Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats (25560 Views)

Uju Kennedy Meets With Staff, Pays Medical Bills Of Women, Children In Abuja / OBIdients Organize Free Tutorial Classes For Northern Women & Children (Pics) / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Unknown Gunmen: Beheading Men, Women, Children Barbaric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Bodexinvest: 4:18am On Apr 27, 2023
Get everyone out of that place fast!
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Heebee007: 4:47am On Apr 27, 2023
Are you not reading the article, they are hiring the buses not buying. Like charter, so what happens after is that the buses return back to their parent company. If you noticed the gov has been stressing luxurious buses to justify the financial exploitation for hiring at that ridiculous price. The Nigerian government is one of the most opportunist is the world unfortunately.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by darkCoal: 4:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Is that too much? Oh, you don't know how our naira is crawling in the world market
Homologous:
1.2M?
Must we be excessive and wasteful in all things?
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by einsteine(m): 5:11am On Apr 27, 2023
PNomsule:
$1.2m approx N900m is not bad for 40busses however, what happens to them afterwards is equally important. Tax payers don suffer long time ⌛

They are renting not buying.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by einsteine(m): 5:12am On Apr 27, 2023
darkCoal:
Is that too much? Oh, you don't know how our naira is crawling in the world market

It is too much for rental price
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by delzbaba(m): 5:50am On Apr 27, 2023
Wetin men do una for this world? Why do you people always abandon men
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by emmakudos(m): 6:02am On Apr 27, 2023
$1.2m for 40 buses.

Must you guys still in small things. Very impoverished
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Chucks13: 6:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Jeromejnr:
If it was the West I would have said "why should women be prioritised above men when many of them feminists claim they want equal rights?"

It's only during war they don't advocate for such.

You are right, when it comes to situation like this the feminist gang goes under their bed but when it's about Hakim and his oyioshi ex wife then feminist grow muscles and turn Klitchkov boxing champion.

Anyway what matters now is the federal govt should just bring our people back home safely.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by 007Marvel(m): 6:18am On Apr 27, 2023
Homologous:

What the Bleep is fair about that?
How much does 100 buses cost?

A bus is less than £10000.

No be Danfo dem dey talk about here oo! Bus cost normally.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by EUGENEINYANG(m): 6:28am On Apr 27, 2023
$1.2m for bus? Bubu don finish dis country lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by ViktorCash: 6:29am On Apr 27, 2023
So what happens to the men? They die? sad
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by juwoonn(m): 6:46am On Apr 27, 2023
What’s not bad? Cost of hire... not purchases o! Just “hire”
PNomsule:
$1.2m approx N900m is not bad for 40busses however, what happens to them afterwards is equally important. Tax payers don suffer long time ⌛
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by juwoonn(m): 6:52am On Apr 27, 2023
How will you “hire” a bus for $30,000.
What’s the cost of buying the bus seff?
You rent 40 buses for nearly 1 billion.
Timekeeper452:
$1.2m for 40 bus? That means one bus is $30,000. At the rate of 460 to $1 (bank official rate today), it means a bus cost 13.8 million naira.

Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Dannysaka: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2023
dahnimoh:
K

.......Procured 40 buses .
What for? Why can't they hire buses

Everything is an opportunity to waste and embezzle money
They hired the buses for$1.2m
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Blackdisciple(m): 7:24am On Apr 27, 2023
iTroll:
What about the men

Maybe they can stay back there..
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Minjim: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2023
Homologous:
1.2M?

If you are stranded or have a family member stranded in Sudan you won't see it has wasteful
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Blackdisciple(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2023
FG go dey run mouth , other countries that evacuate their citizens from the conflict zone, why are they not running mouth..

Abeg, it your responsibility to evacuate our citizens outta Sudan we from home base don't care how you will do that, so stop telling us how much you have spent besides it's still our money.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Minjim: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2023
blowjohn:
What happens to the buses afterwards?

U see this country eh.

So Men are not important

They didn't buy the buses, they rented it.

And if you say the price is high.
Would you agree to drive people out of a war torn areas like Sudan ?
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by kingyakos: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

you would be shocked how much america spends on things that you cant even understand....

