Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

My Experience With Transport Companies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Transport Companies (278 Views)

Just Now: Three Dead, Five Harmed As Truck Collides With Transport In Abia / Those Who Are Working With Interstate Transport Companies Also Need Help. / Lagos To Kaduna! How Ezenwata Transport Endangers Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Transport Companies by blogsign: 10:05am On Apr 27, 2023
The horrible experience that made me swear… Road transport companies can be very wicked. With the level of economic meltdown that has bedeviled Nigeria, one would expect that transport companies would be a little more considerate with their pricing system and overall service delivery, given that the masses have already had enough of hell on earth here in Nigeria. Though the prices of Petroleum products have remained unstable since the last few years. Yet, we the poor masses deserve to be treated fairly enough.

Here is my experience:
I was to travel from Jos to Aba, my base. I had gone to purchase food items in the hinterlands of Plateau State, which I concluded within 8 days. I retired to my hotel room in the evening of the 9th day, hoping to take off the next morning. I already made a budget of N13,000 to convey me to Aba. So, on the morning of the 10th day, I woke up as early as 4am and began getting ready for my trip back to Aba. Due to exhaustion, I was unable to go to the bus park to make a reservation ahead of my trip.

I set out around 5 am and headed to the Old Railway area where there are vehicles plying my route. As I got there, I was rushed by the motor park touts and almost stampeded. But I held my balance and followed one polite-looking agbero to his own terminal, hoping that I am in a safe hand, due to his approach and polite persuasion. He took me to their booking officer – a lady, seated on a plastic chair. And I tendered my request and was shocked when she nonchalantly bemoaned 22,000. Haaaa! I became embarrassed as I had only N15,000 on me. Meanwhile, I spoke with a business partner who left the previous day, and in the course of our discussion, he revealed to me that he paid N11,000 for his return to Aba. Though we didn’t talk about the bus company he boarded.

So I decided to step aside and call him again, to be sure I heard him correctly. He didn’t pick on the first dial, which left me slightly standing for a while, like someone who has lost his way. I was confused as to what to do since I had spent a lot of money on the purchase of goods.
Luckily for me, his call came in and I was a bit relieved. At least I could talk to someone who cares. He asked if I was on the way already, and I almost cried when I tried to explain my frustrations to him. He was surprised since it was barely 30 hours since he left Plateau State. He inquired further about my choice of transport company and almost started bickering when I told him where I had gone.
He beckoned me to take a taxi to the Jos Terminal Market area, where Peace Mass Transit is located. I left immediately. The movement from Old Railway to the Jos Terminal Market area was to last for about 20 mins, and I was worried that I might not be able to get a bus that morning. I then remembered that on one of my travels to Abuja, my fiancee had helped me make a booking online, and I thought to myself, it will be wise to try out the online reservation system. I then opened my phone and typed pmt.ng on Google. Immediately, I was able to navigate the online booking platform. I entered my destination and paid the sum of N10,000 through my Access Bank Debit Card, and my booking was confirmed. The only thing was that I had to defer my movement to the next day. Because the online reservation only allows passengers to book ahead of time.

As I got to their own terminal, I showed them the reservation code on my phone and I was ushered into their relaxation. I requested to see the manager and was led to his office. Explaining my frustrations to him, and the need to still be aboard that moment if he could help me. He asked me to pay N12,600 in cash. But I further showed him my booking confirmation slip.

After a few minutes of hesitation, he asked customer service to give me another ticket. I was given a ticket, and In less than 15 mins we were already in transit. The journey was smooth and safe, as we got to Aba before 7 pm. Oh PEACE! I give it to your company!

(1) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Has Broken The Former Record For Longest Cooking Hours By An Individu / Vox AI Review - Truth Exposed! - Does This Work? / DFY Suite 5.0 Review | Honest Opinion| Truth Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.