Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? (1116 Views)

Five Undergraduates Die As Benz Runs Under Stationary Truck In Delta / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by jUeLiZ: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please good people, is 1.5m enough to study in Germany....
I'm asking for a friend please any meaningful contribution and way forward is welcome. Thank you
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by garriAndsugar: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
I put it to you that you're the friend

6 Likes

Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by dawnomike(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
jUeLiZ:
I'm asking for a friend please any meaningful contribution and way forward is welcome. Thank you
Tution in Germany is free... But, you may need more than 1.5 for other things cos of our yeye exchange rate
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by jUeLiZ: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
dawnomike:
Tution in Germany is free... But, you may need more than 1.5 for other things cos of our yeye exchange rate
Thank you sir for your reply. Please can you suggest how an estimated amount that could carry? Recall that one can work while studying to meet up with the bills.
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by jUeLiZ: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
garriAndsugar:
I put it to you that you're the friend
grin grin please just give give your honest input sir ....
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by jUeLiZ: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
SCAMERICA:
No
what is your estimated amount
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:06pm On May 01, 2023
dawnomike:

But I saw it somewhere that 3 million naira can't process a study trip to Germany successfully and your are here giving him hope?
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by dawnomike(m): 4:28pm On May 01, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

But I saw it somewhere that 3 million naira can't process a study trip to Germany successfully and your are here giving him hope?
Do your due research or try considering a US or Canadian school.... You can always opt for student study loan to cover your school costs
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:29pm On May 01, 2023
Even if you have the money how are you gonna get the visa? It takes a year or more to get visa appointments to Germany.
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by OluwasureGig: 4:30pm On May 01, 2023
Germans don't like going to school . Tuition is free in Germany. The only problem is blocked account and getting appointments for visa interview some have waited for over a year for an appointment
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:37pm On May 01, 2023
dawnomike:
Do your due research or try considering a US or Canadian school.... You can always opt for student study loan to cover your school costs

Left for me, I can raise the fund to 4 or 5 mill before the end of the year if the probability of getting US or Canada visa is high, but to be honest with you, I don't know what's up with the probability of getting a US or Canadian visa is after spending such amount.

Please can you guide me on way to go concerning US/Canada visa processing?
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by OkanlawonB(m): 4:48pm On May 01, 2023
jUeLiZ:

No, certainly not. Eventhough study in Germany is free for International students coming from developing countries like Nigeria you will still be required to open a blocked bank Account (Sperrkonto) with a bank in Germany with about 12K Euros. This money is meant for your upkeep for a year. You will certainly not exhauxt the money before you find a suitable student job to support yourself. For Fürther Information google the current location/contact of Goethe Institut, Lagos. It is also of great importance to learn German in Nigeria before going to Germany.
Goethe Institut Lagos offers German Language courses at all levels.
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by dawnomike(m): 9:35pm On May 01, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Left for me, I can raise the fund to 4 or 5 mill before the end of the year if the probability of getting US or Canada visa is high, but to be honest with you, I don't know what's up with the probability of getting a US or Canadian visa is after spending such amount.

Please can you guide me on way to go concerning US/Canada visa processing?
I believe you have your International passport and university unofficial transcript/certificate ready...

If you do, reach me on 0.7.0.6.8.8.0.1.4.2.7
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:44pm On May 01, 2023
dawnomike:
I believe you have your International passport and university unofficial transcript/certificate ready...

If you do, reach me on 0.7.0.6.8.8.0.1.4.2.7

Ok, I will reach you asap sir.
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by gloryhouse1: 3:51pm On May 02, 2023
No. Although, most German public universities are tuition-free, you still need to create a blocked account of €11,208.
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by jUeLiZ: 5:09pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
And how many years will you use to pay such loans?
Re: Is 1.5m Enough For Undergraduates Studies In Germany? by dawnomike(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2023
jUeLiZ:
And how many years will you use to pay such loans?
1year to 10years @ about 12% per annum

(1) (Reply)

I Need Info From Austria,spain Or Turkey / Top 10 City Skylines In The World / withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.