Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why I Wasn't Performing Well On Stage - Singer, Ayra Starr - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Wasn't Performing Well On Stage - Singer, Ayra Starr (399 Views)

My Special Ritual Before Going On Stage – Singer Omawumi / Fan Gave D'banj Her Backside On Stage, Singer Flees / Bobrisky: I Wasn't Deported Or Banned From UK. I Returned To Get The Right Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Wasn't Performing Well On Stage - Singer, Ayra Starr by blueghost(m): 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nigerian artiste, Oyinkansola Sarah Aderibigbe, aka Ayra Starr, has revealed the reason for her terrible live performances some months ago.

Recall that the 'Bloody Samaritan' crooner was heavily criticized some months ago for being a terrible vocalist after videos of her performing live went viral on the internet.

But appearing on the latest episode of the Afrobeats Intelligence podcast hosted by Joey Akan, Ayra Starr said she was going through a lot during that period.

According to her, she couldn't sing for two months but was still forcing herself to perform.

She said,

"I think for me I was not properly taking care of my voice. I was not doing vocal warm ups at all.

"Sometimes I'm not even talking at all, then I'm just on stage and I'm shouting and singing. I couldn't properly sing for like two months. And I was performing everyday still with that voice.

"So, people literally were like, Ayra cannot sing. I'm like, it is not as if I can not sing o, I'm going through a lot."

Re: Why I Wasn't Performing Well On Stage - Singer, Ayra Starr by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
see all dem excuses... only you?!
Re: Why I Wasn't Performing Well On Stage - Singer, Ayra Starr by habsydiamond(m): 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ehya... Pele oo... no be only u oo everybody is going through a lot in this country oo

(1) (Reply)

AMVCA: Bbnaija Stars,broda Shaggi, Funke Akindele & Others-full List Of Winners / Burna Boy Becomes First African Artiste To Sell Out 80k London Stadium / Cardi B Celebrates Her Husband On Father’s Day And See What Happened ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.