Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion (20755 Views)

Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / State House Clinic ‘Unfit’ To Treat Abba Kyari, Despite Gulping 13bn In 5 Years / Gov. Wike Inspects Judges Lodge Project In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by Bhella5(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
GEJ and co looted the funds
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by ArcFresky(m): 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2023
Leebeedo:
By the time tinubu gets sworn in, his first mission would be to recoup the money he spent bribing officials for his electoral "victory". Afterwards, he will focus on his health - hip replacement, kidney, liver, heart transplants and all that good stuff. Then he'll start looking young again like buhari at the moment . Lastly, he'll secure generational wealth for himself and his cronies and leave the average nigerian youth and populace in limbo. I pity all of una!

Your hatred ehn.
So naa Tinubu wan secure generational wealth?
tinubu of all people?
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by olumike001(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
donbachi:
the youths that aids bad politicians

We all have different views to people...
So don't attach any person's destiny to choices they deem fit.
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by babaRUNtinz(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
Na so óò..
ogelekpomgam:

Lols..you must be a site man. grin
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by Leebeedo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
ArcFresky:

Your hatred ehn.
So naa Tinubu wan secure generational wealth?
tinubu of all people?

It is not hatred, you know I stated facts. You've never heard the yoruba adage that says "owo n to lo wo".
Translation: The wealth of a rich man is never enough for the rich man.
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
blowjohn:

Did u read the article?

Since 2013.

Who were in power then?

You made mention of 2013 yes i read it but how many of these defaulters have they prosecuted? Non. Have you asked yourself why.

Look this present government is not capable of handling these cases cos they dont have the data base to get these individuals arrested. Have you asked yourself if they have made any effort to prevent these kind linkages to happen in the future?

If they cant find the people who committed these crimes or ammend the linkages it means they are complicit. They are only trying save face to make you believe its not there fault. Therefore the problem is left for the incoming administration to tackle of which you know will never be solved. This is pure politics my brother and nigeria is corrupt to a large extent. You are the one paying for the crimes they have committed.

If they are able to find these faults have you asked yourself the crimes apc government have committed? Obviously you can only find out when they are no longer in power. Honestly you have to liberate yourself from an imperial government of non executive director. Basically you are being played till infinity and that is called corruption.

1 Like

Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by Nyceguy92: 2:29am On May 01, 2023
theamazonguru:

Aguda House is there now.
That's where Good luck Jonathan as then VP, Namadi Sambo and Osinbajo lived.

This was a project conceived by the Goodluck Jonathan's administration.

I see.
It has now become a money pit.
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by naptu2: 2:35am On May 01, 2023
naptu2:
I am sure that many people will start arguing about this issue again without knowing the full story, so I'm going to tell you the full story, beginning from the early 1980s.

There has always been issues around the idea of Lagos being the capital of Nigeria. Some people did not want Lagos to be the capital and instead they wanted it to be joined to the Western Region. The Action Group even offered to pay the Federal Government to find another place to be the capital. Meanwhile, some people in Lagos did not want Lagos to be the capital, neither did they want Lagos to join the Western Region. They felt that Lagos could stand on its own (Gedegbe l’Eko wa) and they wanted a Lagos State.

There was also the problem of what will happen if one party controls the Federal Government and another party controls Lagos.

The search for a new capital began in the Gowon era, but General Gowon was overthrown before a new capital could be found. Justice Akinola Aguda headed the committee that eventually recommended the present FCT as the new capital and their recommendation was accepted by General Murtala Muhammed.

President Shehu Shagari took the idea of a new capital very seriously. I have previously told you about the friction between the NPN controlled Federal Government and the UPN controlled Lagos State Government. So President Shagari seriously wanted to move to Abuja. He held the first Independence Day parade in Abuja and therefore, the Akinola Aguda Lodge was built as a place for him to stay while he was in Abuja.

That is issue number 1. The Akinola Aguda House.

It was actually just a make-shift house, so that the president could stay there when he was in Abuja.

General Ibrahim Babangida also staged Independence Day parades in Abuja, but work on Abuja slowed down a bit because of the economic crisis.

There was a master plan for Abuja and in that master plan the presidential palace was meant to be at a certain location. However, no president has actually lived there. That place is now the Shehu Shagari Complex and it serves as the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

That is issue number 2, the Shehu Shagari Complex.

Three things happened in the late 1980s and early 1990s. (A) There was the very violent 1989 SAP riot (B) there was the very violent Orkar Coup in 1990 and (C) there was the Gulf War windfall.

A and B made President Babangida want to leave Lagos and C gave him the money to do it.

The Aso Rock Villa was built to serve as the new presidential palace. That area was originally meant to be a green area in the Abuja master plan.

That is issue number 3: The Aso Rock Villa

Now we are getting close to the most relevant issue.

The Federal Government moved to Abuja in 1991, but everything wasn't ready. It was important (for optics) that both Babangida and Aikhomu moved to Abuja. The service chiefs and others remained in Lagos, but Babangida and Aikhomu had to move to Abuja. But there was a problem. The Vice President's residence was not ready! So where would Aikhomu stay?

An agreement was reached. The Supreme Court was not ready to move to Abuja, but the Chief Justice's residence was ready. Therefore, Aikhomu would stay in the Chief Justice's residence.

That is issue 4: The Chief Justice's Residence.

Aikhomu, Diya, Aikhigbe and Atiku stayed at the Chief Justice's residence.

However, there was friction between Obasanjo and Atiku at the tail end of the Obasanjo era.

