Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,049 members, 7,863,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Fights Dirty With Referee Paul Tierney - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Fights Dirty With Referee Paul Tierney (206 Views)

Tierney Shares Update From Hospital Bed After Having Shoulder Surgery / Kierian Tierney Breaks Arsenal Jump Record Despite Injury / Arsenal Sign Kieran Tierney From Celtic For Reported £25m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Fights Dirty With Referee Paul Tierney by Chikwes: 11:30am On May 01, 2023
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes referee Paul Tierney has something “against” his team following their 4-3 win over Tottenham.
Diogo Jota scored an injury time winner for Liverpool just 99 seconds after Richarlison tied the game at 3-3, with Liverpool leading 3-0 after 15 minutes.

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

Klopp was upset that Spurs were given a free kick that led to their equalizer,

so he approached the fourth official after the winner, screamed at him, and injured his leg in front of the Tottenham bench.

After his celebration, the referee issued him a yellow card.

“We have our history with Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “He has said there [are] no problems but that cannot be true.

“How he looks at me, I don’t understand it. In England nobody has to clarify these situations, it’s really tricky and hard to understand.

“What he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not OK.”

Meanwhile PGMOL, a body responsible for Premier League referees, said:

“PGMOL is aware of the comments made by Jurgen Klopp after his side’s fixture with Tottenham Hotspur.

“Match officials in the Premier League are recorded in all games via a communications system.

“Having fully reviewed the audio of referee Paul Tierney from today’s fixture, we can confirm he acted in a professional manner throughout including when issuing the caution to the Liverpool manager.

“So, therefore, we strongly refute any suggestion that Tierney’s actions were improper.”

Former England striker Alan Shearer told BBC Match of the Day: “Paul Tierney could have sent Diogo Jota off and he [Klopp] isn’t too quick to mention that.

“Jurgen Klopp was lucky, when he went to the fourth official, just to get the yellow card and it’s not the first time he has done it.”

https://fmgist.com/i-dont-know-what-he-has-against-us-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-fights-dirty-with-referee-paul-tierney/

(1) (Reply)

Deal Agreed! Jude Bellingham To Real Madrid! / 230 Odds / Manchester United Midfielder Donny Van De Beek Returns To Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.