Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Which Of This Job Should He Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of This Job Should He Go For? (9863 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which Job Should I Pick? / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
All offers are at hand

A. A Federal Polytechnic Assistant Lecturer job that offers around 150k Monthly Gross. (High job security, more relaxing time to run one or two things)

B. A full time job at A Multi National Company that offers 350k Monthly Gross. (Less job security, tight schedule)

All offers are at hand ✋

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by money121(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
FG job is the death of creativity especially if it's your sole income with no side hustle. If you have a solid side hustle and want time go for the lecturing job, if you want career progression with barely anytime for yourself or a side hustle then pick the private job.

Job security is a myth, anything can happen anywhere anytime. The best security is your skills or your side hustle. I have seen people who spent over two decades in a bank and some who couldn't last 5 years in a government job with nothing to show for it. Can't even get a private job with the FG job experience cause he was basically just warming bench all through the 5 years.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by IyaTola: 3:24am On May 01, 2023
Since it's a Federal Poly, it the best because with 150k gross, having time for yourself cannot be over-emphasized
1. As a Federal lecturer, you can sell hand outs with reckless abandon (profit gotten from handouts can set up a business center, see 5 for further details).
2. Your grades are for the highest bidder especially when you set difficult questions.
3. You have opportunities for the students to do your bidding if you get my drift.
4. You can choose to come to class if you so wish.
5. Students MUST use your shop/business center for their photocopies and project work
6. Unlimited access to ladies skirts
7. Job security is guaranteed because you can falsify your age to prolong your stay in service.

Disadvantage
1. Strikes
2. Inability to send your kids (born and unborn) to private school

However, for private organization and a multinational at that, you have to be at your "A" game every time.
- Target's must be met
- Opportunity to grow in your career path
- Attending courses is a MUST
- Benefit package is rewarding

Demerits
1. Working late's nights to meet targets
2. Travelling a lot
3. Spend little or not time for family
4. No job security because you could be laid off

Conclusions:
Choose multinational over federal ploy because of strike, once you retire, to collect your pension na war
Kindly confirm if the 350k is net or gross

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 5:09am On May 01, 2023
IyaTola:
Since it's a Federal Poly, it the best because with 150k gross, having time for yourself cannot be over-emphasized
1. As a Federal lecturer, you can sell hand outs with reckless abandon (profit gotten from handouts can set up a business center, see 5 for further details).
2. Your grades are for the highest bidder especially when you set difficult questions.
3. You have opportunities for the students to do your bidding if you get my drift.
5. Students MUST use your shop/business center for their photocopies and project work
7. Job security is guaranteed because you can falsify your age to prolong your stay in service.

Disadvantage
1. Strikes

However, for private organization and a multinational at that, you have to be at your "A" game every time.
- Target's must be met

Demerits
2. Travelling a lot

Conclusions:
Choose multinational over federal ploy because of strike, once you retire, to collect your pension na war

It is Gross
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 5:13am On May 01, 2023
Got skills, thanks for your input

Idrismusty97:
FG job is the death creativity especially if it's your sole income with no side hustle. If you have a solid side hustle and want time go for the lecturing job, if you want career progression with barely anytime for yourself or a side hustle then pick the private job.

Job security is a myth, anything can happen anywhere anytime. The best security is your skills or your side hustle. I have seen people who spent over two decades in a bank and some who couldn't last 5 years in a government with nothing to show for it. Can't even get a private job with the FG job experience cause he was basically just warming bench all through the 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by MVLOX(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2023
I will b back

3 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by deewhydoski(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2023
Idrismusty97:
FG job is the death creativity especially if it's your sole income with no side hustle. If you have a solid side hustle and want time go for the lecturing job, if you want career progression with barely anytime for yourself or a side hustle then pick the private job.

Job security is a myth, anything can happen anywhere anytime. The best security is your skills or your side hustle. I have seen people who spent over two decades in a bank and some who couldn't last 5 years in a government with nothing to show for it. Can't even get a private job with the FG job experience cause he was basically just warming bench all through the 5 years.
@Trulydude pls go for this advice.. Are you someone that is aiming high in academics?, Do you have passion for research? Do you have passion for lecturing? Ask yourself this question before you jump into conclusion.
I'm in a federal civil servant and I can tell you federal job sometime make someone to lose vision and focus, you will just be collecting salary without any work experience. If you are the type that love challenges and want to always want to do new things go for 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Trulydude(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2023
Thanks
deewhydoski:

