Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. (275 Views)

2019 Fast APN Settings For Glo 3G And 4G Sim / Who Else Has Seen Mtn 4g+ On Their Phone? / Itel Partners With Slot For Exclusive Sales Of Its 1st 2gb Ram And 4g Lte Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by ISelectMySins: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Like always, I was stupid again today, so I bought this A31 phone today.

Which brand? I honestly don't know except that when I switch it off I see a Tecno logo. Why one would purchase a phone brand that has no explicit description still baffles me. My instinct tells me it is an Oppo A31 though, because when I did a factory reset, the Bluetooth name states just that. That isn't the reason I am typing. The problem now is, I am unable to use 3g and 4g on the phone. I even tried *#4636#*#*

The options states that 4g/3g/2g would be switched automatically. However, only 2g works. I have tried every thing. Someone should help me please.
Re: Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by Taofiq2005(m): 8:51am On Apr 29, 2023
ISelectMySins:
Like always, I was stupid again today, so I bought this A31 phone today.

Which brand? I honestly don't know except that when I switch it off I see a Tecno logo. Why one would purchase a phone brand that has no explicit description still baffles me. My instinct tells me it is an Oppo A31 though, because when I did a factory reset, the Bluetooth name states just that. That isn't the reason I am typing. The problem now is, I am unable to use 3g and 4g on the phone. I even tried *#4636#*#*

The options states that 4g/3g/2g would be switched automatically. However, only 2g works. I have tried every thing. Someone should help me please.
the phone that you just bought is a fake phone. My advice is to return the phone back to the person that sold it to you and collect your money.

1 Like

Re: Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by ISelectMySins: 9:15am On Apr 29, 2023
Taofiq2005:
the phone that you just bought is a fake phone. My advice is to return the phone back to the person that sold it to you and collect your money.

This is not the solution I asked for.
Re: Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by ISelectMySins: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2023
Please guys, suggestions.
Re: Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by Taofiq2005(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2023
ISelectMySins:

This is not the solution I asked for.
There is no way you can use 3g on that phone. I am talking from experience. I had a phone with huawei body when I switch on the phone it showed tecno logo. I tought it was a tecno phone but when the phone finish booting. I noticed that the UI Is different from that of tecno, some apps in it are similar to that of huawei. When I checked the network setting I saw 2g/3g/4g option, which made me think that the phone was 4g but when browsing I noticed the phone was slower than 3g. Not until I went the Sim management in the phone that I found out it was EDGE (2G) And not 4G. I tried all my best to improve the network speed like tweaking the Apn setting. But it was to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Unable To Use 3g And 4g On My Phone. by nani667: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Install Device Info app, open the app and post a screenshot here.. It will tell you what you need to know

(1) (Reply)

Get Ready To Level Up: Infinix's New GT Series Is Coming To India In August / Could Iphones Even The Latest Models Be Dumb / Elegance In Every Frame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.