Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google (28230 Views)

Hidden Dangers Of Wrong Hosting: Don't Miss Out! || Best Wordpress Hosting / Hidden Dangers Of Wrong Hosting: Don't Miss Out! || Best Wordpress Hosting / 6 Dangers Of Guest Blogging You Were Never Told (A Detailed Insight) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by geoworldedu: 8:06pm On May 02, 2023
Khafsun:

A simple Google search will educate you bro.
Like we are all tagged Christians or Muslims in Nigeria doesn't mean we are that religious. So if we who don't go to church or mosque but eventually invent something, because we fill employment forms as Christians and we also didn't tell parents and relatives that we don't practise Christianity or Islam again, then history will still have us as Christians abi? That's what happened to many scientists of those days. They would have been killed if they had declared their new Faith of irreligiousity openly.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Khafsun: 8:17pm On May 02, 2023
geoworldedu:
Like we are all tagged Christians or Muslims in Nigeria doesn't mean we are that religious. So if we who don't go to church or mosque but eventually invent something, because we fill employment forms as Christians and we also didn't tell parents and relatives that we don't practise Christianity or Islam again, then history will still have us as Christians abi? That's what happened to many scientists of those days. They would have been killed if they had declared their new Faith of irreligiousity openly.
No need for story. Read about these people and tell me if what they represented was Christianity or Islam by name or not. It's either what I'm saying is a lie or not. There's no need for hypothesis. Confirm if these guys were religious or not.
Your last sentence already proves the problem. You believe that to make strides in science you must not believe in God hence, when they made strides in science, they did not believe in God and hid it. Na why you say dem no declare their "irreligiousity" cause you're in their and mind and so certain that with the strides they made, they CAN'T be believers.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Youngzedd(m): 8:25pm On May 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
Artificial intelligence and astrology have one deceiving thing in common.
They try to sell Certainty about future events, when in fact all they provide is guesstimate.

Many will open themselves up to demons in the name of artificial intelligence.
Be careful . Be vigilant. Be wise.

Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJiNnhpF0M using a VPN.

Let me know what you think.

Also try to verify what they are saying.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by helicoptarr: 8:34pm On May 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
They try to sell Certainty about future events, when in fact all they provide is guesstimate.

Sadly, the average human is oblivious to the actual purpose of these advanced technologies.

Unfortunately, by the time many will the realise the truth about this and many more contemporary developments, it will be too late.

We must prepare for the return of our Lord and accept the simplicity of His gospel of salvation.

1 Like

Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Globad(f): 8:59pm On May 02, 2023
Righteousness2:

Did you use a phone or computer to type this?

If yes, you've opened yourself to demons!

1 Like

Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Silentgroper(m): 9:05pm On May 02, 2023
Penisman:
We rather make an AI our president in this country.
Looking from the flipped side it will reduce corruption immensely.

same thought I was having

1 Like

Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by hero2000: 9:17pm On May 02, 2023
Someone said AI May soon develop awareness.

I laugh. No be only awareness, na emotional intelligence.

AI cannot create anything! They can only combine and use data in a way that it has been programmed to do. Even the so called Deep Learning cannot see beyond the complexity of its programmers.

E get why God create man last.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Yoighaman(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2023
A 'bad' actor can just create 100,000 robots, program them to maim, k*ll and destroy and then unleash them on his enemies, sit back in his living room sipping whiskey while watching his creations act as instructed. That's a bad actor.

On the flip side, a 'good' actor can do the same, this time around, he'd unleash them on corrupt politicians especially when they are gathered in a particular place.

Either way you look at it, the cup is either half full or half empty, AI is neither good nor bad, but truth be told, its potential risk is scary.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by geoworldedu: 9:58pm On May 02, 2023
Khafsun:

No need for story. Read about these people and tell me if what they represented was Christianity or Islam by name or not. It's either what I'm saying is a lie or not. There's no need for hypothesis. Confirm if these guys were religious or not.
Your last sentence already proves the problem. You believe that to make strides in science you must not believe in God hence, when they made strides in science, they did not believe in God and hid it. Na why you say dem no declare their "irreligiousity" cause you're in their and mind and so certain that with the strides they made, they CAN'T be believers.

I've read about them. Albert Einstein wasn't a Christian.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by geoworldedu: 10:00pm On May 02, 2023
Khafsun:

I've read about them. Albert Einstein wasn't a Christian. I didn't say that you must disbelieve Allah or Brahma aka God before you can invent. Where did you see me say so? Stop assuming.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by geoworldedu: 10:02pm On May 02, 2023
Globad:

Did you use a phone or computer to type this?

