Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,619 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

MTN Data No Longer Lasts - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Data No Longer Lasts (1907 Views)

Which Network Data Plan Lasts Longer? / Which Data Plan Lasts Longer? / Glo - "No Credit, No Data, No Browsing At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by cuteboy2: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
After the tenure of Ernest Ndukwe, NCC just died. Subsequent NCC EVCs just collect bribes from telecom companies and don't care about regulations and QoS.

selfemployed:

I thought I'm the only one experiencing this.

Chai!

Nigerians have suffered.

Everybody just takes advantage of us and nothing happens.

Nobody to check.

Nobody to regulate

1 Like

Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by cuteboy2: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
Is Spectranet better? What's your experience with them? I'm thinking of porting to Swift

hardywaltz:
Haba I just got myself a spectranet router...
MTN (Mobile Thieves of Niaja) are nothing but thieves
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by cuteboy2: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
I don't use all those apps. I don't watch Netflix or stream anything, yet my Airtel data and MTN evaporates like methylated spirit in hot sun.

ikechukz:
I have MTN, Glo and Airtel and I do subscribe them regular for internet use. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I'm the chosen one because I'm yet to experience zapping on any of them.
Most people don't monitor their data usage, you watch YouTube on 720p for hours, TikTok, Instagram and others and yet you only want MTN to remove 20MB.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by cuteboy2: 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Onlinebar:
Don't waste your money on MTN 4G mifi.......It overheats when connected to a laptop, and you can't use it until it cools down after like 24hrs....... don't waste your money.......buy swift or spectranet or anything asides MTN

Are you Swift or Spectranet? Which of them is stable and doesn't zap data?
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by MasterJayJay: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
cuteboy2:
I don't use all those apps. I don't watch Netflix or stream anything, yet my Airtel data and MTN evaporates like methylated spirit in hot sun.

Restrict data for background apps.
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by edoairways: 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
ikechukz:
I have MTN, Glo and Airtel and I do subscribe them regular for internet use. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if I'm the chosen one because I'm yet to experience zapping on any of them.
Most people don't monitor their data usage, you watch YouTube on 720p for hours, TikTok, Instagram and others and yet you only want MTN to remove 20MB.
I personally deleted these apps yet their data zapping is something else
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by youngking89(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
How is spectranet data
hardywaltz:
Haba I just got myself a spectranet router...
MTN (Mobile Thieves of Niaja) are nothing but thieves
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by twosquare(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2023
selfemployed:
I'm suspecting fowl play.

Who else has noticed that MTN Data no longer lasts these days?
Not only you. That's what brought me to the phone section to find out why...

Dem wan gather enough money before Elon spoils their market.
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by Kolisky(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bahamas95:
If you're complaining about MTN what about Airtel?

Airtel is the worst amongst them, the only reason am still using it is because it's very fast but burns data. I don't have issues whenever am streaming live matches from start to finish unlike the mumu Glo network....... Instead of them to work on their poor network they prefer wasting money on mumu adverts with yeyebrities.

If dem dash me Glo sim with free data I nor go collect.

Aswears! grin grin

If Glo had put all these adverts money into good use by upgrading their network, I see no reason to have them lagging behind but hell no.
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by Benki003(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Here I am complaining of Airtel but mtn own na die ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

For me the best is glo in terms of data but in network na Airtel
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by hardywaltz(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
cuteboy2:
Is Spectranet better? What's your experience with them? I'm thinking of porting to Swift

Spectranet is far better than mtn but location dependent ...
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by saratackit: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
My 5G experience is premium tears 7gb in a day GOD WHICH WAY Glo too don dey do rubbish
Re: MTN Data No Longer Lasts by chineduace(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2023
Explanation...

It doesn't matter the network you are using, smart phones just get data smarter with data hungry apps.
People load pictures and Videos in HD
WhatsApp status
Instagram videos
Facebook status
Web pages loading videos in the background
YouTube playing a promo video before your content starts to play
Google ads on every site...

All these sums up to more data usage.
With 3G you can stop the video before it starts to play
With 4G, the video has already loaded and played half way before you can stop

so it gets worse...

With 5G... all contents are loaded before the site even opens

...the list goes on

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel Internet/Wap Settings: Get 'em Here- / I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.