Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed (735 Views)

AMA: Ask Me Anything About The Gambia / I Just Got To The Gambia / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Anewadventure: 12:13am On Apr 26, 2023
Good evening Nlanders. I'm planning on relocating to The Gambia, the smiling coast of Africa. I'm tired of living in Nigeria because of the high level of insecurities, social vices, incessant harassment from different law enforcement agencies and unpredictable dangers and calamity that occur daily. ( I just need absolute peace in a country that I can walk freely anytime without having sense of danger or feeling unsafe )

I'm not relocating with the aim of finding a private or government job. I have a good amount of money that can establish and make my business thrive.

I'm aware of the fact that The Gambia has a low population which is about 2.3 million. The country is predominantly dominated by Muslims.

What are the other factors that I have to put into consideration before relocating?

what are the good businesses that thrive there?

Are the Muslims in The Gambia extremists, fanatical and violent like the Northern Nigerian Muslims?

What's the price range for a decent accomodation ranging from self contained to two bedroom apartment?

Is there a large population of Nigerian community there?

What is the purchasing power of Dalasi?

Are the locals friendly or toxic to the foreigners?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by chatinent: 12:45am On Apr 26, 2023
If your sole aim of relocating is because of police harassment () and insecurity, I hate to break it to you that nowhere is as your dream definition of security.

Anyways, happy relocating. Nigeria is nothing to write home about.

Go fast make you tell me why dem dey call person Ewu Gambia. I wan know the origin

8 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by poshestmina(f): 12:53am On Apr 26, 2023
chatinent:
If your sole aim of relocating is because of police harassment () and insecurity, I hate to break it to you that nowhere is has your dream security.

Go fast make you tell me why dem dey call person Ewu Gambia. I wan know the origin

Chatinent😁😁😁😁😁😁.
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by chatinent: 12:58am On Apr 26, 2023
poshestmina:

Chatinent😁😁😁😁😁😁.

Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Warmaterial(m): 1:38am On Apr 26, 2023
Ok
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 26, 2023
chatinent:
If your sole aim of relocating is because of police harassment () and insecurity, I hate to break it to you that nowhere is as your dream definition of security.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 mad man
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Benki003(m): 6:13am On Apr 26, 2023
Carry me go nawπŸ₯Ί
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Evestar200(f): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2023
Una don start oooo.

Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, later you people will come back to create a thread on how to return back to Nigeria after years of staying in one African country without achieving anything.

Anyway, I pray your case is different.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Jecci(f): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2023
Another one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by Jecci(f): 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hahahahahah safe journey! Hopefully we will not come back to read one regret thread.

Go in peace Gambia is the best thing after sliced bread. Go enjoy 'sanity' hopefully it doesn't turn to 'insanity'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by emmaodet: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

I no talk am?
That we will soon reach Gambia
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by emmaodet: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
Una don start oooo.

Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, later you people will come back to create a thread on how to return back to Nigeria after years of staying in one African country without achieving anything.

Anyway, I pray your case is different.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by emmaodet: 5:47am On Apr 27, 2023
Jecci:
Another one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

grin grin grin
Re: I'm Relocating To The Gambia, Advice Needed by emmaodet: 5:48am On Apr 27, 2023
Jecci:
Hahahahahah safe journey! Hopefully we will not come back to read one regret thread.

Go in peace Gambia is the best thing after sliced bread. Go enjoy 'sanity' hopefully it doesn't turn to 'insanity'

grin grin
Just leave them abeg

(1) (Reply)

[b]breakin News!continental Plane Crash In Upstate Ny (buffalo) Kills Everyone / Travel Egypt And Get The Adventure Of Your Life! / Driving Around Nigeria In 20 Days ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.