Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. (19605 Views)

Kidnapped 20 Medical Students rescued without ransom - Police PRO, Adejobi / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Reach Agreement With Reps, Await Buhari’s Approv / Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by ipobarecriminals: 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
cool
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by alingo2013(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

The wise guys will find ways to stay in Egypt

That is an Igbo man mentality

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by HydraFeeds(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Make dem come develop Nigeria .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Billionaire2: 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Reality3080: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

the wise guys will b stranded in Egypt
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2023
superCleanworks:

say again

Would you drive through a war zone for free?

Be serious.

I am no fan of APC, I think they are evil and corrupt, but this isn't a journey through a peaceful zone. In war, things go upside down.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Thank God for their safety,but why would anyone in his right senses go to Sudan.To do what? A country that is almost perpetually embroiled in instability.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Billionaire2:

and driver stopped halfway to ask for his money,

Yeah, because they probably would have been delays in getting the money.

Sudan's banking system has been mostly offline.

(Yeah, I am not defending APC, just telling you why travelling during war is a sad and tragic thing).
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Traplord09: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Billionaire2:
$1.2million swallowed …. we now wait for air peace free flight πŸ˜‚ government no be ur mate

Lol
By the looters 😁😁😁😁😁😁.. there we say goat from Sudan eat the money πŸ’°πŸ’°
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by superCleanworks(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

Would you drive through a war zone for free?

Be serious.

I am no fan of APC, I think they are evil and corrupt, but this isn't a journey through a peaceful zone. In war, things go upside down.

$30,000USD per bus.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Billionaire2: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, because they probably would have been delays in getting the money.

Sudan's banking system has been mostly offline.

(Yeah, I am not defending APC, just telling you why travelling during war is a sad and tragic thing).

I understand
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Chetas81(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Shame on you the citizen of Nigeria occupied the government of Nigeria with their useless followers
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
superCleanworks:

$30,000USD per bus.

Yeah, that's why war is awful and should be prevented.

The bus companies took advantage of all of us to make extra kudi, but part of it is because of the exigencies of war. Everything jaga jaga. Including the banking system that has made transferring money or even getting it difficult.

Air travel might have worked if the ILS was not bombed at all the Sudan airports on day one...plus APC did not somehow find money for decent heavy duty war transport planes.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by SeriouslySense(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin grin
costandi:
Stay in Egypt to do what? Some people need a total mental overhaul.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Germi9: 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Mah nigga
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by MrAgbako: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
costandi:
Stay in Egypt to do what? Some people need a total mental overhaul.
what do you expect from a typical IPOB?. They are called headless mobs for a reason. You lack the capability to reason logically
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by BOLATINUBU01: 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

u mean the foolish ones
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
Powersurge:
Firstly, I am still finding it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to understand why a Nigerian would go to Sudan to school.

Notwithstanding, these are the little things that give citizens a sense of belonging.

PS: massive thanks to Air Peace CEO.

1.Sudan has universities...and they are not too awful.

2.JAMB and our university system over the years has not been able to create enough spaces for Nigerian students wanting to study in universities (that is why we have UTME, private universities, and why even some governors are setting up state universites all over the place plus distance learning self).

3.Sudan has been largely peaceful for ten years, and most students go to Khartoum and Omdurman which were, until recently, in nice quiet zones.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
OmoOshodi:

1.Thanks for the abuse.

2.I am not an APC supporter, you can check my posts.

3.War makes a lot of things upside down. I see corruption, yea, but also people in Sudan using war to make a quick buck. Also, as a result of supplies being cut off eg petrol, and banking system being down, naturally prices would shoot up. Plus the driver would have to drive in a war zone.