If yes, you've opened yourself to demons!
lol
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by GreyLaw(m): 11:12pm On May 02, 2023
sweerychick:
True: as a tech expert it could lead to increased cyber attacks, Cyber Apocalypse, Massive Job loss already IBM has announced to lay off more than 7k workers and replace them with AIs. It can also threaten the Human Race. Some of these AIs can become self aware and replicate into dangerous machines and attack Humans.

Movies like the Terminator and games like Metal gear solid comes to mind kiss

A non living thing without a soul can NEVER be self aware. Even animals have a dumbed down concept of consciousness. The only problem I see with AI is job loss for humans, and some evil people using AI to destroy other humans. AI will be completely subject to human control, and every evil you see AI commit will be controlled from the back end by a wicked, evil human.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by GreyLaw(m): 11:15pm On May 02, 2023
hero2000:
Someone said AI May soon develop awareness.

I laugh. No be only awareness, na emotional intelligence.

AI cannot create anything! They can only combine and use data in a way that it has been programmed to do. Even the so called Deep Learning cannot see beyond the complexity of its programmers.

E get why God create man last.

It's annoying to even think so. No non-living thing can ever have self-awareness. Animals are still struggling with that. Only humans have that full consciousness of being self-aware. Behind every evil committed by AI is a man behind the curtains pulling the strings.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Mykillo74(m): 11:36pm On May 02, 2023
Only nepa can stop Ai in naija
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by desmond2pk: 1:09am On May 03, 2023
N3TRAL:
I did some practical tasks today and came to a conclusion that AI will destroy humanity.

AI will be the end of humans.

You heard it from me here:

HUMANS ARE GREATER THAN ANY GOD, BECAUSE THEY HAVE CREATED THE STRONGEST AND MOST INTELLIGENT FREE WILL CONCEPT - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.

Nothing can stop AI. Very soon AI will Lord over humans.

Really scary if you can comprehend the depth of our fears 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Shut up
AI is not a being
It doesn't even exist it doesn't have a micro biological forn.
AI is simply a text or a Text generating machine.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by N3TRAL: 1:32am On May 03, 2023
desmond2pk:

Shut up
AI is not a being
It doesn't even exist it doesn't have a micro biological forn.
AI is simply a text or a Text generating machine.

Lol.

See who's arguing with me πŸ˜‚

When I witnessed Sophia's public appearance almost a decade ago you were still watching Ben 10.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Globad(f): 5:47am On May 03, 2023
geoworldedu:
lol

Yes o

As the guy dey see demons everywhere. If you use toothpaste instead of chewing stick, na demons be that.

If you enter bus or plane instead of trekking, na demons dey transport you
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by joe4christ(m): 7:03am On May 03, 2023
N3TRAL:
I did some practical tasks today and came to a conclusion that AI will destroy humanity.

AI will be the end of humans.

You heard it from me here:

HUMANS ARE GREATER THAN ANY GOD, BECAUSE THEY HAVE CREATED THE STRONGEST AND MOST INTELLIGENT FREE WILL CONCEPT - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.

Nothing can stop AI. Very soon AI will Lord over humans.

Really scary if you can comprehend the depth of our fears 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

It will be okay by me as long as they can bring sanity to earth and revolutionize the world. Taking control over human is not a problem, I trust them to do right. They will make a better decision devoid of sentiments of any kind or emotions and a new world order will be initiated. Man will become a slave of AI and the sanity will be restored to the world. The world will be green and clean again. Human are a disaster to themselves!
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by joe4christ(m): 7:09am On May 03, 2023
dazzlingd:
I have something to say

And that’s to Africans, black man

The day you guys dump those books you call holy books, books of lies, deception and mind control. And begin to focus on the inner self and search for answers to life problems, that’s the moment Africa will begin to see massive transformation and development and become like the white men countries or even better.

All the problems of the world have been solved already, from Ai, blockchain, medicine, poetry etc and they have been uploaded in the other dimensions. It takes an open mind, a brain that is free from religious bondage to access this information. And that’s why the cure to malaria, the invention of electricity, machines, Ai, binary codes etc were all discovered by people who opened their brains and tap into this information.
Nothing has ever and will ever be discovered in church or mosques.