@Trulydude pls go for this advice.. Are you someone that is aiming high in academics?, Do you have passion for research? Do you have passion for lecturing? Ask yourself this question before you jump into conclusion.
I'm in a federal civil servant and I can tell you federal job sometime make someone to lose vision and focus, you will just be collecting salary without any work experience. If you are the type that love challenges and want to always want to do new things go for 2
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by lavylilly: 10:26am On May 01, 2023
Trulydude:
Thanks
What's your passion?
Are you married?
Do you have dependants?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by VTJN(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2023
Option 2
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Lisaint(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2023
How are people getting all this high playing private job and federal job in the country.....
I'm available FOR LINK UP PLEASE

help a fustrated graduate please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Pojomojo: 3:55pm On May 01, 2023
Lisaint:
How are people getting all this high playing private job and federal job in the country.....
I'm available FOR LINK UP PLEASE

help a fustrated graduate please
What can you do?
What's your experience?
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Nairalander248: 1:23pm On May 04, 2023
Anyone your heart go for
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Deeprooted: 1:24pm On May 04, 2023
He already knows what he wants.

From the way he discribed the two job offers, you can tell he's made up his mind already.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by eneyomike(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2023
Trulydude:
All offers are at hand

A. A Federal Polytechnic Assistant Lecturer job that offers around 150k Monthly Gross. (High job security, more relaxing time to run one or two things)

B. A full time job at A Multi National Company that offers 350k Monthly Gross. (Less job security, tight schedule)

All offers are at hand ✋

Abeg make una link me to one
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Xlogistics(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2023
What’s your guts telling you ?

Meanwhile any man who is suffering from Erectile dysfunction your cure is here. With only fruits and veg you can 100 percent fix yourself.

Mention me for the cook book
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Ara21(f): 1:25pm On May 04, 2023
Follow your heart. The one you have passion for.
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Femisol(m): 1:27pm On May 04, 2023
If you cherish your I.Q dearly and don’t want to question your sanity or existence, pls go for the Multinational straight away.
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by NaijaCover(m): 1:27pm On May 04, 2023
Is Available, To Guide You

Stay Out Of BAD NEWS, , Cares!
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 1:27pm On May 04, 2023
Which Federal Polytechnic pays an assistant lecturer 150k. Dey play
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by joachimnkenchor(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2023
Please after choosing the one you want
Link me up for the other one
Abeg
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by matrixme(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2023
Why will you want to stiffle your creativity by becoming a lecturer? Do you see lecturers looking very OK financially? They are always at the mercy of government with just a little to live by. With the private job offer, you have the opportunity for fast career progression and with the high salary bracket, it seems its an high demand job which you will do for a few years and migrate abroad. Choose wisely bro!
A bird at hand worth's two (of the lecturer job offers) in the bush.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by staga: 1:30pm On May 04, 2023
IyaTola:

Disadvantage
1. Strikes

- Target's must be met

Demerits
2. Travelling a lot

Conclusions:

All what you wrote as "merits" for the Fed job are all grounds for dismissal as they are against the code of conduct.

7 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Easybet1(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2023
How many time will this make frontpage ? Is this not the same topic that enter frontpage last week ?

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Flango: 1:31pm On May 04, 2023
shocked
First, the multi national pays more, which is a plus.

Beyond the money, I believe you will become a better human being by choosing the multi national. The job will demand the best from you; you'll be forced to develop yourself; if there's a new technology in your field, the company will most likely adopt it, giving you the opportunity to learn. Then there's the contact with high performance people which is good for growth. You develop discipline too. For example, you can't decide to miss work for no reason, you must show up everyday. Unlike the other one where you might skip work to go visit your side chick, without repercussions.

But you can choose the lecturing job if the field of academia is your dream career. Then it becomes a good place to start.

All depends on what you demand from yourself. Do you want a laid back system or a high level system? It depends on your ideals in life.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by ebunchi(f): 1:31pm On May 04, 2023
A full time job at A Multi National Company that offers 350k Monthly Gross. (Less job security, tight schedule) this job is better , you will gain industry experience and growth.

in need of a frontend developer job. Thanks
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by MadarasBlade(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2023
ZIKORAMAMACHI:
Which Federal Polytechnic pays an assistant lecturer 150k. Dey play

Too poor or too much?
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by GboyegaD(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2023
We talk about our lecturers not been up to standard and now I know why they cannot. When most people believe the free time of a lecture is to hustle and not develop himself and do research, what do we expect?

3 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Pootle: 1:46pm On May 04, 2023
staga:

All what you wrote as "merits" for the Fed job are all grounds for dismissal as they are against the code of conduct.

which code...the one lecturer dey slap student cos of ordinary dress code
Re: Which Of This Job Should He Go For? by Jokerman(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2023
Go Multi National o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Housing Authority Asokoro, Is Collecting C.v For Those In Abuja / 2013 Latest Job Opportunity ( Abuja Only ) / Unable To Submit My Npower Acceptance Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.