Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat (33184 Views)

Top 5 Things You Use Everyday That Are Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat. / 10 Things That Are Unexpectedly Dirtier Than Your Toilet / Ambode’s Lagos Is Getting Dirtier Than Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by DyshApp: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
We carry them everywhere, take them to bed, to the bathroom, and for many people, they're the first thing they see in the morning - more than 90%👀 of the world owns or uses a mobile phone, and many of us couldn't manage without one.

A 2019 survey found that most people use their phones📱on the toilet. So it's not surprising to discover that studies have found our mobile phones to be dirtier than toilet seats.

We give our phones to children👶 to play with (who aren't exactly well-known for their hygiene). We also eat while using our phones and put them down on all sorts of (dirty) surfaces. All of which can transfer microbes onto your phone along with food deposits for those microbes to eat.

while many of us wash our hands regularly after, say, going to the bathroom, cooking, cleaning, or gardening, we are much less likely to consider washing our hands after touching our phones. But given how disgusting and germ-infested phones can be, maybe it's time to think more about mobile phone hygiene.🤷

Research has found that many pathogens on phones are often antibiotic resistant, meaning they can't be treated with conventional drugs💊. This is worrying as these bacteria can cause skin, gut, and respiratory infections that can be life-threatening.

So what can we do to sanitize our phones?

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by superlanny(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
I totally agree, and a lot of Nigerians have bad hand washing routine, it is a fact, and our mobile phones are a meeting point for all the bacteria we have been accumulating all day, week and months. If some people remove their phone case cover for you, you will be so disgusted.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by TUANKU(m): 7:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
True. Mobile phones, door handles, ATM keypads etc.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by visaclick: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2023
superlanny:
I totally agree, and a lot of Nigerians have bad hand washing routine, it is a fact, and our mobile phones are a meeting point for all the bacteria we have been accumulating all day, week and months. If some people remove their phone case cover for you, you will be so disgusted.
no na we shouldn’t work or do other daily activities again, we should focus on washing our phones or maybe drop it by a dry cleaner in the mor and pick it up while going home by end of day.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by DyshApp: 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
superlanny:

Am telling you, it's something we use everyday but we easily ignore the cleanliness of it

7 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by DyshApp: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
visaclick:
no na we shouldn’t work or do other daily activities again, we should focus on washing our phones or maybe drop it by a dry cleaner in the mor and pick it up while going home by end of day.

Lol😆 there are easier ways to clean it, method a to clean it are on the article, it dosen't just say the problem but the solution as well
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Billionaire2: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wow!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by saphiere(f): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
DyshApp:
We carry them everywhere, take them to bed, to the bathroom, and for many people, they're the first thing they see in the morning - more than 90%👀 of the world owns or uses a mobile phone, and many of us couldn't manage without one.

A 2019 survey found that most people use their phones📱on the toilet. So it's not surprising to discover that studies have found our mobile phones to be dirtier than toilet seats.

We give our phones to children👶 to play with (who aren't exactly well-known for their hygiene). We also eat while using our phones and put them down on all sorts of (dirty) surfaces. All of which can transfer microbes onto your phone along with food deposits for those microbes to eat.

while many of us wash our hands regularly after, say, going to the bathroom, cooking, cleaning, or gardening, we are much less likely to consider washing our hands after touching our phones. But given how disgusting and germ-infested phones can be, maybe it's time to think more about mobile phone hygiene.🤷

Research has found that many pathogens on phones are often antibiotic resistant, meaning they can't be treated with conventional drugs💊. This is worrying as these bacteria can cause skin, gut, and respiratory infections that can be life-threatening.

Fake

4 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by mytime24(f): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
I do sanitize my phone always

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Olam09(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by SultanOfAbia: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
Some Girls dirty pass phone.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by obinna58(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
Not mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Pinkyposh(f): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
DyshApp:

Very correct, but can never be my phone, cos I don't take it to such places, and I always sanitze mine from time to time

2 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by wwwkaycom(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
how?
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Gistville: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Where you poo and pee is neater than the phone that touches hands alone?

5 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by samsegs(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
It depends on the toilet seat o....hmmm
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by drizslim(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
My own no dirty shikina

3 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by brutustech: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
We like am like that
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
So Wetin you wan make we do? Have we died?

Get at, this information is useless with zero solution

3 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by iamblest(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lies

So you telling me where I dey shit is cleaner and hygienic than mobile phone wey I dey bath before touching.

1 Like

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by yemmit90: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
Big fat lies.

3 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lies oooo

Me wey dey use spit clean my phone grin

5 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Mrgeco001: 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
smiley

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by logicalhumour: 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
superlanny:

What you see when seeing "dirty" brown phone case that was formally transparent is not actually dirt, you idiot. Haha grin

It's just the material used in making it. It eventually gets that way. Barely using you phone in daylight causes that coloration (the case absorbs UV light).

I'm not saying our phones are the cleanest stuff, but as a scientist, I'll need a swab from both your toilet seat, and phone to investigate the amount, and most importantly, the types of bacteria on them.

From our head to toes, both internally and externally are full of microorganisms. Most of the microorganisms are good ones and help us remain alive. Normally, you'll find them plenty in your kitchen, pot, food, etc. You'll also find then in your toilet, etc. It's most likely not going to be a big deal if micros from your phone get into your stomach, but if the ones in your toilet, for example, get into your system, e go be wahala.

We romance our phones daily, go and be romancing any public toilet seat daily and see how it goes grin
Let's be guided please grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Lannyjoe4u: 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hmm, i do rub sanitizer most times

3 Likes

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
Tell me more
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Jefferyhi86(m): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dats why I use methylated sprit to clean my mobile device

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by ForgetfulJones: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
superlanny:
purse and wallets also.
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by Mitchy49(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hey!
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by mechanics(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
visaclick:
hahahahah
Re: Your Mobile Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat by YoungLionken(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
I was watching a banana and tomato documentary the other day grin..

See, if you followed doctor's tip, you would die of sickness fear grin...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two People Drown In The River (Graphic Photos) / Muhammadu Buhari Hospital Kano Records First Spinal Cord Surgery (Photos) / “Former Gangster” Shares Incredible Transformation Pictures Of Himself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.