Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,711 members, 7,865,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants (561 Views)

Sanwo-olu Inspects Ijora, Obalende Under-bridges, Orders Illegal Occupants Out / LASG Gives 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Illegal Occupants Of Jankara Market / PDP Tells Buhari He Has Handed The Presidential Villa To Illegal Occupants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by abc115: 7:48pm On May 02, 2023
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has issued a warning to all illegal occupants of airport lands to vacate the premises for their own safety and security.

According to a statement on Tuesday, the General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Faithful Hope-Ivbaze, the recent demolition of 13 houses was because they posed dangers to the operations of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos State.

She said, “The occupants of these buildings were duly notified of the impending demolitions and intensive awareness campaign through “stop work” markings and the planting of notice boards within the Red Zone.

“In September 2022, FAAN wrote to LASG for their cooperation in conducting this exercise in the interest of Aviation and Communal Safety and Security.

“The removal of illegal structures is also scheduled to be carried out at all other airports that have similar challenges.”

Hope-Ivbaze further explained that the area of land currently housing the airport was acquired for public use by the federal government through the lands acquisition ordinance by the government official gazettes in 1944, 1972, and 1975, respectively.

She noted that FAAN noticed some encroachments within its acquired land and a committee was set up to investigate and compel those encroaching to cease and desist from such actions sometime in the year 2000.

https://punchng.com/vacate-airport-lands-faan-tells-illegal-occupants/
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by successmatters(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2023
Do you have your ancestral lands to sell, I want to vacate my airport road abode and relocate into family lands?

Who go better go better, it's not by demolitions.
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by helinues: 7:54pm On May 02, 2023
Vacate, Simple as ABC
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by helinues: 7:54pm On May 02, 2023
successmatters:
Do you have your ancestral lands to sell, I want to vacate my airport road abode and relocate into family lands?

Who go better go better, it's not by demolitions.

Are there no longer any available land in your region?
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by successmatters(m): 7:55pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:
Simple as ABC

We are paying more foe lands.
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by RamseyKush: 7:55pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:
Vacate, Simple as ABC

Omo guy
Na you be the MTN of nairaland🤣🤣
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by successmatters(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:

Are there no longer any available land in your region?

Due to overpopulation, lands in my region is very expensive. Industrialisation and family expansions is putting a lot of pressure on lands in my region. Lagos is cheaper.
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by successmatters(m): 7:57pm On May 02, 2023
RamseyKush:

Omo guy
Na you be the MTN of nairaland🤣🤣

The guy is paid to be here 24/7 grin

Sometimes I wake up by 3 am and the guy is still here responding to everyone. Poverty is a disease grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by helinues: 7:58pm On May 02, 2023
successmatters:

Due to overpopulation, lands in my region is very expensive. Industrialisation and family expansions is putting a lot of pressure on lands in my region.

Over population abi your billionaires have acquired 30-40% of the available land without having any intention of using it for business or lease/sell, just to add to family glory plus some family who refused to sell their ancestral lands.

You people should be worried about real estate in the region in the next 10-15 years. Only skyscraper buildings could save una
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by RamseyKush: 8:00pm On May 02, 2023
successmatters:

The guy is paid to be here 24/7 grin

Sometimes I wake up by 3 am and the guy is still here responding to everyone. Poverty is a disease grin grin grin

🤣🤣
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by successmatters(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:

Over population abi your billionaires have acquired 30-40% of the available land without having any intention of using it for business or lease/sell, just to add to family glory plus some family who refused to sell their ancestral lands.

You people should be worried about real estate in the region in the next 10-15 years. Only skyscraper buildings could save una

We are already planning for skyscrapers, but for lack of electric power to work our lifts. That's why we voted massively for Peter Obi to provide steady power so we can lift off.

Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by omowolewa: 8:18pm On May 02, 2023
Land and Land struggles
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 02, 2023
successmatters:

Due to overpopulation, lands in my region is very expensive. Industrialisation and family expansions is putting a lot of pressure on lands in my region. Lagos is cheaper.
So na Ikorodu and ibeju Lekki lands you dey buy come dey brag grin
Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by YorubaSamurai: 8:37pm On May 02, 2023
destroy all illegal markets and structures in Lagos...
anybody that don't like it should go back to his region

1 Like

Re: Vacate Airport Lands, FAAN Tells Illegal Occupants by nazicartel(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2023
All these people they are building stuffs on their ancestral lands. How are they even coping?.. are they been compensated normal ?... This is how they came with Economic city to take my land... We refused ooo.... Asked if it's a state govt project , shell, nddc or federal project. They told us is a state project... We laughed at them and told the commissioner with his group to disappear from here. They haven't paid salaries and pensions. It's to build economic city they want to build

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know That We Enjoy Subsidy On Electricity? / Questions Nigerians Need To Answer Now Before It's Too Late / Re Reno Omokiri: How Yorubas Brought Unimaginable Violence To The SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.