Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It (3691 Views)

Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / Senate Mulls Naira Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Over COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Fearjah: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2023
We should not always be complaining but we can come up with ideas on how to take advantage of subsidy removal and become rich or richer.

Let's brainstorm on how to get through this rich or richer.

Let's turn a stumbling block to a stepping stone!

Please, no complaints here (I'll create another thread for complaints) just think of ideas of what to store or buy or do now to be able to make money when they finally remove subsidy.

Many Wise people are bringing in great ideas. Kudos!

Ogbono storage may also be a good idea

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Ebubu2: 7:43am On Apr 24, 2023
na to buy fuel and stock up in GP tanks

resell when subsidy is removed, or use it jejely till december

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by nairalanda1(m): 7:54am On Apr 24, 2023
Hmm, this guy wants to create a massive fire risk for his street.

OP, go and open a filling station first. Storing fuel otherwise is an invitation to Hephaestus to do his worst.

18 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Fearjah: 7:57am On Apr 24, 2023
Ebubu2:
na to buy fuel and stock up in GP tanks

resell when subsidy is removed, or use it jejely till december

Please, come up with a better idea, as this one is full of risk to life and property

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Ransomtheking(m): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2023
How about buying and storing of palm oil

13 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Obaaderemi2: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2023
Start a taxi business.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by PapaGfad: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2023
To effectively answer this, we need to first streamline the main areas that will be affected. And without doubt, TRANSPORTATION will be the first sector to take the hit, thereafter a chain reaction across all sector including the oppurtunistic nature of Nigerians.

One major venture that I believe will help anyone become rich as a result of d fuel subsidy removal, is urban farming. Or maybe I should say backyard farming in the cities. However, this must be well managed.

Transporting food from the rural areas will certainly influence d cost of buying them but with systemised backyard farmers in the cities who may not need to transport their produce before sales, the oppurtunity seems huge.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by refugee: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2023
Subsidy removal will certainly have a multiplier effect on every area of the economy but majorly transport.

1. Sort electric cars in sales and transport business
2. Go into farming and employ group or communal method of transportation into urban areas
3. Solar power to the rescue.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by blackpanda: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2023
PapaGfad:
To effectively answer this, we need to first streamline the main areas that will be affected. And without doubt, TRANSPORTATION will be the first sector to take the hit, thereafter a chain reaction across all sector including the oppurtunistic nature of Nigerians.

One major venture that I believe will help anyone become rich as a result of d fuel subsidy removal, is urban farming. Or maybe I should say backyard farming in the cities. However, this must be well managed.

Transporting food from the rural areas will certainly influence d cost of buying them but with systemised backyard farmers in the cities who may not need to transport their produce before sales, the oppurtunity seems huge.

Except that u won’t be able to sell in the market. They have union that won’t let u sell below price

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by sonature1: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2023
nairalanda1:
Hmm, this guy wants to create a massive fire risk for his street.

OP, go and open a filling station first. Storing fuel otherwise is an invitation to Hephaestus to do his worst.

Petrol can be stored in an underground tank for a long time. That's how they lay filling station tanks.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by nairalanda1(m): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2023
sonature1:

Petrol can be stored in an underground tank for a long time. That's how they lay filling station tanks.

Good, so get one, and then get it approved by NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by sonature1: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

Good, so get one, and then get it approved by NNPC.

You don't need NNPC approval. If they are still working, DPR has to approve it.

However, I don't think you need any approval for it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by nairalanda1(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2023
sonature1:

You don't need NNPC approval. If they are still working, DPR has to approve it.

However, I don't think you need any approval for it.

So go ahead, and do it.Get it approved by the right authorites.

Anything else is just tempting the fire.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Fearjah: 9:06am On Apr 24, 2023
Ransomtheking:
How about buying and storing of palm oil

Are you into palm oil business? Someone told me that It's too late to Store palm oil now?

Please what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2023
Fearjah:
We should not always be complaining but we can come up with ideas on how to take advantage of subsidy removal and become rich or richer.

Let's brainstorm on how to get through this rich or richer.

Let's turn a stumbling block to a stepping stone!

Please, no complaints here (I'll create another thread for complaints) just think of ideas of what to store or buy or do now to be able to make money when they finally remove subsidy
...in a sane society, the citizens would be interested in those things that have been put in place by the government before the removal of subsidy and not to take advantage of the situation to enrich yourself...we should be concerned about that man that earns below 100,000 naira and who may possibly be sacked after the removal of subsidy...the removal of subsidy will lead to retrenchment of workers in the private sector... which is joblessness ...and they can't venture into business because of the lack of capital and high cost of entry...many won't be able to afford university education... because take home salary won't be able to take them home...many won't be able to afford medical services because their disposable income has reduced...the problems are too numerous to mention...

An increase in the cost of petroleum motor spirit (PMS), diesel, and kerosene is set to bring about inflation and ultimately spiral into every sector of the economy.

Your analysis and projection is simple that of an average bush market trader...when the reality hits hard, you will appreciate acquiring a formal education.

