Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,700 members, 7,823,971 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) (23095 Views)

Vehicle Conveying A Corpse Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (video) / Trailer-Loaded With Beer Falls Along Oji River Axis Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by TUBLEZ(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

The bullshit. I think you're projecting your village on Lagos.

Meanwhile, Lagos-Ibadan express is a federal road, not necessarily Lagos government's responsibility. Lagos government will first have to take orders from the federal government if they want to do anything. They can't do anything without federal government giving them the go ahead first. Moreover, flooding is not an unusual sight.. it happens everywhere, including in European countries. Of course measures need to be taken to control it.

Where all the money went?

First, let me point out that someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

So what the money was used for?

Investment into Lekki seaport.

Investment into Eko Atlantic

Investment into largest Africa rice mills.

Investment into metro rail.

Investment into Lekki free trade zone.

Good health care and services.

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions..

And so-on..
don't mind them ,that axis is even ogun state: Lagos stops at berger new garage

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by jidxin(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2023
Massiveglory:
See lagoon. Sorry lagos
long bridge is in ogun state
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by jidxin(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
Lagos is the biggest contradiction in the world today.
The 5th largest economy in Africa ( which means it generates huge income),
yet one of the most unliveable places in the world due to
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.

The question begging to be answered is where has all this huge income gone?
long bridge is in Ogun STATE
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by jidxin(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2023
TavorJohn:
Lag is is working
Long bridge is in ogun state
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by MeineMutter: 12:14pm On May 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The same man has just been selected as president of federal republic of Nigeria angry

First of all, the pix you are seen is in Ogun State not Lagos State so save your hatred for another thing on Lagos State.

Secondly, the road is Federal Highway being reconstructed and that axis is a low-level terrain from which water from Oyan River flows through Kara (still in Ogun State) into Lagos lagoon and the. Into the Atlantic Ocean.

You should have directed your sh.allow sense of anger to FERMA or Fed Min of Works that’s foot-dragging on the construction of the road.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Archmed001: 12:26pm On May 02, 2023
Olukat:
Lagos needs to get Joe Ogbukwe to work shocked shocked
The drainage needs a proper cleanup and reconstructions.
One of the reasons the electric bus won't work efficiently

That place is Ogun state long bridge is Ogun not Lagos
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Archmed001: 12:28pm On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:
lack of social and health services, lack of order, no electricity, bad electricity, bad roads, bad transportation, no flood prevention, bad emergency services, failing schools, bad policing, bad sanitation and more.

Long bridge is located in ogun state not Lagos state please you people should get your fact Lagos start from begger
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Archmed001: 12:29pm On May 02, 2023
Massiveglory:
See lagoon. Sorry lagos

That place is not Lagos, long bridge is located in ogun state not Lagos
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by shegzhkn: 12:33pm On May 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Many inconveniences. She’s my home, I love her and why I bother to criticize.
Really, you bother to criticize because she is your home ??, is she not when you decided anyone criticizing the nation is doing a disserve to her.
I've always had this thinking that one unpleasant experience and you could be in trouble which may end one's live, experiences like robbery, health emergency, injustice, etc and no one will be held to account.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by MeineMutter: 12:41pm On May 02, 2023
adesaeed2020:

So, is that place part of Lagos?
Your hatred for Lagos is second to none. Learn before spitting rubish. Anything from Kara bridge is ogun state.
Moreover, it's Federal road.

More clarification: anything from beger bridge (underpass to Olowo Ira and to River View Estate or Ojodu side, that’s where Ogun State starts.

A lot of them have never being to Lagos in their lives. They have spent more than 25 years in that their Ihiala village or Eseokposi.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by hush15: 12:51pm On May 02, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GqCW-pnubg

A video that surfaced on Monday has shown the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway long bridge submerged following rainfall.

The expressway has also been closed to traffic.

In the video, a voice could be heard saying, "This is long bridge."

Source- https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1653141504469135362

The Long Bridge is part of Ogun State but is a federal route cos it's the entry bridge into Ogun State proper after Lagos Exit at Berger and border town Kara of Ogun State. It is the beginning of the Lagos-Ibadan Express way. For me, Lagos has no say in this but Ogun State.

