Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online (29922 Views)

10th NASS: South-West Senators Consider Other Options, May Drop Akpabio / ISIS Attacks Nigerian Soldiers, Kills Commander And 20 Others - Tribune Online / How Buhari’s Strategists Disinformed The North About Atiku - Tribune Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Islie: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Against the alleged report that South West senators are rooting for the candidature of Senator Godswill Akpabio as the President of the 10th senate, Senators elect of South West have dismissed the reports as false and baseless

A senator elect who chose to remain anonymous told Tribune Online on Wednesday that the ambition of Senator Godswill Akpabio is driven by three Senators from the South West

The source named Tokunbo Abiru, Solomon Olamilekan Adeola( Yayi) and Opeyemi Bamidele as the Senators mounting pressure on the president elect to consider Akpabio as the consensus candidate.

They told the President elect Tuesday night that all of us from the South West are supporting Akpabio for Senate President but the President elect discovered it was untrue this morning. As South Westerners, we have good relationship with all Nigerians and these three senators can not speak for us. They are not our leaders and cannot take South West Senators for granted. Our leader is a former Governor who is also a senator.

“For us, we have resolved to do the right thing for the country since it’s the only way Asiwaju ( President-elect) can succeed as President. We have chosen to support fairness and Justice as this country is built on tripod- Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. What an Igbo man can do for the country and Asiwaju cannot be compared to what an Annan man not even Ibibio can do for Nigeria and Asiwaju. If you exclude Igbo in the three positions in the country, you may be pushing your luck too far.

We are happy that the President elect did not listen to them because he is not petty. He likes fairness and he wants to do the right thing. The twelve senators from the South West already have a preferred candidate. We have eleven senators and one ranking senator who have endorsed Senator Orji Uzor Kalu for President and Senator Sani Musa for Deputy Senate President. The Northern Senators and Southern Senators believe in the leadership of this two senators and there is no going back. The good news is that Asiwaju has strong character and will stand firm on his personal convictions.” said the source

Also speaking, another Senator elect dismissed the three adding that they were only prosecuting the job they were paid to do, “ Those three are just pursuing their personal interests. Akpabio promised Yayi Chairman of Appropriation committee and also promised the other two juicy committees. So it’s basically about their interests not for Tinubu’s success or unity of Nigeria. Is the opinion of three senators greater than the opinion of 12 senators? We have endorsed Senator Kalu and Senator Musa as our preferred presiding officers and we shall deliver them on June 13” -the source said

Meanwhile, others eyeing the 10th Senate presidency include, Senator Jibrin Barau (APC Kano North); and Senator Abdul- Aziz Yari (APC, Zamfara);

Also, there are insinuations that Governor David Umahi (APC, Ebonyi South) and Mr Adams Oshiomhole (APC, Edo North), who would be first-time legislators are interested in becoming senate president.

For Umahi and Oshiomhole to be eligible, the ranking rule must be jettisoned.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/three-south-west-senators-driving-akpabios-ambition-revealed/

7 Likes

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by StreetFight: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2023
One day, one story

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by RamseyKush: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2023
Make them calm down first

Obi go still recover that mandate.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by TemplarLandry: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
Apabio is the next SP.
We would have preferred Oshiomole but he's new to The Senate.

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Sermwell(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
Buhari's useless government saw me making and saving close to a #100m in savings alone! I quite know how to beat a corrupt system and make more money. I know thiefnubuu's government will be a more corrupt and useless one, and I intend to make more legit money. grin grin

I just hope the supporters of this useless politicians know how to beat the system and make more money??

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by JohnVeet: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
May 29th is around the corner.

Time will tell

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Reelmii: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
grin......power sweet ooo..God abeg reason my matter naa...make me sef dey get atleast government contracts......this new regime must favour me by fire by force

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by adioolayi(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
I know that Yayi will be there... politically powerful Senator

4 Likes

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by daygee12: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
RamseyKush:

Mandate for Onitsha Market

66 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by whippersnapper(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Forcing the thief down our throat. This tinubu go worse sha
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Jack500: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Very good, as long as that useless ibo saboteur uzor Kalu doesn't get it, I am fine. He should go and meet Lawan he supported for Senate presidency.

God'swill Akpabio apart from stepping down for Tinubu in the APC primary, also worked for Tinubu in the election, unlike Kalu.

God'swill Akpabio is the next Senate president.

59 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by tesppidd: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
Na so the Nigeria go take betta?
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by ipobarecriminals: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2023
grin Good

55 Likes

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Airforce1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
APC gradually coming to there senses

6 Likes

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by DeLaRue: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
If Tinubu supports any candidate, no SW senators will identify themselves as opposing that candidate.

What has surprised me most is how that Senator Bamidele Opeyemi is forcefully making sure he appears in any photograph with the President- elect. He was behind him at the airport the other day. The next day he was at Tinubu's house.

But this man was on TV just before APC primary saying 'I can never work with Tinubu'.

When the reporter reminded him that Tinubu had helped to launch and progress his political career. He completely denied it, and said they were colleagues in Lagos and nothing more that that.

He was one of the Vice president 's supporters, and part of another group of Aso -Rock actors against Tinubu.

To now see the same man hanging on Tinubu's coat tail like a houseboy tells you all you need to know about humans.

I find the whole thing incredulous.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by inoki247: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ehn ehn everybody dey du wetin go pay dem so why the tears...

4 Likes

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by obembet(f): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Politics is game of benefits

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by adenine02: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
grin
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Acekidc4(m): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
No be only Kalu, na Malu for SP. Nonsense.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by oxygeng: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
Which one be pressure on president? Can't APC let things take a natural legitimate course? Must the president select also select another president?
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by KanuSE: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
All this garbage journalism with anonymous witnesses.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by NastiLord: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
Why did he have to bring Annang or Ibibio tribes here. That nothing ibibio or Annang person can do for this country? Na wa o
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Melanin80(m): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
I pity my Igbo Brothers and sisters, I feel for them so much. The level of marginalization is too much. The Senate presidency shouldn't be a matter that should be debated among regions. It is supposed to unanimously go the southeast without much ado. They have been relegated to the background, their agitation for Biafra is beginning to get valid and credence.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Freetech: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
SE in problem

Nobody take them serious again

Their votes is as useless as their region.

You dont need these ungrateful and hateful lot to win election

A wise government should just isolate them. Nothing you do for them they will ever appreciate. Ask Buhari- Second Niger bridge, East West road. Zik immortalization etc

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by smile11s(m): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
chai
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by meum: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
I feel the legislators should be allowed to choose their leaders without party interference. Any aspirant should lobby his/her colleagues to vote in his/her favour. That is when the legislative arm of government can checkmate the executive arm of government. Consensus in a democracy? Na wa!

See what happened during Lawan’s & Gbaja’s time, the legislature became a rubber stamp for executive administrative r*scality

For a healthy democracy the legislators should be allowed to choose who should lead them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by AmotekunSW: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
RamseyKush:

Obi won't see anything.
INEC won't give Obi shishi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by paltielx: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
Akpabio will get it he understands Nigerian politics better

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by AmotekunSW: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
Airforce1:
APC gradually coming to there senses

The author of this nonsense couldn't even mention his name.

Let any SW Senator support Kalu and see what happens to him.

Isunazo is a better person. OUK is a no-no.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / Buhari Appoints Nnaemeka Eweluka As The MD/CEO Of NBET / Jibrin Pictured Watching Chelsea-Man U Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.