Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Advise needed on path of study.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advise needed on path of study.... (240 Views)

List Of Scholarships By Subjects/course Of Study / List Of Programs Of Study And Courses Available In Delta State Polytechnic Otefe / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise needed on path of study.... by eldervine: 12:42am On Apr 26, 2023
Good day
Am a 200 lvl student in FUTO studying Statistics
So of recent I started thinking of applying to noun to study mathematics there.
So my questions are
1. Is it feasible, like the cost of running both and time involved considering the fact I could potentially round up both in 4 yrs time
2. Is it possible to study for 2 first degrees at the same time?

Pls I would accept any useful advise
I would also appreciate if the mods push this to FP for a wider view and contribution
Thanks...
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by chatinent: 1:02am On Apr 26, 2023
It’s feasible. NOUN is e-learning.

But aren’t they similar?

Sorry to say but have you checked the place value of statisticians and mathematicians in the present Nigeria?
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by yrhuhfy113: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2023
eldervine:
Good day
Am a 200 lvl student in FUTO studying Statistics
So of recent I started thinking of applying to noun to study mathematics there.
So my questions are
1. Is it feasible, like the cost of running both and time involved considering the fact I could potentially round up both in 4 yrs time
2. Is it possible to study for 2 first degrees at the same time?

Pls I would accept any useful advise
I would also appreciate if the mods push this to FP for a wider view and contribution
Thanks...

What is your purpose in LIFE bro....

are you sure, both or either one will give you a sustainable future?

will you sponsor yourself or someone is backing you?

also, what is the PRACTICAL use of MATHEMATICS in the pursuit of WEALTH.... or your vision is to be a LECTURER in the FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF NAIJA....

pls sit and ask yourself these questions
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by eldervine: 7:59am On Apr 26, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

What is your purpose in LIFE bro....

are you sure, both or either one will give you a sustainable future?

will you sponsor yourself or someone is backing you?

also, what is the PRACTICAL use of MATHEMATICS in the pursuit of WEALTH.... or your vision is to be a LECTURER in the FAILED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF NAIJA....

pls sit and ask yourself these questions
I do have a clear path sir and i belive knowledge of both would be very crucial in achieving my goals.
And no i do not wish to have anything to do with our educational system. Becoming a lecturer is the last thing on my mind rn.
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by eldervine: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2023
chatinent:
It’s feasible. NOUN is e-learning.

But aren’t they similar?

Sorry to say but have you checked the place value of statisticians and mathematicians in the present Nigeria?
They are not really simillar.
what are the likely challenges you think i may face.
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by yrhuhfy113: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
eldervine:

I do have a clear path sir and i belive knowledge of both would be very crucial in achieving my goals.
And no i do not wish to have anything to do with our educational system. Becoming a lecturer is the last thing on my mind rn.

then pls reconsider
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by Blake755: 2:09am On Apr 28, 2023
U wan be teacher like this
Re: Advise needed on path of study.... by zealousayo(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Studying Mathematics and Statistics at the same time, even if not at the same time, is not advisable in my opinion. One can be likened to a father while the other, a daughter. Studying them at the same time would be an unnecessary adventure in my opinion because they are closely related. Running the two courses at the same time may also affect your grades; just like chasing two rats, one might miss the both of them.

My piece of advice to you is, complete your Statistics degree first, then go for whatever you want at the postgraduate level.

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Bsc. Physics Holder Convert To Medical Physicist / How To Revise And Pass Using PGOLD ICAN Intensive Liveclass Replay...open NOW / Nigeria’s Simi Nwogugu Named Top 10 Finalist For Africa Education Medal 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.