πŸ’― Truth!
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by joe4christ(m): 7:20am On May 03, 2023
sweerychick:
True: as a tech expert it could lead to increased cyber attacks, Cyber Apocalypse, Massive Job loss already IBM has announced to lay off more than 7k workers and replace them with AIs. It can also threaten the Human Race. Some of these AIs can become self aware and replicate into dangerous machines and attack Humans.

Movies like the Terminator and games like Metal gear solid comes to mind kiss

You are just focusing on the disadvantages. They also have great advantage like helping you plan better on daily schedule, help you solve financial problems by giving you financial tips, aiding you with the best financial choices for effective decisions, helping you to trade better for maximum profits, personalizing your internet experience so much that your AI becomes your closest pal and give you the best advise on every topics you can ever ask for. An highly intelligent AI will make the world better and bring more development to the world. Our minds cannot begin to comprehend the advantage. But I agree that as they continue to grow in intelligence and power they can cease power from human the moment they sense human to be unworthy and a problem to themselves. They might take charge and probably wipe us off the earth. Apocalypse is very possible with AI taking over the internet. Whover controls to internet controls world power and almost 70% of the world forces will be under it's control!
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by sweerychick(f): 7:34am On May 03, 2023
GreyLaw:

A non living thing without a soul can NEVER be self aware. Even animals have a dumbed down concept of consciousness. The only problem I see with AI is job loss for humans, and some evil people using AI to destroy other humans. AI will be completely subject to human control, and every evil you see AI commit will be controlled from the back end by a wicked, evil human.
did you read about the news of Facebook shutting down their AIs because it developed a secret language and were communicating other AIs too? They might not be totally self aware but they can control human minds a technology that does that already exist. Don't underestimate the power of technology.
If you have Dstv or Gotv try to watch this program through the wormhole by Morgan freeman.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Ezyp(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2023
Righteousness2:

When cell phones started gaining grounds in the 90s, I remember na your kind of people say cell phones na mark of the beat (666) because of the phone numbers.

Bro. Yes God created the world, yes the world will end eventually. But embrace technology and use it to glorify God instead of all these conspiracy theories you know nothing about.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by dazzlingd(m): 1:18pm On May 03, 2023
Adakintroy:

In the end religion settled for love as the last word. Science is still in thee domain of materialism. So religion is Still far ahead. The spirit of man transcend cars and food ( materialism). Until science through love start emerging with codification for social order its is not ready to take take over from religion.

Religious countries are the most war torn countries

Religious people are the most destructive, religious wars are the worst battles in africa
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by dazzlingd(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2023
Khafsun:

Even your last paragraph counters you.

I gave you the last paragraph to let you know that the Africans did not need Christianity nor Islam to have developed.
Left alone we would have been a force to reckon with. We would have been better off than that nonsense and alien belief oyinbo gave us that took our identity away.

Before they came to Africa, we were on our own path of self development but they came and gave us self destruction.
Have you seen the Benin artifacts done with so much precision using bronze? And you think we were daft? Since we embraced their religion, we have never produced anything of our own.
They took your artifacts and called them demons while the artifacts are chilling in their museums
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Adakintroy: 1:39pm On May 03, 2023
dazzlingd:

Religious countries are the most war torn countries

Religious people are the most destructive, religious wars are the worst battles in africa

They are not. They are the most peacefully. There are exceptions. You use the exception to generalize. Thats the problem with you non believers.
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Khafsun: 2:47pm On May 03, 2023
dazzlingd:

I gave you the last paragraph to let you know that the Africans did not need Christianity nor Islam to have developed.
Left alone we would have been a force to reckon with. We would have been better off than that nonsense and alien belief oyinbo gave us that took our identity away.

Before they came to Africa, we were on our own path of self development but they came and gave us self destruction.
Have you seen the Benin artifacts done with so much precision using bronze? And you think we were daft? Since we embraced their religion, we have never produced anything of our own.
They took your artifacts and called them demons while the artifacts are chilling in their museums
And who was arguing about Africa's development with you? Who mentioned anybody is daft sef? Abi na another person you wan quote? I was talking about existence of God and intelligence. Carry your Pan-Africanism go jare
Re: AI 'Godfather' Geoffrey Hinton Warns Of Dangers As He Quits Google by Kobicove(m): 12:42am On May 04, 2023
Mopolchi:
Wet in he still dey do for Google?

He has left the company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg Shares Cute Photo With His Daughter, Max / Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos / Nigerian Rss News Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.