I am not against the removal of subsidy...but it is simple wickedness and heartlessness to remove subsidy without putting the right things in place.

The naira redesign was a good policy, but failed woefully because of lack of proper planning. The government is increasing the salaries of civil servants, does that mean those in the private sector will continue to buy fuel at 210 ?

The private sector is the largest employer of labour...don't joke with them ... Subsidy will be removed, but after two or three weeks, it will be reversed.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by CodeTemplar: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2023
Build a charcoal based Carnot engine and start transportation business with it or start refining crude in small scale in your back yard.

As for me, I will simply build petrol vapour condenser and deploy near filling stations and mechanic workshops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by CodeTemplar: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2023
FromTopToBottom:

Lastly, I am not against the removal of subsidy...but it is simple wickedness and heartlessness to remove subsidy without putting the right things in place.

The naira redesign was a good policy, but failed woefully because of lack of proper planning. The government is increasing the salaries of civil servants, does that mean that those in the private sector will continue to buy fuel at 210 ?

The private sector is the largest employer of labour...don't joke with them ... Subsidy will be removed, but after two or three weeks, it will be reversed. Save this comment

Two gigantic paragraphs after saying "lastly". Naija state of mind, too many things for the mind. Wahala be like serial TV show for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by MXrep: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2023
They will be shouting Jagaban while we make money
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by CodeTemplar: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2023
refugee:
Subsidy removal will certainly have a multiplier effect on every area of the economy but majorly transport.

1. Sort electric cars in sales and transport business
2. Go into farming and employ group or communal method of transportation into urban areas
3. Solar power to the rescue.
Solar, one panel of 200w is about 80k. Who will buy that when you need about 10 to start?
Farming is cow food now. Cows are more important than taxpayers.
Electric cars are luxury right now to be honest.

The removal ought to have been planned well and area directly affected by petrol prices like power, transport, and small business should have been given serious attention long before now. Typical of us, nothing has been prepared but they are planning to borrow and share (with stealing in between)

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2023
Let me sit down here and learn, on the other hand na me be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Mystic216: 9:59am On Apr 24, 2023
Best and easy way to make money with the subsidy is to buy gallons of palm oil and store for long time and swim in millions

Please like my comment so I can come back to this topic

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Whoknow: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2023
Mystic216:
Best and easy way to make money with the subsidy is to buy gallons of palm oil and store for long time and swim in millions

Please like my comment so I can come back to this topic
Please how can palm oil be a subsidiary to fuel, and how can one make money from it?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Mystic216: 10:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Whoknow:

Please how can palm oil be a subsidiary to fuel, and how can one make money from it?
I’m very busy now
I will explain it to you once I’m less busy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Two gigantic paragraphs after saying "lastly". Naija state of mind, too many things for the mind. Wahala be like serial TV show for Nigeria.

You should be more interested in the message

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Fearjah: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2023
What of buying plots of land? Will it quickly appreciate after subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2023
Fearjah:

The removal of subsidy will mean a higher running cost on all household in the country...which will lead to a drastic reduction of disposable income...when there is NO money, the price of land will fall...
Some land owners will sell at give away prices just to feed and meet some pressing expenses...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by Ransomtheking(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2023
Fearjah:

Are you into palm oil business? Someone told me that It's too late to Store palm oil now?

Please what do you think?
It's not ooo.
We are not even into rainy season yet.
The person who told you that is he into oil business.
Just assume you bought oil now then store it let say subsidy was later removed.
Do you know what u'll get from that oil

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by 9jahotblog: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fearjah:
nope

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by neutralmind: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Solar, one panel of 200w is about 80k. Who will buy that when you need about 10 to start?
Farming is cow food now. Cows are more important than taxpayers.
Electric cars are luxury right now to be honest.

The removal ought to have been planned well and area directly affected by petrol prices like power, transport, and small business should have been given serious attention long before now. Typical of us, nothing has been prepared but they are planning to borrow (steal in between) and share.

Who told you about 10pcs of 200 watts solar panels.

Solar is just like a generator. You buy what you need based on your electricity consumption.

Like it or not solar is still an alternative and a potential money spinner

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by LordFriar: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2023
I'm thinking about dabbling into synthetic petrol proudction.. the business plan is ready.. the tech is assured.

However to create a MVP, I need some little investment. Get in touch if you think you'll like to get into this.

I'll completely explain my process to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
Say goodbye to Power cuts by taking the first step towards a sustainable lifestyle

whilst saying Hello to an uninterrupted energy supply for your essential devices at home or in your office.

You will also save money and reduce your carbon footprint.

Contact us today!

Call Bright Energy

08100089358, 07068460093.

Whatsapp:07032352337

www.brightsenergy.com

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: How To Become Rich From It by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
Get Solar, Pay later!
Spread your payment over a period of 3-12 Months with our financing option!

Contact us today!

Call Bright Energy

08100089358, 070684460093.

Whatsapp:07032352337

Bright Energy will recommend best Bright solar package suit your energy demand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Government Announces New Set Of Appointments (full List) / Is Democracy Universally Beneficial? / President Goodluck Jonathan's New Official Portrait (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.