Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Interview With Lukman Nurudeen, An International Multiaward Winning Writer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Interview With Lukman Nurudeen, An International Multiaward Winning Writer (202 Views)

Pretty Mike & Andre Blaze Henshaw Allegedly Raped/assaulted Award Winning Writer / Nurudeen Abass Blinkz Stabbed To Death (Photos) / ‘I Was Born Blind’ – Chidinma Ekile Reveals In New Interview With Guardian Magaz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Lukman Nurudeen, An International Multiaward Winning Writer by NewsShow: 2:34pm On May 01, 2023
[center]INTERVIEW WITH LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI[/center]

Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi is a true visionary who has dedicated his life to using poetry and activism as a means to inspire positive social change. In this captivating interview, he shares his insights on the complex relationship between art and activism, and how the two can be used in tandem to bring about lasting transformation. Drawing on his vast experience as a poet and social justice advocate, Nurudeen explores the ways in which language, storytelling, and art can be harnessed to inspire action and create a more just and equitable world.

Nurudeen's words are not only deeply inspiring, but also deeply practical. He offers valuable advice to aspiring poets and activists on how to effectively use their craft to bring about real change, emphasizing the importance of staying true to oneself, having a clear message, and taking concrete action to make a difference. Throughout the interview, he stresses the need for a more equitable and just society, and invites us to join the ongoing struggle for social change.

In addition, Nurudeen shares his personal journey as a poet and social justice advocate, reflecting on the influential figures who have shaped his worldview and artistic vision. From Wole Soyinka to Maya Angelou, these individuals have played a critical role in inspiring Nurudeen'[/b]s work, and continue to influence his thinking today.

Through his words, [b]Nurudeen
demonstrates the transformative power of art and activism, and inspires us to join the movement for a more just and equitable world. This interview is a testament to Lukman's extraordinary talent, unwavering commitment to social justice, and enduring legacy as a poet and activist.

The following is an interview with[b] Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi[/b], a multi-award-winning poet and activist.

INTERVIEWER: Could you tell us about how you became interested in poetry and activism?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: Thank you for asking. My interest in poetry and activism began when I was a child. I discovered the power of words to express emotions and ideas creatively and began writing poetry at the age of 8. As I continued writing through secondary school, my passion for poetry grew, and I was inspired by the work and life of Nigerian poet and activist Wole Soyinka. I realized that poetry could be a powerful tool for social change, and I wanted to use my writing to promote world peace and humanity.

As a teacher, I shared my passion for poetry with my colleagues and students, which inspired many. I never imagined that my passion for poetry would lead me to the world stage. I believe that poetry and activism can be a powerful force for good when combined.

INTERVIEWER: What inspired you to use your poetry as a tool for activism?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: I believe in the power of words to effect change, and poetry, in particular, has a unique ability to convey complex ideas and emotions in a beautiful and impactful way. My passion for promoting peace, justice, and equality for all people has always been a driving force behind my poetry. I believe that words have the power to heal, comfort, challenge, and inspire, and through my poetry, I have found a way to contribute to these causes meaningfully.

By using my poetry as a tool for activism, I hope to inspire others to join me in the fight for a better world. Each of us has a role to play, and by working together, we can create positive change that will benefit all of humanity.

INTERVIEWER: Can you describe your creative process when writing poetry that tackles social issues?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: Certainly. My creative process when writing poetry that tackles social issues begins with a deep understanding of the issue at hand. I make it a priority to gain knowledge on the issue, including its root causes and effects. Then, I tap into my innermost thoughts and emotions to create a piece that not only captures the essence of the issue but also sparks empathy and inspires action.

My creative process also involves brainstorming and approaching the issue from different angles and perspectives. I believe in the power of words to inspire change, so I strive to find the right words and expressions to convey my message in the most powerful and beautiful way possible.

Finally, I share my work with others, seeking feedback and gaining insight into how my poem is being received. I believe that poetry is not just a form of self-expression but a means to connect with others and promote positive change.

