Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. (24955 Views)

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers / Top Soft Skills Employers Value With Examples / Five Qualities Employers Look For In Job Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Recruitetech(f): 2:44pm On May 02, 2023
5 Top soft skills employers look out for Today.

Every employer wants you to deliver value, and these are some of the soft skills needed to bring out the value in you.

1. Communication skills
2. Team work.
3. Positive Attitude.
4. Adaptability.
5. Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving. .

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Recruitetech(f): 12:26pm On May 03, 2023
Recruitetech:

Every employer wants you to deliver value, and these are some of the soft skills needed to bring out the value in you.

1. Communication skills: Within any soft skill list, you're more than likely going to see communication scattered throughout. Although this skill is a broad category ranging from conversing with co-workers to emailing new clients, within any job role solid communication skills are vital to have. You need to be able to communicate with others clearly and confidently, whether this is in person or via electronic methods. Listening is also an important part of this skill, with employers wanting people who can communicate with others but also effectively listen to their thoughts and ideas.

2. Team work: If the profession you’re in or applying to requires you to work with others, then teamwork skills are a must. When hiring, companies need to make sure the person will blend in seamlessly with the culture and can work well with other members. Good team members can easily collaborate with their team, being able to work and negotiate well. Being able to work well within a team will not only improve the quality of work produced but also allow for genuine connections to be formed. Being a great team player is all about realizing everyone has something important to contribute.

3. Positive Attitude: Having employees who possess a positive attitude can do wonders for the workforce. Employers are actively seeking out candidates who possess a ‘can-do' attitude, as the individuals who take a positive approach are often more positive and motivated employees. Positivity is contagious, making the workplace more uplifting and greatly reducing workload stress levels.

4. Adaptability: Change plays a major part in the modern-day workplace. With technology continually evolving and constant workplace changes, having team members with adaptability skills is the key to any successful business. Employers are now looking for people who don’t shy away from change but embrace and adapt to it accordingly. Having effective adaptability skills can differentiate you from other candidates, you need to be passionate about learning new changes within your industry and also recognize when you need to make changes.

5. Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving: Critical thinking and problem-solving are closely related skills, both are equally important and considered necessary skills to have by employers when hiring new team members. No matter the position you’re in or want to be in, businesses are looking for team members who can analyse and make informed decisions to come up with solutions. You need to be able to bring fresh original ideas as well as come up with solutions to address existing issues faced by the business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Krublog(m): 5:18pm On May 05, 2023
Many people just want to get their salaries and not EARN it.

When you encounter such people in your work space, it becomes problematic when you try to change them.

You'd hear words like "You carry this work for head to much", "Na your papa work?", "Abeg, nobody go know jare".

If you're lucky not to have worked with this type before, you don't know what God has done for you.

Nice article.

FTC since joining Nairaland. I hear say Seun Osewa dey give something.

Who should I meet

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by ATEAMS: 5:18pm On May 05, 2023
Try Affiliate marketing... U do be glad ..

Its quite a gamble but use your head ...

The profits is sweet
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by FalseProphet1(m): 5:18pm On May 05, 2023
Ok
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Tabletuner(m): 5:18pm On May 05, 2023
Point on!
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Akhimiemona(m): 5:19pm On May 05, 2023
Good one Op
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Risingblue008(m): 5:19pm On May 05, 2023
Cr
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Arisenews2: 5:20pm On May 05, 2023
I’ve got all

Meanwhile, see The Secret Super Wealthy Life of Peter Obi He Doesn't Want Obidients and Nigerians to Know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyyiLgIkl0

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by speaktome(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2023
If you like, use problem surround yourself and be looking for who will solve them for you say you be Oga employer...

#MySignature
#Mybusiness

3 Likes

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by odenkirk: 5:20pm On May 05, 2023
Recruitetech:

1. Communication skills
2. Team work.
3. Positive Attitude.
4. Adaptability.
5. Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving. .

i have them all nd still jobless

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Olachase(m): 5:20pm On May 05, 2023
On my first day of interview, they serve me cup of tea I still go day ask for bread, them no even interview me they say we will get back to you 🤭🤭

14 Likes

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by psychologist(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2023
Working under pressure
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Ugaboy: 5:22pm On May 05, 2023
If you don't have a tech skill, I guess the future is still far from you...sorry, I guess you may be cheated some how by your employee or as a manager, this are guys with wizard brain who turn ideas or imagine into reality.

