Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull (1458 Views)

Election Tribunal: Why LP, PDP Shouldn’t Panic Over Inec’s Objections – Effiong / Tribunal: Why Atiku’s Application For Live Coverage Must Be Rejected – Tinubu / Election Tribunal: Why I Fell Out With Buhari —buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
I am just disappointed at Obi and Atiku, a former Governor and Vice-President of Nigeria cannot ensure that the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal is broadcasted live for all Nigerians to watch and follow up on?
Assuming roles where reversed and it was Atiku, Obi that had all the massive scandals and abnormalities that Tinubu currently has, the whole thing will be broadcasted live on Tvc and NTA, it was Tinubu and co that ensured that Abacha' name was dragged on Oputa panel. The only reason i can think of for them to pushing to make the broadcast live is to avoid international disgrace.

Section 36 (1) and (3) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that judicial proceedings should be conducted in public.

Providing public access to the proceedings would meet the aspirations of the public to participate in the process.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by snapshot: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2023
I agree with you absolutely!

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by manutdrichie(m): 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
The sitting is yet to commence

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
manutdrichie:
So why are you worried?

I want to view the hearing, it is my right and i intend reaping the benefits to the fullest!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Flapp478(m): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
It will be done live on some selected channels. I think they haven't started yet

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by helinues: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
Toh

Eyes don dey clear about the unserious principals

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Flapp478:
It will be done live on some selected channels. I think they haven't started yet

Ok

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
helinues:
Toh

Eyes don dey clear about the unserious principals

I de tell you oo
Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by helinues: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

I de tell you oo

We actually don't really watch Tv in Nigeria and the TV stations can't air the court proceedings for free except if they see good ads
Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
helinues:

We actually don't really watch Tv in Nigeria and the TV stations can't air the court proceedings for free except if they see good ads

Let Atiku and Obi foot the bill or else let them no disturb us again about "stolen mandate" in life you must make sacrifices.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by helinues: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Let Atiku and Obi foot the bill or else let them no disturb us again about "stolen mandate" in life you must make sacrifices.

Hahaha, do you know how many professional lawyers they will need? Security and accomodations for them.. How about the witnesses.

Both Obi and Atiku don't have that money to sponsor the airing of the court proceedings live

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
helinues:

Hahaha, do you know how many professional lawyers they will need? Security and accomodations for them.. How about the witnesses.

Both Obi and Atiku don't have that money to sponsor the airing of the court proceedings live

Just pay ait or nta to air it life on their channels or better still buy an iphone or digital video camera and stream live on youtube. Wetin hard for there?

I am begining to think obi and atiku are not serious contenders.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Gustavowhite(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
IMHO
this one below is the dullest

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Jorussia(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
Its an unnecessary distraction to air the court proceedings live.People who don't know how many tiers of govt or numbers of LGAs in Nigeria would start arguing legal terminologies on socia media.This not the first and certainly not d last electoral disputes we are going to see in this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jorussia:
Its an unnecessary distraction to air the court proceedings live.People who don't know how many tiers of govt or numbers of LGAs in Nigeria would start arguing legal terminologies on socia media.This not the first and certainly not d last electoral disputes we are going to see in this country.

I was very very young when oputa was aired, literacy level is higher in 2023 now than it was in 99/2000.

Dont try to defend the indefenceable.
Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Emyzoloye5(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

I was very very young when oputa was aired, literacy level is higher in 2023 now than it was in 99/2000.

Dont try to defend the indefenceable.

Oputa panel is nothing to be compared to a presidential election petition hearing, it takes a fucking time and the TV stations might air it live once in a while not everyday

Besides the Appeal court President might decline Media coverage to avoid unnecessary tension and for the safety of the witnesses too
Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by tunjijones(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jorussia:

As in the way them put the election petition for head ehhnnn(people whey no sabi anything about governance and politics ooo). Some said they shd not swear the winner in untill the court proceedings is completed some said military shd take over (those ones are the biggest fool I have seen. The worst democracy is better than the best military govt).

This is not the first neither will it be the last election petition. Since democracy the only person that has accepted defeat and didn't go to court is Jonathan in 2015. Every other election year tribunal cases dey dey.
Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
tunjijones:

As in the way them put the election petition for head ehhnnn(people whey no sabi anything about governance and politics ooo). Some said they shd not swear the winner in untill the court proceedings is completed some said military shd take over (those ones are the biggest fool I have seen. The worst democracy is better than the best military govt).

This is not the first neither will it be the last election petition. Since democracy the only person that has accepted defeat and didn't go to court is Jonathan in 2015. Every other election year tribunal cases dey dey.

No wonder they said obidients are narcisitic.

Tinubu till 2031!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Birdbyrde440: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Oputa panel is nothing to be compared to a presidential election petition hearing, it takes a fucking time and the TV stations might air it live once in a while not everyday

Besides the Appeal court President might decline Media coverage to avoid unnecessary tension and for the safety of the witnesses too

So this is the attitude you want to carrybto villa?

Toh tinubu till 2031!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull by Emyzoloye5(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

So this is the attitude you want to carrybto villa?

Toh tinubu till 2031!

I don't understand your point tho, but I want we all to be realistic here, and yes! I Support PETER OBI/LP

(1) (Reply)

Rufai Oseni of Arise TV Debunks Rumors Of Being Offered Appointments By tinubu / Video: Drama As Ganduje Proposes Death Penalty For Emefiele, Bawa / More Trouble For Nnamdi Kanu As Yoruba Muslim About To Be Made Attorney General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.