Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape (37936 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by ufotunang: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
I hope it will also capture the Lagos State governor and his convoys and Lagos State government officials plate numbers when they drive recklessly and against traffic and also fine them
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Saao(m): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2023
RecentHistory:

It will be adding to the gbese already on ground.
no, it hasn't. No camera on the Island, most are on the mainland and I badly go to the mainland except few occasions. Although I will do it, just that it demand going there physically with the car.
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by aAK1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
Olam09:

You'll get stopped by police immediately. It's just like driving without physical license plate.
i am not talking about that type of cover. their are special types of covers that only affect cameras. thy will drastically blur out the numbers
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Johzhier97(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2023
No mind Dem make Dem dey balablu....until Dem replace doze Agberoism with automatic ticketing....den we go start to clap 4 Dem.....Orishirishi
Angrygoat:
Idiots. Did he cause an accident. Is that lagos state govt problem. Lagos is dead
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Emmanuel909090: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
This is good, at least we can start building sane generation, because the current ones are already used to lawlessness
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by BouncerT: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by seunayantokun(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
That is what Ambode wanted to deploy that offended strong powers behind LASTMA. Technology is what is needed, not hooliganism.
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by lexy2014: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
stuffs2002:

Hateful and jelous headless mob spotted

That still leaves the question unanswered.
London in what way?
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by lexy2014: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

Saner clime we've been talking about is doing things the right way and Lagos is leading the rest in that regard.

How does that make it London?

What percentage of things in Lagos are done "the right way"?

Is there no where else in Nigeria where there is a semblance of "doing things the right way"?
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by lexy2014: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
RecentHistory:

Ask those akpu economic migrants running away from biting poverty in their place

Are you saying you don't know d answer to d question?

London in what way?
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by lexy2014: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
prof22:
Mention the Bush you come from make we compare.

London in what way?
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by stuffs2002: 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
lexy2014:

London in what way?

It is not London yet IPOB keeps entering night bust only to come and be selling gala in traffic and constituting nuisance upandan
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by BLACKDICK007: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
God bless yorubaland cool
God punish igboland grin

Long life locate Yoruba's worldwide cool
untimely death locate igbos worldwide grin
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Mayeldah(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
They only work in revenue generation and multiple taxations

But when it comes to infrastructure and development, they score zero, come to Lagos mainlands, all streets are bad.

Internal roads are filled with potholes. No pipe borne water, No light, nothing...

apart from fashola that did well, the rest are quacks, just there to generate money for Tinubu and his cronies.

Mitcheew!!
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
stuffs2002:

It is not London yet IPOB keeps entering night bust only to come and be selling gala in traffic and constituting nuisance upandan

London in what way?
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Philomath1212: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Mumu question...
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Wisefellow(m): 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
The camera also caught my plate number few days ago, accussed me of driving with expired insurance and fined me N20,000 as first offender which I contested via their website and in person at VIS headquarters.

I was cleared because I presented the old insurance doc. which was still valid only on that day as the last day of expiration with the new one I paid for on the same day which covers till 2024.

Fine was cleared and I am not an offender!

20k in this era, no be beans to dash govt.
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Drenix(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
Something wey don dey Ghana 4 long.....

naija ejhh
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by OKEMKPI: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
Obaofaba:
Lagos is Nigeria's London that's why the enemies of Nigeria wants to get it destroyed.

Any attempt by Biafra or Ipob miscreants trying to turn Lagos to jungle just like their region is, will be legally resisted.

Lagos is a Yoruba land and most Yorubas are cultured, if you must live with them, you behave yourself.

When you get to Rome, behave like Romans!!!
This thread is for vehicle owners,why are u masturbating here since u don't even have ordinary bicycle
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by alizma: 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
kerry57:
Na where we go dey see govt development be this. Anything wey go dey collect money for masses hands govt go dey go tech sharperly but the one wey go put money for masses hands, u no go see them and development, Dem go sereke
They are here again, Adams complainant
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by todyms: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
This is a flawed system and Lagos state is using this to extort people. I drove 2 cars with number plates not registered in Lagos to Lagos within 2 weeks and the camera booked both cars for expired papers. Papers that would expire in Nov 2023 and Mar 2024 respectively. Is there any law that you cannot drive a car with upcountry number plate in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by MASTERMIND04(m): 12:25am On Apr 29, 2023
Wow, this is good. We will get there one day.
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Omodua(m): 1:30am On Apr 29, 2023
Obaofaba:
Lagos is Nigeria's London that's why the enemies of Nigeria wants to get it destroyed.

Any attempt by Biafra or Ipob miscreants trying to turn Lagos to jungle just like their region is, will be legally resisted.

Lagos is a Yoruba land and most Yorubas are cultured, if you must live with them, you behave yourself.

When you get to Rome, behave like Romans!!!
By their post, we know them.

One of those misguided and timid Yoruba's who never travelled beyond Lagos-Ibadan Axis always forming champion and know all.

Surprisingly, you're one of those who came to appropriate the political heritage of Lagos in the name of Oduduwa.

Please go back to your rustic village in Yoruba land before claiming Lagos in the name of Oduduwa.

You should be ignored with your vexatious ethnic rant!
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by frozen70(f): 3:40am On Apr 29, 2023
Manny21:
How does this work with vehicles that come from outside Lagos and go back immediately?

It affects mostly vehicles register with Lagos state license office
So the data base already have the vehicle informations
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by frozen70(f): 3:43am On Apr 29, 2023
PulaPower:

So long it’s a Nigeria number, it will scan if real or fake and it will detect..

Wherever you coming from or going to isn’t significant..

Not really, just for vehicles registered with Lagos state license office

You dont expect a vehicle registered with Anambra state government to appear in Lagos state data

Unless the owner renewed his motor license in Lagos
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:15am On Apr 29, 2023
ecolime:
It's been on for over 2 years now. Cameras dey Alausa and some parts of the Island. I think it's N20k. Once it captures your plate number and your docs are expired, expect auto-text messages immediately.

If God wan punish you, no come pay your fine on time, e go dey multiply. Maybe camera don snap the guy number plate 3 times.. lol

Nope its 20k per paper
If u dont have a valid DL its 20k
Insurance 20k
Road worthiness 20k
The victim did not have any
That is why its 60k
They do not come to ur house to enforce payment
The only wait till u are caught on the road by VIO or when u go to the office for renewal.
The fine will not increase
It remains the 60k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2023
integrity16:

You would pay for those years the car have been off the road. Except you push the debts to another person by selling off the car to a new buyer.

Every year will be paid for whether you are on or off the road.

Selling off the car will not push the debt off ur head as the number plate still remains ur property,u will be liable to any offense commited on that number,and if u sell with the number,the new owner will just do a re registration with a new number plate
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by MrJames007: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2023
If I spot dat camera and my papers are expired, not to use another route na.
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
TINUBU WILL APPLY LAGOS MODEL TO RUN NIGERIA TO REVIVED LIFE,BUT ALL NIGERIANS MUST GET READY united TO EXtinguish SOBATOUERS AND TERROR MONGERS WHO WANT TO SOBOTAGE THIS EFFORTS. angry
Re: Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape by Joemavel(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
Make E dey play. I was fined 20k and I paid make E no go capture again before I got the roadworthiness done. Funny enough it was just left to get the certificate printed when I got the news I've been blacklisted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Men Towing Car On Cart Truck (Video + Photos) / Photos Of The All New 2019 Mercedes Benz G Class Revealed Ahead Of Its Debut / N153m KLASSEN Mercedes-benz Viano Limousin Luxury Office Van (photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.