Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK (4798 Views)

Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo) / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / A Mobile SUV With A Woman On Top Of It Spotted On The Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 7:50am On Apr 29, 2023
Going across comments on a Nigerian girl that relocated back to Nigeria,I came across this comment by a British woman about UK

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 29, 2023
But people are living in same UK and building mansion in Nigeria

32 Likes

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Deejaygold(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2023
Na wa o
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2023
So you they trust yahoo boys ?
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by kettykings: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2023
When Nigerians flooded that country, I knew it was a matter of time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 7:55am On Apr 29, 2023
FromTopToBottom:
So you they trust yahoo boys ?
can you tell us the actual prize
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2023
Lol. This is not only a UK problem. Housing prices have been on the rise for a number of years and show no signs of slowing down. It is becoming increasingly difficult for people to afford a home, especially in large cities. While there are a number of reasons for this, one of the main drivers is the increasing cost of housing.

Homes are becoming more and more expensive to build and this is being passed on to the consumer. In addition, there is a limited supply of housing available and this is pushing prices up. Another reason for the high cost of housing is that people are investing in property as a way to secure their financial future.

As the cost of housing continues to increase, it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to afford a home. This is having a negative impact on the economy, as people are forced to spend more of their income on housing, which leaves less money for other things.

There are a number of ways to address the high cost of housing. One solution is to build more homes, which will increase the supply and help to bring prices down. Another solution is to provide more support for people who are struggling to afford a home.

Ultimately, the high cost of housing is a problem that needs to be addressed. If nothing is done, it will only become increasingly difficult for people to afford a home, which will have a negative impact on the economy.

7 Likes

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2023
Sincerely if not for bad leadership and corruption, Nigeria is a very good country. Infact the best country

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:
Sincerely if not for bad leadership and corruption, Nigeria is a very good country. Infact the best country
wicked leaders are destroying it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:

Really?

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2023
guobe:
Sincerely, I have seen Nigerians leave their luxury homes here to live in one room abroad all because of Japa

3 Likes

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2023
CondenseMilk:
But people are living in same UK and building mansion in Nigeria
yes so also people living in Nigeria and building mansions too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2023
Miracood2:

Really?
Yes o. Cost of living in Naija is relatively extremely low and we pay very little taxes. The only issue we have us the poor economy and infrastructure as a result of bad governance.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:

Sincerely, I have seen Nigerians leave their luxury homes here to live in one room abroad all because of Japa
most of them say they are doing it to secure their kids future.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Lol. This is not only a UK problem. Housing prices have been on the rise for a number of years and show no signs of slowing down. It is becoming increasingly difficult for people to afford a home, especially in large cities. While there are a number of reasons for this, one of the main drivers is the increasing cost of housing.

Homes are becoming more and more expensive to build and this is being passed on to the consumer. In addition, there is a limited supply of housing available and this is pushing prices up. Another reason for the high cost of housing is that people are investing in property as a way to secure their financial future.

As the cost of housing continues to increase, it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to afford a home. This is having a negative impact on the economy, as people are forced to spend more of their income on housing, which leaves less money for other things.

There are a number of ways to address the high cost of housing. One solution is to build more homes, which will increase the supply and help to bring prices down. Another solution is to provide more support for people who are struggling to afford a home.

Ultimately, the high cost of housing is a problem that needs to be addressed. If nothing is done, it will only become increasingly difficult for people to afford a home, which will have a negative impact on the economy.
you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:

Yes o. Cost of living in Naija is relatively extremely low and we pay very little taxes. The only issue we have us the poor economy and infrastructure as a result of bad governance.
true
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2023
guobe:
most of them say they are doing it to secure their kids future.
But I don't understand ooo. Are all the kids abroad successful?
All i see is people showing off. Nothing special about travelling abroad to work like a slave. It's just a modern way to migrate slaves to work . Advanced modern day slavery.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:
But I don't understand ooo. Are all the kids abroad successful?
Nice question lol