Not the romance scene, I mean being able to solve real life problem bro.
----------------+++++++++--------
Check my profile on my latest update
If you will like to start a career in Data Analytics

It a 12 weeks program, affordable and mind grooming, learn from an experience analyst... One is anointed and verified by NL.
-------++++++---+++--++
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by frenzy48: 5:24pm On May 05, 2023
being tech savvy..helps alot

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by EdafeCriss: 5:25pm On May 05, 2023
Story.
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by 36STATES: 5:29pm On May 05, 2023
A friend is looking for people to work for him in Nigeria. He's got a company in US but he wants to outsource some of the office things he does to Nigeria, Imo State in particular. Since December, he has not been able to get anyone, even though he plans to pay the workers very well. He has already set up the office with computers and desks, the quality of candidates coming has been ridiculous. Many of them are too lazy to even write an application letter, instead they forward a CV that has nothing to do with the person specification outlined in the job advert. If you live in Imo State, Owerri zone, you can go to his company website to look at the job. Find the link below. https://www.safetydesk.co.uk/_files/ugd/12e932_065caac45e9e40c29d01a3d2f6a0b525.pdf
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 05, 2023
Good as it were, this doesn't depict an average Nigerian recruiter because they themselves dont have the skills, ability & parameters to gauge or decipher these things in a potential employee.

This is the reason why the banking industry is full of rude, lazy, nagging, & non-chalant employees.

They erroneously believe that anybody with First Class & 2:1 will have these sets of quality.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by RepoMan007: 5:32pm On May 05, 2023
odenkirk:
i have them all nd still jobless
all of them are equally useful in entrepreneurial scenario so your possession of all five points is suspect.
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by ppogba: 5:36pm On May 05, 2023
36STATES:
A friend is looking for people to work for him in Nigeria. He's got a company in US but he wants to outsource some of the office things he does to Nigeria, Imo State in particular. Since December, he has not been able to get anyone, even though he plans to pay the workers very well. He has already set up the office with computers and desks, the quality of candidates coming has been ridiculous. Many of them are too lazy to even write an application letter, instead they forward a CV that has nothing to do with the person specification outlined in the job advert. If you live in Imo State, Owerri zone, you can go to his company website to look at the job. Find the link below. https://www.safetydesk.co.uk/_files/ugd/12e932_065caac45e9e40c29d01a3d2f6a0b525.pdf

When HR persons say most Nigerian graduates are un- employable, do you think they are exaggerating?

All they know how to do is harangue Buhari and other leaders on social media while paying less attention to their calamitous, almost irredeemable situation.

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by bigdammyj: 5:47pm On May 05, 2023
Reading...
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by 36STATES: 5:49pm On May 05, 2023
The guy wants to train them to NEBOSH level for free. NEBOSH costs over 300.000 Naira in Nigeria and that can get you job anywhere. He sends me some of the applications he received, that's when I concluded that Nigeria is in a big mess. My 10 years old daughter can use most MS Office package, and she writes better English than most graduates in Nigeria.

ppogba:

When HR persons say most Nigerian graduates are un- employable, do you think they are exaggerating?

All they know how to do is harangue Buhari and other leaders on social media while paying less attention to their calamitous, almost irredeemable situation.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Angelfrost(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2023
What exactly do you mean by 'today'?!!

Those skills have been in demand long before you were even born!

They are fundamental leadership and work place skills for any upward focused individual!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by money121(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2023
Ok
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Wizpa(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2023
They want those skills and are not willing to pay for it

They will control and use you out of your job description

Working as an employee in Nigeria is a waste of time. Embrace Entrepreneurship instead. Create job opportunities, don't reduce it
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Wizpa(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2023
undecided
Re: 5 Top Soft Skills Employers Look Out For Today. by Nicenixon: 6:34pm On May 05, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Good as it were, this doesn't depict an average Nigerian recruiter because they themselves dont have the skills, ability & parameters to gauge or decipher these things in a potential employee.

This is the reason why the banking industry is full of rude, lazy, nagging, & non-chalant employees.

They erroneously believe that anybody with First Class & 2:1 will have these sets of quality.

Even 2:1 self still dy look for that bank job wey you talk, na person wey know and God's grace dy get at least presentable and profitable job for this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.