No matter how how much America spends they'll always be prove, records and transparency and i bet you that America spending in evacuating their citizens from sudan ain't up to 500 thousand dollars.
Do u know how much is 1.2 million dollars.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by IamMobisola(f): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2023
RedChiefPriest:
Men don price market for this life sha.

Men get super power against bullet abi?
😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Sammy5413(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2023
Cause na man deserve to die?
When women accumulate over 70% of world population you still dey prioritize women
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Harmless1b(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2023
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by irunokoisawerey: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2023
Some bush people are now running their mouth like tap for ordinary airlift... belle de sweet dem... chanting igbo amala upandan... mtchew grin

I don't want peace... I want vawulence always grin

this moniker was created for irunoko ... because irunoko is a werey grin

All disobedients now taking trophy because of Allen Onyeama look like this... yaaga!... you're forming posh abi grin

Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Hillchild88(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2023
Just to hire bus, $1.2M. if the government wants to buy the buses they will finish the national treasury if anything is there self.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by 4labi1: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/sudan-evacuation-fg-hires-40-buses-at-1-2m/
Men lives matter too, this stuff isn't fair. I can understand children or kids below 18. No one should ever come out and say gender equality blah blah
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by billyG(m): 8:26am On Apr 27, 2023
Nothing like prioritise move everybody out!useless corrupt,inhuman gornment!!
Can't they hire buses from Egypt?
Diplomats should be d last to leave.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Danmaiduguri(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/sudan-evacuation-fg-hires-40-buses-at-1-2m/

Wia are d useless feminists? they should demand the women stay with the men.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by helicoptarr: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Homologous:
1.2M?

Probably international class...
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by DIVAD2000: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2023
odenkirk:
et them die. as a man nobody likes u nd body feels for u learn to be cruel and hearless

That is more reason why there is an increase in the problems in the society, ( mostly caused by men)
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by BidenDTrounced: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

This is called Trauma Bonding.
We have been exposed and accustomed to mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration etc. so when our government faithfully executes NORMAL EXPECTATIONS, it seems like a magnanimous, selfless and philanthropic act, we thank them for it and it endears them to us.
This is a legacy of Western colonialism.

Origins of Corruption In Africa
https://panafricanreview.rw/origins-of-corruption-in-africa/

Colonialism is alive and well in Africa, but goes by many nice names
https://roape.net/2022/01/26/colonialism-is-alive-and-well-in-africa-but-goes-by-many-nice-names/

The New Intellectuals of Empire
https://roape.net/2021/07/01/the-new-intellectuals-of-empire/

Although, the West has been able to create a 'garden' (Borrell, EU official) for itself at the expense and continuous exploitation of those it has condemned and confined to the 'jungle' (Borrell)

Corruption is more rampant in the West but it's much more subtle and covert (I wrote about this in 2020 based on my observations, exposure and personal experience...then I saw the authors/writers in the aforementioned links use the same words I used..it was affirming and vitalizing)
Westerners are also exposed to to "mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration" BUT in the sense that developing countries are thier specimens (they're well indoctrinated in that 'knowledge' by Western mechanisms).
The" garden vs the jungle" division creates an aura of superiority (and they're emboldened by the inferiority complex of thier subjects/the colonized)....
These circumstances leads to the conditioning by means of distractions and manipulations (which I've already touched on in this discourse) that the worst scenario in the West
is better than the best of developing countries.
In conclusion, just like inhabitants of developing countries, majority of westerners are also 'trauma bonded' in the context of this writing and we're the samples/specimen for thier exposure to to "mistreatment, corruption, misrule, maladministration."

The attached is just for lols grin

I posted this on my platform in a different language.
I used a software in beta mode to translate and post it on Nairaland.
If you sight any errors, please bring it to my attention.
Re: Sudan Evacuation: FG To Prioritize Women, Children, Diplomats by Cantonese: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
SLOVFO:

So you are indirectly blaming the masses for what is happening in Sudan now? I guess the masses should accept the status quo and not clamor for a better life? I know most of you will prefer we maintain the status quo while the politicians continue to loot us blind.

Did you take your time to read and understand? You may please read it again for deeper understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Sule Lamido Returns To Nigeria / President Buhari Blames Gaddafi For Herdsmen Crisis / Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.