Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) (29593 Views)

2 U.S Army Helicopters Crash Within 48 Hours, Killing Soldiers (Photos) / U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 In Texas (Photos) / Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WriterNig: 6:32am On Apr 28, 2023

Three 🇺🇸 U.S soldiers were killed and another was injured when two US Army AH-64 Apache helicopters crashed Thursday as they were flying back from a military training flight near Haley, Alaska, US Army officials said.

Two of the soldiers died at the scene and the third died while being transported to a hospital, according to a release from the US Army’s 11th Airborne Division.

The names of the deceased are being withheld until 24 hours after their families have been notified, the release said.

The crash occurred about 100 miles south of Fort Wainwright, where the helicopters are based as part of the 1st Attack Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment.

“This is an incredible loss for these soldiers’ families, their fellow soldiers, and for the division,” Maj. Gen. Brian Eifler, commanding general of the 11th Airborne Division, said in the release. “Our hearts and prayers go out to their families, friends and loved ones, and we are making the full resources of the Army available to support them.”

The injured soldier is being treated at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, according to the release. Details on the extent of their injuries were not provided.

“The Fort Wainwright community is one of the tightest military communities I’ve seen in my 32 years of service. I have no doubt they will pull together during this exceptional time of need and provide comfort to our families of our fallen,” Eifler added.

Fort Wainwright’s Emergency Assistance Center is available to “provide support for families, friends and fellow soldiers of those involved in the crash,” the release said.

The crash will be investigated by an Army Combat Readiness Center team, the release said.

CNN || NBC News

2 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WriterNig: 6:32am On Apr 28, 2023
🤡 World's Number 1 Army 🤡

There's not a week that goes by that we don't hear of a 🇺🇸 U.S military plane crashing. I can count about 4 this month alone.

They not even in a war zone yet they keep crashing their expensive junk of a plane. Imagine what would happen if they were in a war zone like 🇺🇦 Ukraine.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by MissLeslie(m): 6:38am On Apr 28, 2023
Rip to the gallant officer, if this were to be Africa hmmm make I no talk.

10 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by richmond500: 6:43am On Apr 28, 2023
If it had happened in Nigeria, hatred for no allow some people know say things like these deh happen.
You will be hearing things like "Buhari and his terrorist army is killing Nigerians from the sky" grin

May God help us

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Mitchy49(m): 6:48am On Apr 28, 2023
Hard luck my people .
Things like These happen everywhere, but if this had happened in Nigeria, everyone would say it was politically masterminded.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Jesse6(m): 6:48am On Apr 28, 2023
Thank God say no be my country
The casualties for plenty
RIP

1 Like

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 28, 2023
WriterNig:
There's not a week that goes by that we don't hear of a 🇺🇸 U.S military plane crashing. I can count about 4 this month alone.

They not even in a war zone yet they keep crashing their expensive junk of a plane. Imagine what would happen if they were in a war zone like 🇺🇦 Ukraine.
I was expecting this ignorant comment. I knew you were anti west. Next we will see is like for USA/Nazi, share for Russia! 🤣

You didn't say a thing when Russia accidentally launch a bomb on their own city, did you?
At least USA didn't make that zwor mistake. Everyone makes mistake, and it will be unwise of you to think otherwise. USA stands. All these your unnecessary celebration makes you seem like a jester.

Now, in case you don't know. There are many potential causes of a military plane crash. Some common causes include pilot error, mechanical failure, bad weather, and bird strikes. However, it is important to note that each military plane crash is unique and there may be other factors that contribute to the crash. For example, a plane may crash due to a combination of pilot error and a mechanical failure. It is also important to note that military planes are often put under a great deal of stress, which may increase the likelihood of a crash. So it's nothing new! 🤷‍♂️

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by schoolboymatt(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2023
The names of the deceased are being withheld until 24 hours after their families have been notified, the release said.

see protocol abeg. you've just got to love the US.

but I don't.

7 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2023
How did two AH 64 crash at the same time ? Did they crash into each other ?Abi they both took fire

6 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Blackdeewhy(m): 6:58am On Apr 28, 2023
May God rest there souls.
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by id4sho(m): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2023
tongue
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Offpointng: 7:16am On Apr 28, 2023
schoolboymatt:

see protocol abeg. you've just got to love the US.
but I don't.
Same thing happens here in Nigeria to so calm ur boiled nerves down

8 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Ihateheadslamer: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2023
It can't happen in Nigeria because our Nigeria soldiers patrol on foot tongue
richmond500:
If it had happened in Nigeria, hatred for no allow some people know say things like these deh happen

7 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WrriterNig: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

I was expecting this ignorant comment. I knew you were anti west. Next we will see is like for USA/Nazi, share for Russia! 🤣

You didn't say a thing when Russia accidentally launch a bomb on their own city, did you?
At least USA didn't make that zwor mistake. Everyone makes mistake, and it will be unwise of you to think otherwise. USA stands. All these your unnecessary celebration makes you seem like a jester.

