Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law (1586 Views)

PDP Alerts INEC Of Moves To Replace Results In Edo North / Ifeanyi Ubah Criticises Keyamo, Says He Is Ignorant Of Parliamentary Rules / Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
The electioneering period really exposed alot of politicians, supporters, political analysts as political learners and law abecedarian with rudimentary knowledge of the law, ignorant about how things work.

After Peter Obi slammed INEC for backing Tinubu at the presidential tribunal.
It is now very clear Peter Obi is ignorant of the law or maybe this is just the usual deliberate attempt at painting INEC bad and in return invoking pity-party

According to the report:
During his response before the court, Peter Obi took a swipe at INEC, accusing it of 'forgetting its role as an impartial umpire.'

He further stated that “INEC, forgetting its role as an electoral umpire, gave a notice of preliminary objection to challenge the alleged incompetence of the petition.

“The global best practices for electoral umpires in national elections is that an electoral umpire must avoid creating the impression that it has no respect for neutrality in an electoral contest between candidates,”
https://www.nairaland.com/7666380/peter-obi-slams-inec-backing#122746366

The response is laughable and it portrays gross display of ignorance because according to the petition filed to the election tribunal by Peter Obi and Labour party, INEC is listed as not just a mere joint respondent but the 1st respondent in the petition. Peter Obi and Labour party sued INEC, Bola Tinubu, Kashim Shettima and APC, so it is understandable INEC defend itself. Asides been the referee or more like an umpire during the election which requires it to stand by the result the commission declared, by proving the election was rightly conducted and the winner rightfully declared. INEC as a respondent also has the right to defend themselves by responding to the petition of the petitioner because as a respondent, they are also party to the case.

To elucidate the fact, if you can recall, after the Worldcup final game between Argentina and France. The french supporters alleged irregularities in the game. The Referee had to come out to the press to defend the result by reaffirming the match was fairly played and Argentina is the rightful winner of the final. Same goes to suing a student for obtaining a result from a university on account of malpractice or irregularities and at the same time also suing the university for awarding the result to the student. The university has every right to defend the validity of the result in court in favour of the student by proving the degree was rightfully issued by university to the student and also proving the student is worthy and deserving of the result.

It is surprising to realise that Peter Obi who filed the petition at the election tribunal with INEC as the first respondent; is still the same person criticising INEC for trying to prove the validity of result declared by the commission.

INEC did same in Osun state during Oyetola vs Adeleke's case; a petition filed by Oyetola and APC. INEC defended the validity of the Adeleke's PDP victory. If any petition is filed in Abia state against LP Alex Otti's victory. INEC will also defend the validity of the commission's winner declaration; in the court.

In Court, no one cares about your emotional driven opinion. Something Peter Obi should know.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Roboto11: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
3rd class in philosophy.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Tntsi: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
These tunubu boys are not bright at all.
INEC who is to defend its process is replying as an apc candidate and tilumbu boy is here convulsing.

INEC job is not to defend apc. It's job is to defend itself and the process used to announce a winner.

Anyway ,Tinubu is a yakubu select and so we are not suprised. Good one as INEC continues to expose its deal with tinubu.

Yakubu is really showing that his release clause was activated in this election.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by chatinent: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
It also exposed you.

You only lobby for things that support your political views, and are ever quick to call black white when it doesn’t.

I don’t owe you a response.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by yarimo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
chatinent:
It also exposed you.

You only lobby for things that support your political views, and are ever quick to call black white when it doesn’t.

I don’t owe you a response.

Just setting the record straight and setting the gullibles free from the manipulative grip of a mischievous man like Peter Obi.

Nothing more, my friend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Dagah2: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
And you that isn't ignorant of the law is capping "He his"?
Ike gwuru!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Ashez: 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
Okay
Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gajagojo: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:
INEC who is to defend its process is replying as an apc candidate and tilumbu boy is here convulsing.

INEC job is not to defend apc. It's job is to defend itself and the process used to announce a winner.

Anyway ,Tinubu is a yakubu select and so we are not suprised. Good one as INEC continues to expose its deal with tinubu.

Yakubu is really showing that his release clause was activated in this election.
How did INEC defend APC?

Can you specifically tell us what elements in the petition are for APC alone and how INEC defends APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

What do you mean by 'INEC job is not to defend APC' ... ?

INEC conducted the election.
INEC declared the winner: APC
INEC is the first respondent in Obi's petition.

INEC has every right to defend both the winner and the process because they declared the winner. The commission has every right to defend the validity of its declaration.

How can they achieve this without defending Tinubu? Lawyer Chibuike, please let us know of your 'shortcut' or alternative way.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Bobloco: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
lhordspy:
The electioneering period really exposes alot of politicians, supporters, political analyst as political learners and law abecedarian with rudimentary knowledge of the law, ignorant about how things work.

After Peter Obi slammed INEC for backing Tinubu at the presidential tribunal.
It is now very clear Peter Obi is ignorant of the law or maybe this is just the usual deliberate attempt at painting INEC in a bad way.

