Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins (16448 Views)

Police Rescue 600 Kano Workers Locked For 3 Months In Rice Factory / 5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / One Million Naira Waiting In The FCMB #flexxyourcreativity Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by NECO1998: 3:43am On Apr 29, 2023
I still maintain my earlier statement that you are not serious. Do you really know what 'interview' means? Are you the one to determine the mode of the interview?Are you trying to say that you were the last person to leave the venue for the interview? You were talking about food just like the case of the 10 virgins in the Bible. My interview was to start by 8.00 am but I was attended to around 5pm. Do you know what happened later, I got the job.
abjonline:

You wouldn't know what it means to be sitting down doing nothing for almost 4 hrs.

Mind you, I didn't even take breakfast before I joined the interview. Must I wait for 24hrs for them to know I really need a job?
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by abjonline(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2023
NECO1998:
I still maintain my earlier statement that you are not serious. Do you really know what 'interview' means? Are you the one to determine the mode of the interview?Are you trying to say that you were the last person to leave the venue for the interview? You were talking about food just like the case of the 10 virgins in the Bible. My interview was to start by 8.00 am but I was attended to around 5pm. Do you know what happened later, I got the job.

Nawa for you o.
What is wrong is wrong. White people will not subject you to such cruel condition. Recruiters are only taking advantage of our unemployment situation in Nigeria.
I had other things to attend to that afternoon. So I had to leave the virtual interview.
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Karlifate: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Infact you are totally right at the bolded.

Ordinary Stupvd one new worker of one of our Subsidiaries i was trying to give a warm welcome and pleasantries. Would you believe the fool didn't reciprocate my good gesture. He was so full of himself and replied me rudely and arrogantly. This is not the first or second time i am experiencing this with different people. A lot of people are just Sadist in Nigeria.

The Idiot is just an ordinary employee oo not even an employer.

Some Nigerians are Demonic, Arrogant, Extremely Damaged.

But they want the leaders to behave saintly, humble, respectful etc 😂😂

As if they're not cut out from the same cloth.

1 Like

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Chapo90: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2023
Same thing I was talking about yesterday... Some HR do feel that they're doing you a favour, an interview will be scheduled for 10am and no one will attend to you till 2pm, with no apologies or something... Like what kind of test o Patience is that Same people will be quick to criticize the government and turn around to do worst... I once went for an interview for a restaurant manager, waited for 5 hours of my precious time, like wtf, I have my own life too, stood up and left when it was 3:30 and ended up reaching my house by 10pm because of Lagos traffic... I swore never to try that sh*t again.. collected pos terminal and start my pos business saving 5k daily aside my feeding and transportation... I can't come and kill myself for 80k to 100k job because you want to test my patience ( who does that? ) If tomorrow God bless me and I owned a company, and my HR try that sh*t with job applicants, I will make sure he or she is sack immediately... So many companies have lost good hands because of this lackadaisical attitude... Menh it ain't charity, I'm selling my skills to get paid..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2023
If you don't like it go estabilish your own firm or go to court. grin the problem with Ligerians is the only time they see something wrong in people's conducts or a firm's conducts is when it doesn't favour them.
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by NECO1998: 11:34am On Apr 29, 2023
Na wa for me? You were wrong in your decision to leave. And you think such practice of delaying does not apply in Europe or Asia/ America? No company in Nigeria or abroad will hire someone impatient. It goes to show you won't be able to cope with the company's policy/ rules and regulations. Since you prefered food to job, I'm okay.quote author=abjonline post=122817129]

Nawa for you o.
What is wrong is wrong. White people will not subject you to such cruel condition. Recruiters are only taking advantage of our unemployment situation in Nigeria.
I had other things to attend to that afternoon. So I had to leave the virtual interview.[/quote]
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
ARE YOU KIDDIN?.
What about those that spent a whole day and told to come back NEX DAY.THEY ARE TESTING YA PATIENCE as part of your interview sessionangry
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by BluntCrazeMan: 2:29am On Apr 30, 2023
abjonline:
Guys, why are recruiting firms in Nigeria this wicked? I was invited for an interview which was to start by 9am. As at 12:30pm, I was still in the waiting room.
Why can't they give time to each person instead of inviting everybody to join at the same time?
Eventually, I had to log out when I was tired.
This is wickedness oo
No be for that company wey your village people want you to work in.

If you travelled to go there, you would have realise say “you don come be-say you don come”.
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
The problem is that most recruiters see themselves as semi-gods. You can easily perceive the air of pride & arrogance all around them. This is not a test of patience but sheer irresponsibility.

In Nigeria, human dignity is never respected, especially towards Job seekers. It is inhuman to keep people waiting unnecessarily without a reason or an apology

Know this and know peace, we are what we are by the Grace of God.
you have said it all,when I was still struggling for work up and down in Abuja,there was one big hotel that one stupid man opened at kabusa junction,I went there for interview and I waited for 7hours in a room and nobody attended to me,I got tired and left and when I enquired further I heard that that that is how the man behaves and if you cant wait till he is ready,you can go.i weak.Thank God I have passed that stage.They always feel they are doing you a favour.
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Bhettie: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
FEMALE ROOMMATE NEEDED IN A MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU, Lagos

FEE: 350k
Agency:50k
Total: 400k

Call: 08087979068
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by DSpokesMan(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
Guys, good afternoon.

Please, what's the gist about Optiva Capital Partners?

Any idea what the work culture is like over there?

Kindly help with relevant information.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top HND Holders In Nigeria / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.