Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club (22043 Views)

Dangote Set To Purchase French Ligue 2 Team, Valenciennes / Ramos Sent Off In Third PSG Appearance As French Club Struggles Continue / Former Super Eagles Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama Sacked By His French Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by dre11(m): 11:12am On Apr 25, 2023
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote is close to buying French Ligue 2 club, Valenciennes.

According to French media outlet, Entreprendre, the business mogul, who is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dangote Group is ready to acquire 60% ownership of the club.

The Dangote Group is the largest industrial conglomerate in Africa.

The Nigerian businessman was interested in buying Premier League club, Arsenal in the past but failed to achieve his objective.

Valenciennes was formed in 1913 and plays its home matches at the recently built Stade du Hainaut.

The club have played 40 seasons in Ligue 1 and 36 seasons in Ligue 2.

The Athenians have never won the Ligue 1 title but have claimed the Ligue 2 title on two occasions.

Valenciennes have also played in the French Cup final once.

They currently occupy 15th position on the Ligue 2 table.

DAILY POST

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by JasonScoolari: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2023
A good start to the gambling life Alhaji Dangote...

Congratulations.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Nickymezor(f): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Septagon: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2023
Nice work.

Hadley Chase available
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2023
cool What does he need a French club for. .Abi he wants to catch another bird. My hands no dey if two birds starts to fight.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Nbote(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2023
I thought his sole interest was in making sure he bought Arsenal FC

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by DMerciful(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hearing this club name for the first time grin
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by FalseProphet1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
sad
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by superCleanworks(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ligue 2. no problem. I wish him good fortune
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Danisaint112(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice. Nigerians politicians enriched the dude and gave him hype beyond his imagination. wink

14 Likes

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by SultanOfAbia: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
All these Farmer Clubs we dey cut tickets angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Orissodiq: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
I just love dis man's entrepreneur spirit

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by bigdammyj: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Noted.
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by eepeepook: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Too much money. Will this make Nigerians supporters of the club?
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Topmaike007(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by jubrilELsudan: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
D
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Flapp478(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Wow.. when you are big, you're big. He should also try to invest in people. I may be wrong though. Dear brothers and sisters on this space, I write to u cos my heart is so heavy and there's a need to speak to someone. I had no one to speak and share my plight with, reason I am here. Life is never a bed of roses. I'm unable to study due to the excruciating hunger. No parents to call, relatives can't help at the moment. I feel sorry for myself. I've become sick due to starvation. Pls people incline ur ears to my plight and help me. Pls

1 Like

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by kinghold(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Congrats Aliko!
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by overflow1: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
The Dangote I know will not buy this club, most especially at the moment.

He has a lot to do at the moment, his refinery is giving him a hard nut to crack, banks who provided the credit facility are also on his neck.

Take it or leave it, this information is probably from a clout chaser, Dangote is too smart to jeopardize his grand investment for this club

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Deicide: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Lizveth:
That's what we heard about Arsenal. It never happened.
Na small by small na

1 Like

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by onlyboyson(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Make him go sit down
The other day he is close to buy arsenal today he is close to buy valencies him refinery never dey work grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by enoch273: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice one, Felicitations are in order.

Meanwhile with oraimo freepod 4, you can now stay connected to your music without having to worry about battery life or a missing earbud ruining your listening experience.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by SwissMass: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
Yet he doesn't make noise like those from the poverty capital of the south

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by mytime24(f): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
Greedy man,

Students hang for Sudan, he no fit charter flight to go rescue them,

Dangonte u go pay taxes for France if u buy that club,

France to b Nigeria z00
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Houseofglam7(f): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
undecided
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Iseoluwani: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Omo baddest
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by MrHyde: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
When will the refinery be commissioned?
Re: Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club by Agegetiger: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshoala Shines As Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid To Champions League Semi-Final / Lucky Omeruo And Wife, Dorsy Chuks Welcome Their 2nd Child (Photos) / TECNO Renews Partnership With Manchester City Football Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.