According to the report:

https://www.nairaland.com/7666380/peter-obi-slams-inec-backing#122746366

The response is laughable and it portrays gross display of ignorance because according to the petition filed to the election tribunal by Peter Obi and Labour party, INEC is listed as not just a mere joint respondent but the 1st respondent in the petition. Peter Obi and Labour party sued INEC, Bola Tinubu, Kashim Shettima and APC, so it is understandable INEC defend itself. Asides been the referee or more like an umpire during the election which requires it to stand by the result the commission declared, by proving the election was rightly conducted and the winner rightfully declared. INEC as a respondent also has the right to defend themselves by responding to the petition of the petitioner because as a respondent, they are also party to the case.

To elucidate the fact, if you recall after the worldcup final game between Argentina and France. The french supporters alleged irregularities in the game. The Referee had to come out to the press to defend the result by reaffirming the match was fairly played and Argentina is the rightful winner of the final. Same goes to suing a student for obtaining a result from a university on account of malpractice or irregularities and at the same time also suing the university for awarding the result to the student. The university has every right to defend the validity of the result in court in favour of the student by proving the degree was rightfully issued by university to the student and also proving the student is worthy and deserving of the result.

It is surprising to realise that Peter Obi who filed the petition at the election tribunal with INEC as the first respondent; is still the same person criticising INEC for trying to prove the validity of result declared by the commission.
In Court, no one cares about your emotional driven opinion. Something Peter Obi should know.

Ihordspy

To put in a lay man's language because I know you lack the ability to think critically

INEC should only be defending itself as regards how it followed the laid down laws and electoral guidelines but what we're witnessing is a situation whereby INEC is defending the APC candidate. Now what will be the job of the SANs representating the APC candidate since INEC have taken over their job

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bobloco:

Ihordspy

To put in a lay man's language because I know you lack the ability to think critically

INEC should only be defending itself as regards how it followed the laid down laws and electoral guidelines but what we're witnessing is a situation whereby INEC is defending the APC candidate. Now what will be the job of the SANs representating the APC candidate since INEC have taken over their job

Lol. INEC declared Tinubu the winner. There is no way INEC can defend the conduct of the election and the validity of its winner declaration without defending Tinubu on issue bordering elections only.

I gave instances above. The case of Argentina vs France. And University/Student.

This is law not village-head land settlement sitting. Emotions doesnt work in a court room.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by drlateef: 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
Roboto11:
3rd class in philosophy.

And spent 9 years doing it. Philosophy is a 2 year degree crash course in US and other countries. Obi is a dullard to be sincere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by drlateef: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

You are a dullard like Obi. How has INEC defended APC? They have only defended their actions and processes. Have you seen INEC discussing other personal allegations against Tinubu?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by drlateef: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

You are a dullard like Obi. How has INEC defended APC? They have only defended their actions and processes. Have you seen INEC discussing other personal allegations against Tinubu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Bobloco: 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. INEC declared Tinubu the winner. There is no way INEC can defend the conduct of the election and the validity of its winner declaration without defending Tinubu.

I gave instances above. The case of Argentina vs France. And University and Student.

This is law not village-head land settlement sitting. Emotions doesnt work in a court room.

You are actually the one displaying emotions here by not thinking critically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gossiphub: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
This gazelle gagaraga explainer is so dumb and stupïd.

Imagine how he has rushed to open a thread about what Peter Obi's Election petition lawyers said in response to INEC and not even Peter Obi and he is already insulting the Innocent Agulu man far better than his father unnecessarily.

Dear Ihordspy,

When did Peter Obi become a Lawyer or didn't you read the thread you are having orgasm on?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gossiphub:
This gazelle gagaraga explainer is so dumb and stupïd.

Imagine how he has rushed to open a thread about what Peter Obi's Election petition lawyers said in response to INEC and not even Peter Obi and he is already insulting the Innocent Agulu man far better than his father unnecessarily.

Dear Ihordspy,

When did Peter Obi become a Lawyer or didn't you read the thread you are having orgasm on?

I normally do not like engaging you. I tried my best avoiding you on this forum. You are too razz, uncultured and uncouth for my liking.

But in the spirit of Sallah. Let me clarify this to you: In the report, statements like:

' Peter Obi took a swipe '
' Obi's reply '

....Were used. And also in any court case. Anything your lawyer is responding to, or reacting to in the court or about the case is the same thing as you saying/stating it.

Are we clear?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by thesicilian: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

It's always amusing when someone tries to appear smart but ends up embarrassing himself. But the good thing is, you're probably feel okay since you can't really tell how and when you have embarrassed yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gossiphub: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
lhordspy:

I normally do not like engaging you. I tried my best avoiding you on this forum. You are too razz, uncultured and uncouth for my liking.

But in the spirit of Sallah. Let me clarify this to you: In the report, statements like:

' Peter Obi took a swipe '
' Obi's reply '

....Were used. And also in any court case. Anything your lawyer is responding to, or reacting to in the court or about the case is the same thing as you saying/stating it.

Are we clear?

You hate replying me because I dey cure your crase on a regular.

Next time read with your brains intact, although I know is full of gazelles and propaganda.