4. What you did to me was not right, and I will report you to the moderators for that. I did not abuse you, and I see no reason why you should abuse me. If they ban you, reflect on your error. If they do not, improve your behaviour. Don't use the anonymity of the web for childish behaviour.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by b4ball: 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
muykem:
We need to work on our ignorance especially in public space. Our discussion should be educative and knowledgeable. Someone posted something yesterday that FG use 1.2m dollar to hired 40 buses. The amount is for total evacuation which includes Buses fare, flights, accommodation and feeding.
You deserve to be ashamed of yourself! Imagine defending looting and corruption. This is why China, India, Thailand and most nations we used to be in the same league all left us behind. Imagine trying to help white wash that it was used for buses, flights, feeding and accommodation. Accommodation in what hotel? What flight. The minister clearly stated it was for hiring buses. 40 buses ooo from
Sudan to Egypt! Everything in Nigeria na cash out, and made worse under APC, that shouted kworupshion to high heavens. Shame! Spits!!

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by adedayoa2(f): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
alingo2013:

That is an Igbo man mentality
very igbotic mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
Billionaire2:
$1.2million looted , embezzled , swallowed ..πŸ˜‚

.. we now wait for air peace free flight
My brother, when will corruption end in Nigeria na. Politicians use any little situation to embezzle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by edungene7: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
Powersurge:
Firstly, I am still finding it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to understand why a Nigerian would go to Sudan to school.

Notwithstanding, these are the little things that give citizens a sense of belonging.

PS: massive thanks to Air Peace CEO.
Firstly this guys were sponsored by the same people in government to go and school free of charge Sudan is better than Nigeria by many standard the reason they could organize their educational sector to attract foreign students show you that Nigerians are only living big in their heads the students who will be airlifted back from Egypt look better than the malnourished lots here under buhari government when people say Buhari government took Nigerians 1,000 years backward u guys think Itz a lie
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by oyeb15: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
They are moving from frypan to fire
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Blackdisciple(m): 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Those people saying Nonsense when these students spoke out need brain check.

How can you say is it the govt that sent you there?

Are you normal?

Well most of them are in their comfort zones.

These same sets of people will relocate because of armed robbery attack in their area.

War is WAR. Who do you count on when you have a country?

If those students bring honour to Nigeria by virtue of study. This government will first congratulate them.

The same people will not ask who sent you there.

We need to fight corruption from our lifestyles

Not just govt.

1500 students

Rent bus- per trip est 1000 dollars
49 per bus
1500/ 49 = 30 buses
30x 1000= 30000USD
No feeding
No mosquito nets
No pads for women
No drugs
No clinic
No clothes

In Egypt free airlift to naija

Where does the remaining 1.1 million usd go.

Bulaba
Grab it
And run with it

Crocodile swallowed it Sir
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
Why does it seems like in every country that starts war, Nigerians are always crying to be rescued

It was Ukraine and now it's Sudan, what's next
Adedam2020:

https://punchng.com/rescued-nigerian-students-arrive-egypt-await-airlift/?amp
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by Asour: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

With a distraught mental situation?

Knowing no one, with no degree & having just been rescued from death.

Man, life's tough but to weaken one's chances further isn't worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by nairalanda1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Samantha124:
Why does it seems like in every country that starts war, Nigerians are always crying to be rescued

It was Ukraine and now it's Sudan, what's next

Erm, it's a lot of nationalities. Not just Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Students Rescued From Sudan Arrive Egypt, Await Airlift. by OmoOshodi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Thanks for the abuse.

2.I am not an APC supporter, you can check my posts.

3.War makes a lot of things upside down. I see corruption, yea, but also people in Sudan using war to make a quick buck. Also, as a result of supplies being cut off eg petrol, and banking system being down, naturally prices would shoot up. Plus the driver would have to drive in a war zone.

4. What you did to me was not right, and I will report you to the moderators for that. I did not abuse you, and I see no reason why you should abuse me. If they ban you, reflect on your error. If they do not, improve your behaviour. Don't use the anonymity of the web for childish behaviour.

Why personalizing a general notion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Boss, Sam Onyishi Set To Extend Midas’ To University Educatio / When Will Jamb Registeration Close For This Year / Tony Elumelu Donates Technology Centre To Ambrose Ali University (AAU)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.