President. Instead uber egotist, OBJ, preferred to hand over to a man he knows is incompetent. We should learn from history. You write like a gracious chap but you should look at the other side of the coin in understanding that many Yorubas , not even in the ACN, know what this is about and where it is going . We have seen it before !! We saw our region overtaken by OBJ's thugs !!!! It therefore does no good for the region to naively look on while the PDP engineers it way back into the region with tyranny . Ajimobi knows the score. Besides, does he not have an able deputy?

Of course I'm not saying that the current travail of Bola Tinubu is totally devoid of bad politics but the opposition should also not open their flanks further and make themselves vulnerable to the missiles of the enemy. 

The trial, coming 5 years late against a key opposition figure while other sizzling hot cases are being ignored, lends itself to the colouration of victimization.  He still has to defend himself though. Notwithstanding, the best way to fight PDP is by being what it's not: deliver excellent performance in ACN states. Simple.  On this, I will not spare them (ACN).
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by karpenter: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2011
What did his trip to Abuja achieve? Mind you, there's no one that can solve all problems but the timing of that trip, considering the fact that over two hundred people died in Ibadan and many are still missing, is wrong.

Do you know the magnitude of what hit Ibadan and the work on that man's plate? Do you know that there's yet no evidence of a new government in Ibadan? If there is, educate me. And if you want me to tell you the 'quick wins' he could have done, challenge me.

Is this a case of 'nairaland people sef' or that of demanding performance, physical and psychological, from your leaders?

I don't truly know a great deal on events in Ibadan. I don't reside there. As you pointed out, it appears Ajimobi is underperforming? But my argument is that even if he rather stayed back than showed solidarity in Abuja, the underperformance won't change. One or two days visit to Abuja is of no consequence to Oyo administration. I understand there is even a deputy governor?
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Gbawe: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2011
Pukkah:

Of course I'm not saying that the current travail of Bola Tinubu is totally devoid of bad politics but the opposition should also not open their flanks further and make themselves vulnerable to the missiles of the enemy. 

The trial, coming 5 years late against a key opposition figure while other sizzling hot cases are being ignored, lends itself to the colouration of victimization.  He still has to defend himself though. Notwithstanding, the best way to fight PDP is by being what it's not: deliver excellent performance in ACN states. Simple.  On this, I will not spare them (ACN).

If you note this then you will understand why others want to ensure Tinubu does not 'walk alone'. Ajimobi has a deputy who should be able to stand in for him effectively for short periods away. The man was still in Nigeria and not incommunicado so I really don't see what the problem is. Many , not even ACN members, showed up to support Tinubu because they feel he is being politically persecuted. You would also support your friend/mentor if similarly placed . We all would. There is no issue of wrong timing here because Ajimobi was still in Nigerian and he was not absent from Oyo for a period his deputy would be uncomfortable with. Let us be reasonable.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2011
Gbawe:

If you note this then you will understand why others want to ensure Tinubu does not 'walk alone'. Ajimobi has a deputy who should be able to stand in for him effectively for short periods away. The man was still in Nigeria and not incommunicado so I really don't see what the problem is. Many , not even ACN members, showed up to support Tinubu because they feel he is being politically persecuted. You would also support your friend/mentor if similarly placed . We all would. There is no issue of wrong timing here because Ajimobi was still in Nigerian and he was not absent from Oyo for a period his deputy would be uncomfortable with. Let us be reasonable.

@Gbawe, may be I'm in a bit of hurry for people to start enjoying a new lease of life in Oyo and other states. But if you look at the rot on the ground, you'd agree that this hurry is not misplaced. While it's not illegal to show solidarity for Tinubu, opposition members must realize that the pressure on them is more and strive to deliver and work as if there's no tomorrow. This is the enduring way to tackle PDP.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by seanet02: 11:20am On Sep 23, 2011
edicolove:

The PDP governors are presently doing far far better than the ACN governors, except of course, on the pages of the Nation newspapers and TV continental. lol

First, y
No wonder Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, A PDP President told his ministers to learn from Fashola School of Governance. You are really funny with your childish reasonings.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Basics007: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2011
Somebody said the PDP governors are performin more than the ACNs? Nothin wey we no go hear on nairaland!! @Edicolove Bros abeg how many PDP states or ACN states have you been to since election before you made this sweeping conclusion.
There's nothin wrong in showin solidarity with your benefactor. Each time OBJ lands at MMIA that fool who "chopped" Police equipment fund money is always there to welcome him. Is not as if Ajumobi went to rent a permanent suite at abuja sheraton with the sole purpose of carryin placard for Tinubu's freedom.
But to say the truth it doesnt seem right for the governor to be representing Tinubu at an occasion in oshogbo. Haba!
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by shadrach77: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2011
for the first time - akala is talking sense grin grin grin
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by xtayle(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2011
Na waaaa oh!!! Nigerians are very serious and passionate people. See the passion with which everyone is responding. Some people can even use mouse and keyboard to slap others who wrote what they dont like. No wonder our reps and senator throw chairs and beat themselves up in the various assemblies.