And at the bolded, go and try the gaslighting with your fellow minions.

Your lawyer isn't you because by law, a legal practitioner is prohibited from being a witness for his client in a case in which he appears as counsel.

Try and say thank you for this free lecture. Mr. Gazelle

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by JagabanBorgu: 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Obi and his mób, have no idea about law and society, that's why he didn't conduct LG elections for 7 years, pocket their allocations but he feels he is different from other polîticians.
That's why he believes that with 25% in 16 states, he will be declared winner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by JagabanBorgu: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

But u think u are bright?
LOL.
Children of 3rd class philosophy.
Obi is saying INEC shouldn't have declared Tinubu d winner because he didn't get 25% in FCT and INEC is saying they declared him winner because FCT is trèàtèd as a state.
So INEC should not explain d reason why they did what they did?
Una mumu too much.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by lhordspy: 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gossiphub:

You hate replying me because I dey cure your crase on a regular.

Next time read with your brains intact, although I know is full of gazelles and propaganda.

And at the bolded, go and try the gaslighting with your fellow minions.

Your lawyer isn't you because by law, a legal practitioner is prohibited from being a witness for his client in a case in which he appears as counsel.

Try and say thank you for this free lecture. Mr. Gazelle

What has being witness got to do with this? Lol.

Man, you just quoting rubbish to appear knowledgeable. Your lawyer is your representative in court. Anything he or she respond to or react to during or about the case is same thing as you saying it.

Goodnight. I tried my best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by JagabanBorgu: 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bobloco:

Ihordspy

INEC is defending their reason for reason for declaring Tinubu winner despite not having 25% in FCT.
That's not defending itself according to u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by DesChyko: 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tntsi:

To be honest, these incumbent party supporters are quite thick. They'd probably make more sense devoting spaces to explaining Gazelle Gagaraga or something remotely stupid sounding.

Isn't it as obvious as that it is INEC's process is being challenged? Even if they got bribed, they should be smart enough to not make it so obvious 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gossiphub: 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
lhordspy:

What has being witness got to do with this? Lol.

Man, you just quoting rubbish to appear knowledgeable. Your lawyer is your representative in court. Anything he or she respond to or react to during or about the case is same thing as you saying it.

Goodnight. I tried my best.

You see how disingenuous you are?

You tried to lump a client and his counsel together and I just pieced it like biscuit for your understanding.

I am happy you're going to bed now, next time you will do better in your gazelle gagaraga explanation threads that's always bordered on insulting someone who is old enough to be your father and also far better than your generation, even the unborn ones.

✌️

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gossiphub: 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

INEC is defending their reason for reason for declaring Tinubu winner despite not having 25% in FCT.
That's not defending itself according to u?

And what happens to the paragraph of INEC that says court should disregard Obi's Petition against Tinubu?

Is it still about defending itself?
Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by flokii: 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
INEC should ask the court to declare Obi's candidacy under LP as illegal.. LP should produce their party register 6 months before elections, let's see if Obi's name is there.

Section 77 of the amended electoral act 2022 is very clear on who can and can't contest.. LP had no candidate in the just concluded presidential election, period.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by SpatialKing(m): 1:49am On Apr 26, 2023
lhordspy:

Just setting the record straight and setting the gullibles free from the manipulative grip of a mischievous man like Peter Obi.

Nothing more, my friend.

Stop taking drugs like Tinubu
Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Gajagojo: 1:58am On Apr 26, 2023
INEC by declaring Tinubu winner have take a position on 25% as regards Abuja and are correct to justify that in court. Whether they are right of wrong the court will decide but they must defend their stance
This is not the first time INEC would be at the Tribunal and the usual practice is to justify their declarations and actions. It is just like a referee who gives a penalty that loses the game .
The referee will defend his actions and therefore the result.
Others have been at the Tribunal before so Obi should stop whining

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by seanfer(m): 2:02am On Apr 26, 2023
Gossiphub:

And what happens to the paragraph of INEC that says court should disregard Obi's Petition against Tinubu?

Is it still about defending itself?

Let us be sincere and not let our emotions to becloud our thoughts, in Edo and Osun INEC have the same reply to the petitions against the commission does that mean they were defending PDP?
INEC will do samething to defend its actions and reason in Abia that LP won.
Nothing like defending the APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accusing INEC Of Bias, Shows He Is Ignorant Of The Law by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 26, 2023
flokii:
INEC should ask the court to declare Obi's candidacy under LP as illegal.. LP should produce their party register 6 months before elections, let's see if Obi's name is there.

Section 77 of the amended electoral act 2022 is very clear on who can and can't contest.. LP had no candidate in the just concluded presidential election, period.

This na the koko. This is the ace argument that APC’s lawyers will pull out. Peter Obi wasted his time and resources contesting in this election, no wonder why he finished with 3rd class in philosophy very dense fellow.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Funded Obi's Campaign To Beat Him In Lagos? / People Should Stop Defending Tinubu's CSU, Findings Show They're Fake / PEPT Has Awarded Cost For Filing Frivolous Election Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.