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:30am On Apr 29, 2023
guobe:
Nice question lol
Most of them have nothing to show off again in Naija, best they can do is Japa to make other feel little.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:33am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:

Most of them have nothing to show off again in Naija, best they can do is Japa to make other feel little.
some have properties in naija with some even selling it off to travel out and saying they want to secure their kids future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:36am On Apr 29, 2023
guobe:
some have properties in naija with some even selling it off to travel out and saying they want to secure their kids future.
They make other kids in Naija feel worthless, Naija way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by flokii: 8:39am On Apr 29, 2023
Nigeria is far better than most of those developed countries our people run to.. It's when they get there and see the way things are that they start coming to terms with the fact that 'no place like home'.

While some are able to "make it" and live fine, most find it difficult to survive and end up in shelter homes, low cost areas or hostels. I know guys that were given birth to in UK that still complain talk more of japa geng selling everything to move abroad.

5 Likes

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Tallesty1(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2023
Price of houses in Nigeria tripled in the last 5 years. A bag of cement that was 1.5k is now 4K+.
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2023
flokii:
Nigeria is far better than most of those developed countries our people run to.. It's when they get there and see the way things are that they start coming to terms with the fact that 'no place like home'.

While soms are able to "make it" and live fine, most find it difficult to survive and end up in shelter homes, low cost areas or hostels. I know guys that were given birth to in UK that still complain talk more of japa geng selling everything to move abroad.
absolutely true.I feel it's the fear of the unknown and there is nothing that you will tell them that will make them listen.just wish them well in their exploration.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2023
If only you understand what it means to give your kids citizenship of serious countries.
Don't think you are wiser than them.
Just pray that you or your relatives are not down with a life threatening disease in Nigeria.
That's when you will understand that living well in a country goes beyond eating, fvcking and producing children like roaches

verybadmouth:

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2023
verybadmouth:

The fear of Agbado is pushing them away
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by marlow1962(m): 8:50am On Apr 29, 2023
guobe:
And demented followers are still supporting it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by guobe: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=marlow1962 post=122817995]
And demented followers are still supporting it.[/quotelo]lol stomach infrastructure what do you expect
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
If only you understand what it means to give your kids citizenship of serious countries.
Don't think you are wiser than them.
Just pray that you or your relatives are not down with a life threatening disease in Nigeria.
That's when you will understand that living well in a country goes beyond eating, fvcking and producing children like roaches

Good for them that are willing to give their kids the chance because they can afford it. But please remind them that it's a privilege that many will never have so they should not oppress the ones that are unable to get better country citizenships. Besides, do you think kids in Naija wouldn't succeed?

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2023
Your kids have 80-90% chances of surviving legitimately (through education) over there.
Here the chance of legitimate survival (through education or legit business) is like 5%.
Then surviving illegitimately (yahoo, runs, stealing, drug etc) is like 10-15%

Which is better?
You think someone that enjoys all the packs of a multinational company manager here but choose to abandon it and travel abroad doesn't know what he is doing?

verybadmouth:

Good for them that are willing to give their kids the chance because they can afford it. But please remind them that it's a privilege that many will never have so they should not oppress the ones that are unable to get better country citizenships. Besides, do you think kids in Naija wouldn't succeed?
Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by verybadmouth(m): 9:06am On Apr 29, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
Your kids have 80-90% chances of surviving legitimately (through education) over there.
Here the chance of legitimate survival (through education or legit business) is like 5%.
Then surviving illegitimately (yahoo, runs, stealing, drug etc) is like 10-15%

Which is better?
You think someone that enjoys all the packs of a multinational company manager here but choose to abandon it and travel abroad doesn't know what he is doing?

The fact is everyone can't go.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2023
I agree with you.
But if you see any opportunity to give your children citizenship of serious countries.
Grab it with both hands.

Meanwhile, hustle and give your kids a better life. It's worth it. (The advise is for me too)

verybadmouth:

The fact is everyone can't go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor / Guyana Experiences And Info / Australia Or Belarus Which Is Best To Go On Working Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.