Understandably. They're in a war. Accidents happen.

Now let's talk about the US operators that damaged a nuclear bomb in a Dutch air base due to manhandling... a month ago.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 28, 2023
WrriterNig:

Understandably. [b]They're in a war. Accidents happen.

Now let's talk about the US operators that damaged a nuclear bomb in a Dutch air base due to manhandling... a month ago.[/b]
Thought you bot called it a "special operation" ? 🤣
They are the aggressor here, what's so hard in locking on their target,they even injured about three persons.
The one that happened in the US wasn't in a public space, was it? 🤷‍♂️.
Thought you were supposed to be intelligent!

You need to make use of your head,and not emotion.

7 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by xtivin(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Over to yahoo guys wink
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WrriterNig: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Thought you bot called it a "special operation" ? 🤣
They are the aggressor here, what's so hard in locking on their target,they even injured about three persons.
The one that happened in the US wasn't in a public space, was it? 🤷‍♂️.
Thought you were supposed to be intelligent!

You need to make use of your head,and not emotion.

You think you're slick. Ignoring the elephant in the room.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2023
WrriterNig:

You think you're slick. Ignoring the elephant in the room.

Dude, keep quiet. Was anyone injured or dead in the occurrence? 🤷‍♂️
Comparing a minor accident to Russia bombing itself to stupor, putting thousands of life at risk! 🤣

Sit more, and learn. Stop running yo mouth around the whole place. Not sure if you even read about the incident. Since your brain is wired to swallow propaganda you didn't bother to read on it.

8 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WrriterNig: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Dude, keep quiet. Was anyone injured or dead in the occurrence? 🤷‍♂️
Comparing a minor accident to Russia bombing itself to stupor, putting thousands of life at risk! 🤣

Sit more, and learn. Stop running yo mouth around the whole place. Not sure if you even read about the incident. Since your brain is wired to swallow propaganda you didn't bother to read on it.

🤡 Dummy! Was anyone injured or killed in the accidental bomb dropping incident in Russia?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by sotall(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2023
cool
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by atobs4real(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2023
Ogun afowofa.
na waoo
RIP Soldiers
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by zinaunreal(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2023
The only thing good about the usa is the us dollar

1 Like

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Eqwe!
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Herbiodun09: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Their almighty US. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by RepoMan007: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2023
Useless paid post

2 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by RepoMan007: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2023
WriterNig:

Three 🇺🇸 U.S soldiers were killed and another was injured when two US Army AH-64 Apache helicopters crashed Thursday as they were flying back from a military training flight near Haley, Alaska, US Army officials said.

Two of the soldiers died at the scene and the third died while being transported to a hospital, according to a release from the US Army’s 11th Airborne Division.

The crash occurred about 100 miles south of Fort Wainwright, where the helicopters are based as part of the 1st Attack Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment.

“This is an incredible loss for these soldiers’ families, their fellow soldiers, and for the division,” Maj. Gen. Brian Eifler, commanding general of the 11th Airborne Division, said in the release. “Our hearts and prayers go out to their families, friends and loved ones, and we are making the full resources of the Army available to support them.”

The injured soldier is being treated at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, according to the release. Details on the extent of their injuries were not provided.

“The Fort Wainwright community is one of the tightest military communities I’ve seen in my 32 years of service. I have no doubt they will pull together during this exceptional time of need and provide comfort to our families of our fallen,” Eifler added.

Fort Wainwright’s Emergency Assistance Center is available to “provide support for families, friends and fellow soldiers of those involved in the crash,” the release said.

The crash will be investigated by an Army Combat Readiness Center team, the release said.

I have no doubt you reside in Putin bum bum and only stick out to dish out Putin propaganda. A Russian plane equally crashed a day ago but instead you dug out one about US to deflect the negative attention to what gives Putin nightmare. Russia also bombed pro-russian settlement a week ago but nothing came from your pro russian Russia-Versus-West propaganda outlet.
Nonsense. No be only like and share.

8 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by bolacode: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2023
Wahalur!
Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by Reality3080: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2023
richmond500:
If it had happened in Nigeria, hatred for no allow some people know say things like these deh happen
if it had happened in Nigeria, the poverty capital of the south would have insulted d country, the president, the military, the electorates, the infants n everyone else

Bunch of hatefilled sadists

I no mention name ooo

4 Likes

Re: 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) by WrriterNig: 9:02am On Apr 28, 2023
WriterNig:

World's number one army my foot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video) / Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.