Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills (264 Views)

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Lagos, Kwara, Kogi Other States Get New Commissioners Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by Islie: 12:31pm On May 03, 2023
The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) has alerted consumers within its franchise area of an imminent blackout from next month over backlogs of unpaid bills. …

The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) has alerted consumers within its franchise area of an imminent blackout from next month over backlogs of unpaid bills.

The IBEDC, a power distribution company, said it was planning to disconnect its feeders from the national grid due to poor remittances.

Consumers to be affected by the development are those in Kwara, Ogun, Osun, Ibadan, Oyo and parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states.

A statement signed by the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the company, Engr. Kingsley Achife and made available to newsmen in Ilorin said the move might result in power outages to customers within the IBEDC franchise areas.

“As a revenue collection arm of the electricity value chain, IBEDC sells and distributes electricity generated by the generation companies.

“However, the company is unable to meet its financial obligations to the electricity value chain due to poor payment and huge outstanding bills by customers.

“We urge our customers to note that failure to pay current and outstanding electricity bills may result in disruption of power to homes, communities, and businesses connected to our network”, the MD said

https://dailytrust.com/blackout-looms-in-kwara-kogi-oyo-osun-others-over-unpaid-electricity-bills/

Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by helinues: 12:33pm On May 03, 2023
If they refused to pay, cut them off.

Simple as ABC
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by BLACKDICK007: 12:36pm On May 03, 2023
Every state should generate her own electricity
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by superlanny(m): 12:45pm On May 03, 2023
Nothing works in this shithole, I mean nothing at all. The scam that goes on in this power distribution company is gigantic, anything to rip us is always welcome. Like Chelsea, Nigeria dey collect back to back.
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by KwuoteYourFada: 12:51pm On May 03, 2023
Lazy asses they don't pay bill I know them very well

All they do is owambe and cry about Igbos coming to dominate them
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by fourboys: 12:52pm On May 03, 2023
Light dey before Good development anyway. Disconnect debtors na their way
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by inoki247: 12:56pm On May 03, 2023
Lol I always tell people if you're using Prepaid Meter in Nigeria and you didn't bypass heaven is sure for u.....

You will go Pastors, Alfa, Elders house you will see Dem telling Abt aw dey bypass dere meter u will feel like same people wey suppose dey teach us moral...
Re: Blackout Looms In Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Osun, Others Over Unpaid Electricity Bills by yesloaded: 1:01pm On May 03, 2023
grin

Where I lives, no power supply since February whereas our transformer is very much ok

I've been to their office many times and they assured me that dem wan move us to better line where there will be constant power supply but for 3months, it's total black out

Since January 2023 till now, i don't think I've consumed half of 5,000 recharge so how IBEDC wan make money? Even postpaid customer around me are not ready to pay shishi because many of us now on solar. Almost 80% of houses around me have solar system of different sizes infact we installed solar streetlight as a community

IBEDC should first of all fix poor power distribution else many subscribers will continue to owe them

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Billionaire Dad Wish Billionaire Femi Otedola A Happy Birthday (Video) / VIDEO: Podium Collapses As New Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf Is Being Sworn-in / Buhari 2015 To 2023 How Many Did You Achieve From This List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.