My opinions:

1. There is no big deal in governors going to show solidarity while their mentor or political associate is going thru what is perceived a witch-hunt.

2. Day in day out, Nigerians are being accused of being disloyal. This people are just being loyal irrespective of the kind of allegation levelled against their associate. Bode George was returning from prison and there was dancing and customised Aso Ebi for the occassion and no one tear-gassed the gathering.

3. If its a persecution, there is actually the need to rally round when something can still be done to save the day. The reasoning is simple, like play, like play, Awolowo entre jail. Anyone that constitute vibrant opposition is a target and thats what Tinubu has become.

4. I think Tinubu, no matter how dirty people found him, is a south-west hero. PDP used Tsunami mechanisn to "capture" the south west from the group that normally rule over them and this Man from nowhere took it upon himself to fight the battle. Bit by bit, it is assumed that he mentored members of his party to take it back. He also stood up against the "OBJs of the world" and survived without access to statutory allocation.

5. Our politics is dirty and there is no way the "Tinubus of this world" can play it without being dirty himself. Even American Politics is not all clean. The celebrated 9/11 disaster is seriously argued to have being ochestrated by the ruling class as at then, to bring about the reason for war that can bring some pecuniary gains to them.

6. Even if we kill ourselves, these people will survive. As we are typing, they are negotiating for their pocket. They will be asking Tinubu now to drop whatever they want him to drop and get an Oil block then go home and enjoy his life in peace. He too will be saying it will be too obvious that I sold out. He will be asking for some softlanding for 2 possibilities: 1. to play games against them or 2. To sell out. He might also fight all the way so that he can be a true hero.

7. Lets make decent coments and know that this noble forum can do very little to change things as it were. Our contribution in little responsibilities that we are given from time to time is what can change things. Some of us are condemning people here and the small office where we work or that panel, committee, Landlord association, etc,  where we are being entrusted with resources for development, what are we doing there? Does OBJ or Tinubu or GEJ ask us to do what we are doing?

8. Nigeria is in the hand of God.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by fyneguy: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2011
Basics007:

Somebody said the PDP governors are performin more than the ACNs? Nothin wey we no go hear on nairaland!! @Edicolove Bros abeg how many PDP states or ACN states have you been to since election before you made this sweeping conclusion.
There's nothin wrong in showin solidarity with your benefactor. Each time OBJ lands at MMIA that fool who "chopped" Police equipment fund money is always there to welcome him. Is not as if Ajumobi went to rent a permanent suite at abuja sheraton with the sole purpose of carryin placard for Tinubu's freedom.
But to say the truth it doesnt seem right for the governor to be representing Tinubu at an occasion in oshogbo. Haba!

There's nothing wrong in Ajimobi representing Tinubu, if it's a party/political function. Tinubu is the national leader of ACN. You probably don't know what it means to be a national leader of a Party. It's even better if you criticized that model of party administration than rubbish the representation.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2011
Basics007:

I didnt put water in my mouth when I said it. PDP governors are currently doing better than ACN governors. Fashola is overrated. It doesnt matter what the media try to sell. I live in Lagos and I can see it clearly. Apart from BRT and Gardens, tell me what Fashola has done in Housing, Water, Roads, Education, etc. Noring much. Except of course, you read the nation newspapers or you watch LTV and TVC. Amaechi and Akpabio are far ahead of Fashola. Al Fashola has been doing for 4 years is inspecting this and that and publishing those inspection as work done and some of you run here and quickly applaud. I dey laugh o. But the press resides in the south west and they use it to their advantage. Fair enough. The west has always run on propaganda. Fact.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2011
fyneguy:

There's nothing wrong in Ajimobi representing Tinubu, if it's a party/political function. Tinubu is the national leader of ACN. You probably don't know what it means to be a national leader of a Party. It's even better if you criticized that model of party administration than rubbish the representation.

Have you ever seen anywhere in the world where a party leader sends a serving governor on an errand? It is a total humiliation of the office of the governor and the total humiliation of the people of Oyo state. Very shameful.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2011
edicolove:

Al Fashola has been doing for 4 years is inspecting this and that and publishing those inspection as work done and some of you run here and quickly applaud. I dey laugh o. But the press resides in the south west and they use it to their advantage. Fair enough. The west has always run on propaganda. Fact.

This is an unfair assessment of Fasola.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by edicolove: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^ So what has Fashola done? Assume I am wrong and tell me.

