Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 (1613 Views)

Super Clean 2005 Nigeria Used Lexus Gx470 / SOLD Super Clean 2005 Nigeria Used Lexus ES330 / My Experience Buying A 2005/2006 Toyota Siena Through Gazzuzz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by DarlingtonC: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
Guys, so I saw this 2005 prado in my area. Body is fairly good and can be made great, and engine is okay too.

Interior is great.

Owner bought a new vehicle I learnt and is willing to let go.

I drove it, legs are very balanced. It's a v6.

Please is it a good deal?

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by DarlingtonC: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please advice of costs of maintenance, etc
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Kwamecron(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
Very good

Am interested
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Guys, so I saw this 2005 prado in my area. Body is fairly good and can be made great, and engine is okay too.

Interior is great.

I used to own a 2005 Prado v6.. Nice car.. But lacks the refinement of its sibling Lexus GX.. Fuel consumption is quite high and parts are expensive for a vehicle that looks like a towing van.

No allow that 2.850m price deceive you into buying what will drain you... Prado maintenance is expensive... No use big eye go buy what you feel is a cheap big vehicle.. That sort of journey hardly ever ends well.

As for me, I got tired of of the Prado looks and swapped it out for a 2007 Lexus GX470... Difference is like night and day.

Ehn, some might say they look alike.. But in very many important aspects, they don't.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Dwightventures(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
buygala:

I used to own a 2005 Prado v6.. Nice car.. But lacks the refinement of its sibling Lexus GX.. Fuel consumption is quite high and parts are expensive for a vehicle that looks like a towing van.

I got tired of of its looks and swapped it out for a 2007 Lexus GX460... Difference is like night and day.

Lol to that. I'm seeing too many Lexus SUVs these days on the road. Might as well be Nigeria's most popular SUV now
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dwightventures:

Lol to that. I'm seeing too many Lexus SUVs these days on the road. Might as well be Nigeria's most popular SUV now

The Lexus GX isn't the same as the Prado, even though they look similar at 1st glance..

The Early 2000s Prado is the one once used by the Police for Highway Patrols.. The Police still have a few of them till date..

The Lexus GX is a totally different animal.. Sleeker, quieter, more refined.. And I am yet to see any GX used by the Police for Patrol.
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by DarlingtonC: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
buygala:

No allow that 2.850m price deceive you into buying what will drain you... Prado maintenance is expensive... No use big eye go buy what you feel is a cheap big vehicle.. That sort of journey hardly ever ends well.

As for me, I got tired of of the Prado looks and swapped it out for a 2007 Lexus GX460... Difference is like night and day.

Ehn, some might say they look alike.. But in very many important aspects, they don't.
Thanks a lot Sir for your input.

I'm thinking of buying it and upgrading it to maybe 2021.

And use it for mostly business meetings and important occasions

Don't you think it will be worth it?
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by DarlingtonC: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
Kwamecron:
Very good

Am interested
You mean you want to buy it?
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Thanks a lot Sir for your input.

I'm thinking of buying it and upgrading it to maybe 2021.

And use it for mostly business meetings and important occasions

Don't you think it will be worth it?

No, I don't..

2 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by DarlingtonC: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
buygala:
[/b]

No, I don't..
Thank you Sir,

Why you think so?
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Thank you Sir,

Why you think so?

Because the money you wanna spend on buying on the cheap and upgrading a 2005 Prado to whatever will be better utilised buying another vehicle..

8 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Alex80s(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
buygala:

As for me, I got tired of of the Prado looks and swapped it out for a 2007 Lexus GX470... Difference is like night and day.

I'm curious; ; convince me on how a 4.0 litre engine , v8 lexus GX470 made a better fuel consumption than Prado 3.5 litre v6 engine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Alex80s(m): 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
DarlingtonC:

Interior is great.

Go for this car. Why do you think the said GX is cheap; na fuel consumption.

I used 2011 GX 460 for my wedding in 2018. Do you how much I spent to fuel the car from Owerri to Enugu to and fro?

The GX is a nice and rugged car, that's why people buy and upgrade it to Prado. However, it can't be better in fuel consumption.

These Prado models were used by MTN then. When it was auctioned , people that bought it refused to resell it for huge amount of money...

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Alex80s:

I'm curious; ; convince me on how a 4.0 litre engine , v8 lexus GX470 made a better fuel consumption than Prado 3.5 litre v6 engine

I don't owe you any convincing.

Shift

3 Likes

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by nathdim: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
buygala:

is there 6 plugs for gx470
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 2:49am On Apr 30, 2023
nathdim:
is there 6 plugs for gx470

No
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Jagermeister(m): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2023
buygala:

Shift

Don't be silly; why are you so salty and irritable?

This is an educative forum and you can teach him something he doesn't know that you know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Jagermeister(m): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Thank you Sir,

Why you think so?

Listen man, you only live once and sometimes there's nothing wrong in learning from your own experience(s) in life..

The very reason that dude you're asking strongly disapproves should be your driving force..

You said you want to use it for business meetings only implies that you own another car or other cars.. it'll make a nice addition to your garage if upgraded properly.. it might become your daily driver even.. with little to no regrets in the end..

It's a V6, what can possibly go so wrong?
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2023
Jagermeister:

Don't be silly; why are you so salty and irritable?

This is an educative forum and you can teach him something he doesn't know that you know.

You and him can go fvck thyselves..

If he had asked in a less entitled manner, I might have answered his questions... But e say make I convince am.. As per say him be my Phd Supervisor abi who?..

Then you barge in here claiming "educative forum" undecided.. Na by force say na me go educate am?... You wey be educator fit educate am na
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Jagermeister(m): 7:35am On Apr 30, 2023
buygala:

You and him can go fvck thyselves..

If he had asked in a less entitled manner, I might have answered his questions... But e say make I convince am.. As per say him be my Phd Supervisor abi who?..

Then you barge in here claiming "educative forum" undecided.. Na by force say na me go educate am?... You wey be educator fit educate am na

E no ask with any entitlement, na so your mind read am then add extra.. na that extra wey your mind add be the problem.

No shaking. Cool your mind and learn to dey reduce your para for your own good ehn, I no dey fvck anybody..
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by Alex80s(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2023
buygala:

Shift

You know nothing in this field. That was why you could advice someone to go for Gx470,4.0 litre ,(v8) over a prado 3.5 litre engine for fuel consumption reasons. Did you compare the two SUVs online to come to that conclusion.
You didn't reply me obvious because there was nothi to say further. That's the consequences of typing before thinking, and ghosting around every topic on nairaland.
Re: Guys Will You Buy A 2005 Nigeria Used Prado For 2.850 by buygala(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2023
Alex80s:

You know nothing in this field. That was why you could advice someone to go for Gx470,4.0 litre ,(v8) over a prado 3.5 litre engine for fuel consumption reasons. Did you compare the two SUVs online to come to that conclusion.
You didn't reply me obvious because there was nothi to say further. That's the consequences of typing before thinking, and ghosting around every topic on nairaland.

Please Sir, do an online check of the mpg stats of both vehicles and post it here,grin...

The fact that you think that vehicle fuel consumption na by number of cylinders shows you have your head up in your anus as far as this car talk section is concerned.. Try bring down your shoulder so you can learn from the masters grin

And no.. I won't explain anything to you.. If you like cry blood grin

(1) (Reply)

A Used Nissan Altima '99 Model Up For Grabs At 600k - See Images / Just For You At Easter: Something Worth Having: 2002 Toyota Camry Xle / 1991 Mack Ch613 Tractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.