Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) (1340 Views)

SEC Suspends BGL From Capital Market Operations / The Nigerian Capital Market & Nigerian Economy! / The Meltdown Of The Nigerian Capital Market: Causes And Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2011
Hey guyzzz this one is for those who are conversant with the Nigerian stock market, The Nigerian stock market recently has been facing a lot of crises in the last couple of years,Market capitalization fell from N9.563 trillion to N6,602, trillion available today, What exactly is going on, Why is everything going down this fast. Well researches makes it clear to us that its not only the banking sector that caused the crash that was experienced in the capital market. But the fact that Foreign investors also sold a majority part of their investments in the country when the world experienced a little recession in the year 2008. But amidst all this state of insecurity and market threats, Financial analyst actually believes that this is the best time to invest in the market as equity prices are on the low side, and it wouldn't go lower that the average price per unit in a month. There is now a shift of words and meaning, from the popular "what goes up must surely come down" Scientist broke the law, through the invention of spaceships and airplanes, Now the market is another opportunity for you and me to break grounds and stipulated laws, For i have the believe that "what goes down would surely come up,

Now back to my question, GTB, 1ST BANK AND ZENITH BANK have been consistent at the top gainers list except for 22nd of Sept when 1st bank lost (2.30%) If you have N50million presently, and you are to invest it, you you rather go for a safer place (Money market) where you are sure of 8% interest rate per year.
I need to invest N50million and i need advice from you guyz, It's not compulsory it has to be from the Money or Capital market, It can be from any other sector. Infact lets just say it this way, If u have N50million, would you rather invest it in properties or what would you do with it.
Pls advice me Urgently!!!
Re: If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) by hallmark77: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
Temporaryly you should fixed the money with any of our banks including the cbn guarranteed rescued banks and am sure they will offer you 10% per annum but you should make it 90days and roll it over untill you are sure of proper investment you can put your money into.Whenever you have clear vission about businesses that you can do,then start reducing your holdings and invest them durectly into the business.Dont invest all the money in one business,infact try to invest half of the money in three different business.I think in Nigeria you should consider Transportation but you must have a blue-print that will benefit your workers as well so that they can be resourceful,also importation of electronics like a.c from asia so that you can have comparative advantage.There are so many things you can there coz but dont put your money in business that can have legal hurdles because your money seems much but at thesame time is not that much for all sort of businesses.Real estate without experience can put you in financial loss and dont depend now on expert experience coz they can frustrate you.

By the way,how did you get the money and you have no idea of lucrative investment.For you to make 50M,you must possess 100M experience if not more.Just my thought!Goodluck.
Re: If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2011
Yeah thanks 4 ur response, Is there any oda Idea in the house?
Re: If You Have N50m, And You Are To Invest It In The Capital Market (my Advice) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
Invest 10% of that cash in a start up that pays me 50% per year.

(1) (Reply)

Invest N650,000 And Launch Yourself Into The Real Estate Business / 3 Best Ways To Make Huge Money Online: Blogging, Importation Business And Fiverr / 10 Illegal Ways To Get Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.