You see, Abacha had forced the Supreme Court to move to Abuja during the June 12 case and the Chief Justice now lived in temporary accommodation in Abuja. The Judiciary Committees of the Senate and House of Representatives then complained that the vice president was living in the chief justice's house. (I suspect that President Obasanjo had a hand in that complaint). The Federal Government then decided that the vice president should move into the Akinola Aguda House, so that the chief justice can take back the house that was originally built for him.

At this point I need to tell you more about the Akinola Aguda House.

I said that Akinola Aguda House was a makeshift house when Shagari lived there. It was decided that Aguda House should be the guest house of the president and that a befitting house should be built. The contract was awarded, but it kept dragging on. I remember when Jerry Useni was minister of the FCT. He kept promising that the house would be completed, but it was not completed.

Then Nigeria was to host the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in 2003 and it was decided that Akinola House should be rebuilt so that Queen Elizabeth could stay there for the summit. It was at this time that it was finally completed.

So they asked Atiku to go and live there. However, Aguda House was within the Aso Rock precinct and Atiku did not trust Obasanjo, so he refused to move there and instead moved into his private house in Abuja.

However, after the 2007 elections, Niger Delta militants attacked Dr Goodluck Jonathan's personal house in Bayelsa. Luckily he was not there at the time. The National Security Adviser therefore advised President Obasanjo that a safe place needed to be found for the vice-president-elect to stay. Eventually it was decided that he should stay at Akinola Aguda House, which is the presidential guest house.

All vice presidents since then; Namadi Sambo and Yemi Osinbajo, have stayed at Aguda House.

But I told you that Aguda House was the presidential guest house. So where was the vice president originally supposed to stay.

I told you that the vice president's residence was not ready when Admiral Aikhomu wanted to move to Abuja in 1991. It is still not ready today. They kept adding things to the complex and it became like a mini Aso Rock Villa. There's supposed to be a banquet hall, swimming pool, etc.

The National Assembly rejected the cost that was presented to it during the Goodluck Jonathan era and that stalled the project. In 2015 or 2016 Vice President Osinbajo said that it was a waste of money and that the Federal Government was not interested in spending money on it. Nothing has been done about it since then.

That is our 5th issue. The Vice President's Residence.

That is the background story behind this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7671831/vps-lodge-project-stalled-after
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by simfrost90210: 2:49am On May 01, 2023
1950Mack:
grin just 6billion... small money... una never spend reach 100billion in 30years... radarada... abeg shey d work still dey make I kon chop my own share.... I have about 7 tippers and access to 3 quarries both in Ogun state and Abuja... if una need more granite call me... if una need more construction experts I full ground too... we go gather chop this country together... emuse wao grin

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by simfrost90210: 2:50am On May 01, 2023
On a serious note ...
It Is Unfortunately Unfortunate sad
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by blowjohn(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

You made mention of 2013 yes i read it but how many of these defaulters have they prosecuted? Non. Have you asked yourself why.

Look this present government is not capable of handling these cases cos they dont have the data base to get these individuals arrested. Have you asked yourself if they have made any effort to prevent these kind linkages to happen in the future?

If they cant find the people who committed these crimes or ammend the linkages it means they are complicit. They are only trying save face to make you believe its not there fault. Therefore the problem is left for the incoming administration to tackle of which you know will never be solved. This is pure politics my brother and nigeria is corrupt to a large extent. You are the one paying for the crimes they have committed.

If they are able to find these faults have you asked yourself the crimes apc government have committed? Obviously you can only find out when they are no longer in power. Honestly you have to liberate yourself from an imperial government of non executive director. Basically you are being played till infinity and that is called corruption.

Hmm.
Well it's their children they're playing.
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by Escarpon(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2023
donbachi:
If you're 22 today,8years time you will turn 30.
Your dream of owning a mansion, marrying at 25, traveling all over the world at 27, driving lambo, Ferrari and Bugatti... will all be shattered.
Do you know why?
You destroyed your future today with your own hands.
speak for yourself not others
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2023
babaRUNtinz:
Na so óò..
Welcome to the club. grin.oo.oo.kk.
Hope your bending schedules are always on point..
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by murtalaa(m): 12:00pm On May 01, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
Corruption resides in Nigeria

And that can never change...

And Nigeria will continue to house the world's poorest

Until we eshew Tribalism and religious bigotry in electing those that will pilot the affairs of this country..

As we speak, that are people on this forum, hungry and unemployed, defending APc , Buhari's administration all on the alter of religious affiliation and tribalism

And I say to Nigerians.. fasten your seatbelts..
The mother of all hardships is on the horizon.
Herdsmen and Bandits will run your villages..
many will beg for water to drink as hunger strikes.
Benin republic will be deport Nigerians..
Naira will be a tissue paper..
Many west African countries has steady power right now.. but not Nigeria, even in next 20 years.

I'm not a prophet of doom, as some of these events are already in motion..
Only shall we behold and see the reward of the wicked..
I thought we elected Obi?
Re: VP’s Lodge Project Stalled After Gulping ₦6 Billion by zombieHUNTER: 12:47pm On May 01, 2023
murtalaa:

I thought we elected Obi?

Thieves actually bought the election..

What I listed up there is the repercussions of their actions ...
but it shall consume them and their supporters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe / Yobe North: Machina Alerts INEC Over Forged Withdrawal Letter In Lawan’s Favour / Tinubu Attends Maulud Nabiyy Celebration In Minna (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.