OGUN STATE governor should be held accountable locally but on a national scale, federal government who has been behind the construction of the road for some time now is the bigger fault. Lagos-Ibadan has been under rehab for sometime now and those living in that axis have had their fair share of traffic gridlock because of the massive reconstruction going on there and in all of this, they haven't considered the drainage system for that highway. It's sad that with the slow pace of work happening on that site, draining wasn't factored, which is obviously the case of the long bridge. With all the spending, I don't know why drains and channels or canals to direct floods in the path to go should be looked into extensively before project execution.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by chinchum(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2023
Tntsi:

That section is even in Ogun state, but hate for Lagos wont let you see road. In your small mind, take note that flooding can be natural.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by nony43(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2023
DOptical:

The express isn't even in Lagos but Ogun state. Also the federal government has to give the state the go ahead first. Haven't you seen where federal government took an individual to a court because the individual wanted to construct a road.. I think such policy needs to be reviewed.

Let me cite Akwa ibom as an example, Akpabio worked the whole federal roads with Julius Berger. I don’t know if FG reimbursed him.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 2:13pm On May 02, 2023
shegzhkn:

Really, you bother to criticize because she is your home ??, is she not when you decided anyone criticizing the nation is doing a disserve to her.
I've always had this thinking that one unpleasant experience and you could be in trouble which may end one's live, experiences like robbery, health emergency, injustice, etc and no one will be held to account.

Personally I don’t care what you choose to think of Nigeria. That’s on you.

PS: I’ll leave this site if you can prove that I ever posted that “is she not when you decided anyone criticizing the nation is doing a disserve to her.”

Abeg. I’m done proving points on NairaLand. Pick another username to banter with out of the 100,000
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Oxtertee(m): 3:33pm On May 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
And no be even Lagos but Lagos-Ibadan Expressway which can be either Ogun state or Oyo State!

Once they see Lagos like this...they become EEiidiots!

And na there them dey scot!

That stretch of the road is on the Lagos side not ogun neither oyo state.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by biodunid: 4:56pm On May 02, 2023
And Long Bridge is located in Ogun state actually but haters must hate.
DOptical:

The bullshit. I think you're projecting your village on Lagos.

Meanwhile, Lagos-Ibadan express is a federal road, not necessarily Lagos government's responsibility. Lagos government will first have to take orders from the federal government if they want to do anything. They can't do anything without federal government giving them the go ahead first. Moreover, flooding is not an unusual sight.. it happens everywhere, including in European countries. Of course measures need to be taken to control it.

Where all the money went?

First, let me point out that someone made such economy possible for Lagos to be generating a lot of money despite the fact that he met little, not helped by the seizure of Lagos' allocation by Obasanjo

So what the money was used for?

Investment into Lekki seaport.

Investment into Eko Atlantic

Investment into largest Africa rice mills.

Investment into metro rail.

Investment into Lekki free trade zone.

Good health care and services.

Regular payment of salaries and Pensions..

And so-on..

1 Like

Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by AntiChristian: 5:47pm On May 02, 2023
Oxtertee:

That stretch of the road is on the Lagos side not ogun neither oyo state.

What part of Lagos exactly?
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Oxtertee(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

What part of Lagos exactly?

That's the bridge before Kara market inward Lagos (berger)
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by AutoRedux: 11:08pm On May 02, 2023
Junk State.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Larrydeko2987: 7:51am On May 03, 2023
Tntsi:

Where are you from? Which of the area are you leaving that there is no electricity?
Mention your state here let's compare
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Larrydeko2987: 7:52am On May 03, 2023
Larrydeko2987:

Where are you from? Which of the area are you leaving that there is no electricity?
.*living*
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Larrydeko2987: 7:55am On May 03, 2023
biodunid:
And Long Bridge is located in Ogun state actually but haters must hate.

The haters will always hate. Let them mention where they came from I want to check something
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Tntsi: 9:18am On May 03, 2023
Larrydeko2987:

Dull man, I am a lagosian.
Re: Rain Floods Long Bridge Axis Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video, Photos) by Trackster: 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
Laveq:
please why do you think I am a scammer I am not

Yes you are a shameless scammer oshii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Accident At Freedom Park, Osogbo Today (Photos) / How Much Does My Friend Need As Bta To Enter Usa / The Return Of Parked Trucks On Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.