INTERVIEWER: How do you balance the demands of art and activism?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: As a poet and activist, I strongly believe that art and activism can be complementary. Both require passion and dedication, and both have the potential to make a significant impact. Balancing the demands of art and activism requires discipline and time management. I set priorities and create schedules that allow me to work on my art and activism effectively. I also find inspiration in the world around me, which fuels my creativity and passion for activism.

INTERVIEWER: Could you share with us which poets or activists have had the most significant influence on your work?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: As a poet and activist, I have drawn inspiration from several influential figures who have utilized their art and activism to effect positive change in the world. Two individuals who have notably influenced my work are Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka and Maya Angelou, the renowned activist and poet.

Wole Soyinka's works have been a source of unending inspiration to me. His masterful use of language to address social issues in poetry and plays such as "Death and the King's Horseman" and "A Dance of the Forests" has taught me the significant role that art can play in promoting social change. This has served as a powerful reminder that as an artist, I have a responsibility to utilize my voice to make a difference. The Yoruba saying, "The mouth that says nothing commits no crime," echoes this sentiment.

Maya Angelou was not only an exceptional poet but also a powerful activist who fought for civil rights and equality. Her words continue to resonate, and her commitment to justice and equality serves as a potent reminder of the power of activism. Her statement, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel," serves as a reminder that the impact of our art and activism goes beyond mere words and actions; it is about inspiring emotions and creating lasting change.

In essence, the works of Wole Soyinka and Maya Angelou have taught me that art and activism are two sides of the same coin. They have inspired me to use my voice and art to create positive change in the world. As the Yoruba saying goes, "A single tree does not make a forest," and I am proud to be part of a long line of artists and activists working together to create a better world for all.

INTERVIEWER: What advice would you give to young poets who want to use their work to effect social change?

LUKMAN NURUDEEN ADENIYI: For young poets looking to make a difference through their poetry, my recommendation is simple but impactful: stay true to yourself.

In a world where the voices of marginalized groups are frequently disregarded or muted, poetry can serve as a powerful tool to amplify those voices and spur change. However, we must be genuine and brave enough to express our thoughts on issues that are important to us. It is our responsibility to utilize our voices to speak out against injustice and inequality and motivate others to do the same.

Furthermore, we must be deliberate in our messaging and intended audience. Who are we attempting to connect with through our poetry? What ideas are we striving to convey? As the Yoruba saying goes, "The hunter who knows his prey is the one who will catch it." Therefore, we must equip ourselves and be strategic in our approach.

It is also critical to understand that poetry alone cannot drive social change. We must be willing to take action and work diligently to bring about the change we desire. As poet and activist June Jordan famously stated, "We are the ones we have been waiting for." We must be the change we seek and use our poetry to inspire others to join us in the pursuit of justice and equality.

In conclusion, we hope that you have been enlightened and inspired by these thought-provoking interviews with the distinguished poet and activist, Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi. His words have been like a powerful symphony, harmoniously combining the elements of art and activism to create a masterpiece of social change. He has reminded us of the importance of embracing our creativity and using it as a tool for positive transformation.

We are immensely grateful to Nurudeen for his generosity in sharing his time, wisdom, and insights with us. His passion for social justice is like a blazing fire that ignites our souls and moves us to action. We are humbled to have had the privilege of learning from him.

We would also like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to you, dear reader, for embarking on this journey with us. Through these interviews, we hope that you have gained a deeper understanding of the power of language, storytelling, and art in effecting positive social change. We hope that Lukman's words have inspired you to take action in your own communities and make a difference.

Remember that every voice counts, and every action matters. Like a chorus of voices coming together in perfect harmony, our collective efforts can create a better world for all. Let us continue to learn, grow, and inspire one another, as we work towards a more just and equitable society.

Thank you for joining us on this remarkable journey of discovery and inspiration. We look forward to sharing more thought-provoking and inspiring content with you in the future. Keep the flame of creativity burning, and let us continue to be the change we want to see in the world.

(1) (Reply)

African Movie Maker, Don Charles Scouts For International Island For Shoot / Best Advice For Younger People To Make It In Nigeria Currently / Ragnarok: Tangible, Solid, And Artistic by Andrea Duobah George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.