Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against (1276 Views)

Advice For Backsliding Christians. / Pastor TB Joshua As A Humble Young Man (Pictures) / An Exhortation To Women And Shameful Female Promiscuity in the Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by HISchild: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2011
Even a true servant / believer of GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST, who is truly saved by GOD’s grace (not our works- Eph 2:8-9, Eph 2:5), is capable of falling into sin – [king David is an example- 2 Sam 11 & resulting Psalm 51, certainly I, praise GOD for HIS great mercy & goodness] - suffering distraction, if we take our eyes off the Lord JESUS CHRIST; though in The Lord’s great faithfulness, loving kindness and mercy, [for HE IS Faithful and True], keeps HIS own unto salvation. (1 Pet 1:5). Though know, any backsliding of GOD’s own will result in chastisement, and the backsliding of any not belonging to HIM, will result in death. “I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:” - 2 Sam 7:14 (see also Job 5:17, Pro 3:11, Isa 26:16, Heb 12:5-11, Heb 13:5)
------
Exhortation to beware, particularly in this very evil, last days: - "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." - Matt 24:12-14

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.” - Heb 10:38-39

The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” – Pro 14:14

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.” - 2 Pet 2: 20-22

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” - Heb 6:4-6
------
Thus, let us earnestly pray -
O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou it for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.” - Jer 14:7

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” - Heb 4:14-16

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” - John 6:63

So, please remain in the holy word of GOD, The Bible - “But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” - 1Pet 4:7

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” – Matt 26:41

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” - Isa 55:6-7
Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2011
Backsliding with style!!!!

Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
Slow Mo Blacksliding.

Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2011
You know I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it!!!!!! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[b]Bad"

Your Butt Is Mine
Gonna Take You Right
Just Show Your Face
In Broad Daylight
I'm Telling You
On How I Feel
Gonna Hurt Your Mind
Don't Shoot To Kill
Come On, Come On,
Lay It On Me All Right,

I'm Giving You
On Count Of Three
To Show Your Stuff
Or Let It Be . . .
I'm Telling You
Just Watch Your Mouth
I Know Your Game
What You're About

Well They Say The Sky's
The Limit
And To Me That's Really True
But My Friend You Have
Seen Nothing
Just Wait 'Til I Get Through . . .

Because I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
Come On
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
You Know It
Come On, You Know
And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once Again,
Who's Bad . . .

The Word Is Out
You're Doin' Wrong
Gonna Lock You Up
Before Too Long,
Your Lyin' Eyes
Gonna Take You Right
So Listen Up
Don't Make A Fight,
Your Talk Is Cheap
You're Not A Man
You're Throwin' Stones
To Hide Your Hands

But They Say The Sky's
The Limit
And To Me That's Really True
And My Friends You Have
Seen Nothin'
Just Wait 'Til I Get Through . . .

Come On
You Know It
You Know It, You Know
Answer Right Now
(And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You Once Again,
(Just To Tell You Once Again)
Who's Bad . . .

We Can Change The World
Tomorrow
This Could Be A Better Place
If You Don't Like What I'm
Sayin'
Then Won't You Slap My
Face . . .

Come On
You Know It
You Know It, You Know

Woo! Woo! Woo!
(And The Whole World Has
To Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once
Again . . .)
Come On
You Know It-You Know It
You Know, You Know, You
Know, Come On
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You

You Know I'm Smooth, I'm
Bad, You Know It
You Know I'm Bad, I'm
Bad Baby
You Know, You Know, You
Know It, Come On
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Woo!

You Know It
You Know I'm Bad-You
Know-Hoo!
You Know I'm Bad-I'm Bad-
You Know It, You Know
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You Once Again . . .
(Just To Tell You Once
Again . . .)
Who's Bad? [/b]

Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by chowbaby: 12:58am On Sep 25, 2011
@Martian.  I cannot stop laughing!  Great post!
Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by chowbaby: 1:13am On Sep 25, 2011
@Hischild, I wonder what place God has for you who spread false messages, Oh wait, He has already told you.  Hope you are prepared!!  That must be a special kind of backsliding.  Always funny to see such a fraud trying to give biblical advice.  The bible says no one knows the day or the time, NO ONE!  Hence, nothing happened on May 21, 2011.  Because NO ONE knows the day or the time!!  I know so many people who were hurt by this false teaching, YOU WILL PAY!!!  May 21 is Judgment Day, False Messenger!!!!  May all whose lives you have ruined with that message regain everything they have lost! 

Matthew 7:15

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Romans 16:17-18

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Matthew 7:16

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Romans 16:17

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.
Re: Backsliding – A Humble Exhortation Against by tpia5: 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
hmm, a word in season.

btw, backsliding is different from someone who pretends to be a christian and then reverts to his/her natural self after getting what they want.

bad situation.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Parents Biblically Beat Child To Death For Mispronouncing Word / Woman, 52, Delivers Baby Boy 19 Years After First Birth / Incredible Story Of Kindness – Catholic Priest Donates Kidney To Muslim Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.