Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? (1555 Views)

Can Buhari Change This Too? I Was Shocked By What I Saw! (viewers Discretion) / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Why Must Buhari Be The President For Nigeria To Be Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Delafruita(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2011
With the recent announcement of micheal sata as the winner of the zambian presiential elections,my thoughts went to our own muhammadu buhari.sata won the elections at his fourth attempt and if my memory serves me right,buhari has lost threice,2015 will be his fourth attempt if he decides to run.

I am personally of the opinion the people destruction party has nothing to offer now or ever.shoeless and clueless odechukwu retardeen who they presented as a messiah has proven to be anything but.

Lets give useful tips on how the opposition,notably the ACN and probably with buhari or any other person as its candidate can wring nigeria from the leprous fingers of PDP
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by werepeLeri: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
To burst your bubble - Buhari will no more be qualified to contest in 2015 - he will be above the age.
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Depointer1: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2011
I wish. He 's still the best and honest candidate so far so good
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by PointB: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
@topic,
Sure. As lucky as he has been since 2003. grin
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ werepeLeri
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no upper age limit for contesting presidential elections.
The only requirement is that the person should be over 40years old.

I wish Buhari contests , and I hope by then,  Nigerians would have developed the courage to prevent their mandate being stolen again.
I strongly believe that if the 2011 election had not been rigged, Buhari would have emerged the clear winner.

If election after election is rigged and nothing is done to address it, then ultimate it is inevitable that a military government would return.

from  wikipedia:
Nigeria
In Nigeria, a person must be at least 40 years of age to be elected President or Vice President, 35 to be a Senator or State Governor, and 30 to be a Representative in parliament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_candidacy

werepeLeri:

To burst your bubble - Buhari will no more be qualified to contest in 2015 - he will be above the age.

Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2011
I dont understand why you ppl continue to wish these old grandpapa on Nigeria. Are you not a Youth? Why not contest?

Keeping voting for senile old men. mtcheww.

And isnt GEJ in his early sixties? enough of this.
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by PointB: 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
GenBuhari:

@ werepeLeri
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no upper age limit for contesting presidential elections.
The only requirement is that the person should be over 40years old.

I wish Buhari contests , and I hope by then,  Nigerians would have developed the courage to prevent their mandate being stolen again.
I strongly believe that if the 2011 election had not been rigged, Buhari would have emerged the clear winner.

If election after election is rigged and nothing is done to address it, then ultimate it is inevitable that a military government would return.

from  wikipedia:
Nigeria
In Nigeria, a person must be at least 40 years of age to be elected President or Vice President, 35 to be a Senator or State Governor, and 30 to be a Representative in parliament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_candidacy

Wikipedia will vote for him then. grin grin
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Relax101(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
Buhari will contest from everlasting to everlasting.
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by efisher(m): 12:29am On Sep 24, 2011
Please allow the man to rest in peace.
Last time he tried, he cried. next time he tries, he may die lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 24, 2011
Last time Buhari was head of state he rounded up every corruptm crooked and looting politican and busness people and threw them into jail.

Next time he would imprison may more possibly the fathers of the pro- corruption nairalanders
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Jakumo(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2011
Post-election genocide instigator Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, of the lost-election-with-bitter-tears fame, should consider himself lucky indeed to be elected as test-dummy in a village monkey-whipping festival. Buhari is the quintessential one-legged man in an asz-kicking contest, and as such can be expected to live out his bumbling life as the side-show freak in the 3-ring circus of Nigerian politics.

Incidentally, discerning observers do note that Ayatollah Buhari has in fact been clinically dead for five years, as evidenced by his un-natural rigidity in those rare public appearances, during which his lips never actually moved as his monotone speeches droned from cheap outdoor speakers.

Buhari remains a triumph of the embalmers art, which entitles him to lose as many elections as are conducted for the next 50 years in Nigeria.
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by mensdept: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I dont understand why you ppl continue to wish these old grandpapa on Nigeria. Are you not a Youth? Why not contest?

Keeping voting for senile old men. mtcheww.

And isnt GEJ in his early sixties? enough of this.

My dear thank you very much. They have been militartized. They open up Naija history books and all they know is Brigadier, Major General, Wing Commander, and have fallen in love with nonsense. Meanwhile, serious people in England, France, and Los Angeles continue to exploit them and they are looking for Visa to go there or to circle around a rock in Mecca lol.
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by udezue(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
LOL A pipe dream
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2011
I dont blame Buhari, I blame those who think the their destiny is tied with the old man.

If he wants to contest, no problem, yet those of us who stood against him will still be standing agaisnt him.

With or without Buhari does not deserve to rule Nigeria again after the disaster he and his mishiuded "elite" army officers brought to Nigeria. and will NEVER RULE!

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2011
^ twisting the truth

it is a matter of public record that Buhari was the only true anti-corruption leader in our country's history

He reduce inflation from 39% to 3%

Imprisoned about 500 corrupt politicians , officials and businessmen

Rejected IMF's suggestion to devalue Naira

Paid off some our debt without resorting to IMF loans ,instead resorted to bartering trade in oil, to deal with cash shortage and negate the need for IMF's toxic loans

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Delafruita(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
noblezone:
I dont blame Buhari, I blame those who think the their destiny is tied with the old man.

If he wants to contest, no problem, yet those of us who stood against him will still be standing agaisnt him.

With or without Buhari does not deserve to rule Nigeria again after the disaster he and his mishiuded "elite" army officers brought to Nigeria. and will NEVER RULE!
these words have been eaten up
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by Boss13: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lol technology is good. These days one can hardly chew back the words they say
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by dustmalik: 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Boss13:
Lol technology is good. These days one can hardly chew back the words they say
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by deviduff(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2017
Well, here we are...
Re: Can Buhari Be Fourth Time Lucky In 2015? by doingood: 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
How did we get here
Where are d youth of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

That Wicked Lie Against Governor Sullivan Chime Of Enugu State! / FG to build 5 refinery in Ogun / How Baby Would Be Born In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.