Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke (672 Views)

Pastor Adeboye's Son, Dare Is Dead / Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son / Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye, Pastor Adeboye's Son (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nigerian Tweeps Knock Redeemed Church Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke Over 'I Made My First Million Selling Wristbands' Comment

In a recent interview with "School of Wealth," Leke reportedly said that he made his first million by selling rubber wristbands.

Some Nigerians on Twitter have dismissed a story narrated by Leke Adebayo, son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Enoch Adejare Adeboye, of how he made his first million by selling wristbands.

In a recent interview with "School of Wealth," Leke reportedly said that he made his first million by selling rubber wristbands.

He said that selling promotional gift items like rubber wristbands to a big Christian event with a small profit of N50 or N100 get to add up.

Leke said, "Promotional gift items for those that are doing branding wristbands are just rubber. But if I sell enough of those rubbers with a very tiny margin profit of ₦50 or ₦100 at a big Christian event, it adds up."

But while some people saw Leke's story as motivation, others said that he merely took advantage of "gullible" members of his father's church.

A Twitter user, @manuelvwede said, "I believe it’s those rccg wristbands. This is how this people cash out from their gullible members."

Also, @DuruchibuzorE said, "10 million RCCG members multiplied by 200 naira wrist band. He can easily make his first million. That's not a grass to grace story. It's you taking advantage of naive worshippers."

@AteOghenetega said that "Church na business!!! Big time business!!! If I wasn't born in church I would have argued!!! And na them dem do b@d b@d things pass!!"

Lola Okunrin (@lollypeezle) tweeted, "He is the son of Adeboye. RCCG members are more than 10million. A wristband is about 200 Naira.

"If he sells at one Holy Ghost Convention, he will make millions. Baba, that's not a Grass to Grace story."

Jamila Motunrola (@mobytoolz) said, "RCCG wristbands with your Daddy’s picture and convention theme. People were so gullible.

"They really thought those wristbands will protect them from harm. You will see one person wearing 7.

"They really sold out."

Dr Penking (@drpenking) said, "Leke Adeboye,the son of Enoch Adeboye said he made his first million selling rubber wristband. As at 2021, RCCG had 9,938,617 members. Even if 100 000 members bought his wristband for 100 Naira each, that’s 1 million Naira. Dear Leke, this is not a grass-to-Grace story. Next."

Similarly, Boluwatife Aluko (@GENERAL_ALUKO) said, "If you attend RCCG you know how much they sell those wristband. So he made millions from the poor masses that are seeking spiritual guidance. Under the pretense of Religion they make you buy these bands and he makes million. Classic Hypocrisy."

Some people, however, defended Leke, saying it was an achievement regardless.

AbroadStudy___ (@Study1Australia) tweeted, "Me that I will buy like one pack of wristband from RCCG camp and give people back home, no care who I bought it from so far it's RCCG , there are so many people selling different types, you people like to down play peoples achievements when it’s does not suit your narrative."

Ade C. Shege (@Ballchanic) who also defended Leke, said, "RCCG slander dey give all of you orgasms. I don't know how making millions from wristbands is now a problem."

Source

Is this a good motivational talk or just plain exploitation?

1 Like

Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by PoliteActivist: 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
You see??!!
And you folks were thinking nonsense
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by kenny714433(m): 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
But those guys were always at the forefront, criticising the Catholics of using rosary and crucifix.

Now they're wearing wristband and using Daddy GO's posters for protection.

Hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by abhosts(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
Lol. Children of highly successful parents are laughed at when they try to prove that they are self-made. Would his wristband venture be a success without his famous surname?

3 Likes

Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by ikdaddy01(m): 12:10am On Apr 24, 2023
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by Deasegun19(m): 12:21am On Apr 24, 2023
which business can I start before the fuel subsidy removal? I am experiencing sapa, I don't want sapa 2.0 to visit me then
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by RamseyKush: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2023
kenny714433:
But those guys were always at the forefront, criticising the Catholics of using rosary and crucifix.

Hypocrites

For protection??
You must be joking..

Redeemers no dey here?
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by RamseyKush: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2023
We dey rush those wrist bands those times con carry am go house go brag say we go camp😂😂😂
We fit wear am for 3 months

Redemption camp was fun then sha
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You see??!!
And you folks were thinking nonsense

What nonsense were we thinking about? undecided
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by PoliteActivist: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

What nonsense were we thinking about? undecided

That he was helped by his father or name in some way.
Pure nonsense
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That he was helped by his father or name in some way.
Pure nonsense

Would you say it is a grass to grace story? undecided
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by PoliteActivist: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Would you say it is a grass to grace story? undecided

He was going around selling armbands like any average person, and just like that, he made his first million!
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2023
kenny714433:

Hypocrites

Who told you that they were using it for protection?
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by Natajo2021: 6:17am On Apr 26, 2023
People perish due to lack of knowledge.
Christians are exploited Worldwide.
Wrist band
Annoiting oil
Mantle (handkerchief)
Religious paraphernalia
The irony of it was that Leke Adeboye did not pay the sellers of such Armbands.
Church ulcers are used
100% taxless
Members are indirectly coerced to buy such items.
Religious is all about fear and guilt.
Our God is loving and kind.
Nigeria men of God and GOs are wicked and heartless 💔.
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
PoliteActivist:

He was going around selling armbands like any average person, and just like that, he made his first million!

If you believe that come there's a bridge I have to sell to you, very cheap too.
Re: 'I Made My 1st Million Selling Wristbands' - Pastor Adeboye's Son, Leke by PoliteActivist: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
Oh come now, why you always skeptical? You never heard of people becoming rich going about selling armbands??

(1) (Reply)

They Are Planning To Bbcerize Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / What Are Your Personal Beliefs In Prayer? / The SHACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.