Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,928 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Help How Do I Make Abacha - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help How Do I Make Abacha (784 Views)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) / How To Make Abacha – Igbo Food (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please how do I make abacha, I harvested some cassava from my small farm and I planing on using them for abacha,

Please someone help me with a step by step procedure on how to make the abacha, and aslo the abacha sauce .

I want to mix it with redoil, pepper onion just like the ones being hawked please someone help me

1 Like

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
Boil the cassava. Allow it to cool.
Grate it and Wash out the starch. Soak it in cold water over night.
The next day, wash it out dry it on a flat basket or strainer under the sun for days until it is very hard.

Typing...

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:
Grate it and Wash out the starch then dry it on a flat basket or strainer under the sun for days until it is very hard.

Typing...

Ahaa thanks very much I have done grating and washing steps,will be putting out under the sun tomorrow to dry,...

Please after this procedure 🙏 what's the next step
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Preciousgirl(f): 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
Joyrider404:

Ahaa thanks very much I have done grating and washing steps,will be putting out under the sun tomorrow to dry,...

After they, throw it away
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
EriMma1:
Grate it and Wash out the starch. Soak it in cold water over night.
The next day, wash it out dry it on a flat basket or strainer under the sun for days until it is very hard.

Typing...

Thanks very much, I really appreciate but I would like to know how to mix it with redoil and other ingredients

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Preciousgirl:

After they, throw it away
Make I no talk weytin dey my mouth...next time apply Sense when you talk or type
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Nemesis0147(m): 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2023
Joyrider404:

Thanks very much, I really appreciate but I would like to know how to mix it with redoil and other ingredients
boil hot water and Soak the Abacha in the hot water untill if get softs(I don’t like my own being too soft sha so u go dy monitor am)fry your red oil….don’t heat it that much oh…then add ur ingredients to the your oil and mix it with the Abacha….e dy very simple na

That was my fast food during my school days…..
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by dontrulee: 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
Na this time of the night you dey think of Abacha??
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
Joyrider404:

Soak the abacha in water to soften.
Pound and Soak potash in water.
Blend ehuru and dry pepper 🌶️ together. Set aside
Get ugba

Add palm oil to a pot on heat or off heat.
Add little liquid of the potash and begin to stir until it thickens and turns yellow.

Add the ground ehuru
Add Maggie (optional)
Add ugba and stir.
Add pomo, smoked fish and stir
Then add the abacha, onion, fresh pepper and stir very well until well combined. Utazi leaves.
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 12:03am On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Soak the abacha in water to soften.
Pound and Soak potash in water.
Blend ehuru and dry pepper 🌶️ together. Set aside
Get ugba

Add palm oil to a pot on heat or off heat.
Add little liquid of the potash and begin to stir until it thickens and turns yellow.

Add the ground ehuru
Add Maggie (optional)
Add ugba and stir.
Add pomo, smoked fish and stir
Then add the abacha, onion, fresh pepper and stir very well until well combined. Utazi leaves.

May God bless you so so much for this,will update you with pics later in the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2023
Joyrider404:

May God bless you so so much for this,will update you with pics later in the day

Amen. You're welcome.

Ok will be waiting to see the outcome.

Enjoy!
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Amen. You're welcome.

Ok will be waiting to see the outcome.

Enjoy!

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=Joyrider404 post=122819160][/quote]

Did you soak it overnight with cold water after grating and washing, to remove excess starch and prevent stickiness? It still looks starchy.

Anyways, good job.

Waiting for the meal.
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2023
If you be igbo , why you no sabi prepare am ??

Throw am away if you no b igbo
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2023
EriMma1:

Did you soak it overnight with cold water after grating and washing, to remove excess starch and prevent stickiness? It still looks starchy.

Anyways, good job.

Waiting for the meal.

After removing the back I boiled it a bit, then I grated it,soaked it in water now sundring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Joyrider404(f): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2023
Failure2019:
If you be igbo , why you no sabi prepare am ??

Throw am away if you no b igbo

This reply of URS shows how dumb you are
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2023
Joyrider404:

After removing the back I boiled it a bit, then I grated it,soaked it in water now sundring

Ok. You're supposed to wash it thoroughly first before soaking it. anyways, it's still ok. It will get perfect with Subsequent ones.

Looks great!
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by EriMma1: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2023
Joyrider404:

Just ignore the trolls they are only trying to derail your thread. Besides, food section would have been more appropriate for this your post. There you would have gotten more professional inputs and comments from experienced cooks.

Maybe the mods can help you move it to food section.

nlfpmod my boyfriend, help her move this to food section for more expert contribution.
Re: Help How Do I Make Abacha by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 30, 2023
Joyrider404:

C0cksucker

(1) (Reply)

Advertise Your Eatries And Restaurants Oner Here! / www.babefishing.com: Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match / The First Food You Eat In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.