Has he done any housing scheme you know of?
Has he improved on water supply in Lagos?
How many good roads has he done? all the road I see everyday is shite! And please dont count drawing lines on the road and road construction.
Has he cleared the Lagos water ways?
Has he dome proper drainage systems in Lagos?
Has he improved Lagos schools? Please dont go and paste the political campaign pictures where he donated some computers as improvement. I see the public schools everyday. They are shite!
Has he improved security in Lagos?

I will tell you objectively what I know he has done.

1. BRT
2. Lagos Beautification (i.e. flowers, fountains)
3. Lagos is neater. (i.e. Oshidi, Obalende and We now have fine busstops and overhead bridges)
4. The hospitals are better.

Aside from that, he is overrated.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Basics007: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2011
@Edicolove. So in essence you mentioned 2 PDP states and 1 ACN(out of 6) state and that's enough to conclude the former are better. Well done sir!
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by karpenter: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2011

How many good roads has he done? all the road I see everyday is shite! And please dont count drawing lines on the road and road construction.
Has he improved Lagos schools? Please dont go and paste the political campaign pictures where he donated some computers as improvement. I see the public schools everyday. They are shite!

1. BRT
3. Lagos is neater. (i.e. Oshidi, Obalende and We now have fine busstops and overhead bridges)

Thank God somebody is saying what I have observed for long time. I go to Lagos occasionally, believe me, I don't seem to see or observe the so called wonderful Fashola's achievements. But the euphoria was so much that I just kept quiet.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by mallorca(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
Akala is on point on this one
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Gbawe: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2011
Pukkah:

This is an unfair assessment of Fasola.

Do you now see my line of thinking? It is obvious , with what they say, that some are driven by ethnic bigotry and partisan sentiments . "The West has always run on propaganda"   There is no reasoning with those sort of people. You simply choose your side of the fence , defend your corner and show loyalty to what you believe in. You can understand Ajimobi actions a bit more.

They claim they are from Lagos yet see nothing Fashola has done. That has to be the biggest lie anyone can tell with a straight face. Well , I am from Lagos too and , unlike most, I put my mouth where my money is. Soon, I will bring picture evidence to this forum of what Fashola has done and let Nairalanders judge for themselves.

How can any fair person talk about Fashola's achievement while conveniently failing to mention that Lagos is relatively safer because of him? Real Lagosians know what obtained in the past.

They talk about drainage. Can someone indulge me by visiting Bode Thomas right now (will supply pics later) to see the huge drainage channels currently under construction? Many of such are planned and will be constructed in the next few months .

Even right now, there is work everywhere. Julius Berger actually has a site office on Bode Thomas because of the massive construction and drainage work being done in that segment of Surulere. The main road through Shitta, past the post office and old Cinema, is being totally renewed and dualised . It is the Same over many areas of Lagos. Anyway, pictures will come soon and some can judge for themselves whether it is not a case of bigotry making some resent Fashola to the point they cannot even minimally give credit where due. Fashola is not God , and there is still much to be done, but the man has done well. Maybe Nigerian Governors were also swayed by 'propaganda' when they regularly praise their Lagos counterpart gushingly.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
edicolove:

1. BRT

What of Otedola Housing Estate in Epe and other LSDPC projects? I also gathered that he commissioned a 10th mini water plant at Ojokoro.  There was also the well-publicised power plant at Akute to boost water production at Iju and Adiyan water works.  I think that was last year.

Yes, so many of the internal roads in Lagos are bad but Fashola has overhauled some roads in Ebute Metta and Surulere axis.  If this is not true please let  me know. Admittedly, he needs to do more in the area of roads and I'm in support of putting him under pressure for this.

Except you were not in Lagos when Fashola came in, it is not true to say that security did not improve.  He raised the Security Trust Fund and many banks and other companies donated cash and Hilux vans and you could see the vans at strategic places. All these and one or two other helicopters were turned over to the Police. Short of forming a state police force, which is a controversial matter, what else could he have done?

I did not say that there is no room for improvement for Fashola but to reduce what the guy has done to 'Al Fashola has been doing for 4 years is inspecting this and that and publishing those inspection as work done and some of you run here and quickly applaud' is an exaggeration.

For your peer review of Fashola vs Amaechi and Akpabio to be conclusive, you should also attempt to match the expenditures and revenues of the three states.
Re: Akala Condemns Ajimobi Over Affairs With Tinubu by Pukkah: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
edicolove:

The following is for you to answer:

Basics007:

@Edicolove. So in essence you mentioned 2 PDP states and 1 ACN(out of 6) state and that's enough to conclude the former are better. Well done sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Africans Will Never Develop / Yellow Fever: Obaseki Gets Vaccinated, Leads Campaign Against Disease In Edo / IPoB: Igbos come here and discuss Biafra agitation as led by Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.