Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book (332 Views)

Complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade Tunolase..the Founder: C&S / Why Former Atheist C.S. Lewis Became A Christian / Pastor Quits Being A Christian After Not Witnessing Anything Supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPehRaoYZM

Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book
written by Le-Jovale Vallejo April 20, 2023

Nathan was an atheist who became a Christian after reading one of C.S. Lewis’ books. It led him to know Jesus.

Nathan Penny

Even though Nathan remembered going to the church when he was a kid, he didn’t personally know God.

"I had a sense that there was a God, but I didn't know what that meant," he said.

He initially thought that God would do anything for him because he believed that with God, all things are possible. That's why he couldn't understand why God allowed Nathan to go through a heart-wrenching breakup.

"She broke up with me, and I was absolutely devastated… That was the worst pain I’d ever experienced at that time. I then decided that I was an atheist. Because if there was a God, how could He have possibly allowed this to happen in my life?" Nathan said.

Atheist Became a Christian

Nathan started doing drugs and partying as a teenager, which he continued into college. It became the centre of his life.

"But there was no absolute joy, no peace. There was just increasing misery," he described that experience.

"I remember being in my apartment, laying down like just on the floor in such a depressed state, and just having nothing to live for. I remember lying there in absolute despair with no answers. And nothing. But it was then that everything started to change," he said.

Nathan became a Christian when he met Jesus in a very unique and unexpected way.

Atheist Becomes a Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis' Book

It all began with a connection with a co-worker he started dating while working as a bartender. Her father was a minister, but she preferred to date people who were very different from her father. They later got married after having a child together. They occasionally went to see her parents and went to a church where his father-in-law was the pastor.

He received C.S. Lewis’s book Mere Christianity during one of those visits. The book sat for many months by his bedside. Then one evening he began reading the book when he was unable to sleep. He was shocked to discover that Jesus was genuine as he read the book. It opened his eyes to believe that Jesus was Lord. The scales had been lifted from his eyes!

"I became absolutely convinced in that moment that Jesus Christ is exactly who He says He is. And at that moment, all I knew was that I knew nothing. I know that Jesus is Lord; I know that I’m a sinner; and other than that, I don’t know anything. I got out of my bed at about 3:30 in the morning, went into my bathroom, fell down on the floor, and gave my life to Jesus Christ. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins. And my wife woke up the next morning to an entirely different person," he concluded.

God's Love

God's love knows no bounds, and one proof is how an atheist became a Christian just by reading a book.

If you feel like you’ve walked away from the Lord, always remember that He never left your side.

Header image: Nathan Penny [100huntley]. YouTube, 15 July 2022,

Source
Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by doggedfighter(f): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hahahahahaha

shocked

1 Like

Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by Maynman: 12:52am On Apr 24, 2023
“He received C.S. Lewis’s book Mere Christianity during one of those visits. The book sat for many months by his bedside. Then one evening he began reading the book when he was unable to sleep. He was shocked to discover that Jesus was genuine as he read the book. It opened his eyes to believe that Jesus was Lord. The scales had been lifted from his eyes!”

Hope he is able to sleep now

1 Like

Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:32am On Apr 24, 2023
doggedfighter:
Hahahahahaha

shocked
What's funny?
Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

What's funny?

I wonder oh! undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by Maynman: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Source
Atheists converting to Theists is not uncommon, what’s special?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Becomes A Christian After Reading A C.S. Lewis Book by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
God's Word gives perspective and real hope!

by Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator

(1) (Reply)

Why I Converted / Mention A State In Nigeria And The Most Dominant Religion And Denomination / The Anti Christ And Jezebel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.