Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,438 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin (58913 Views)

Vladmir Putin And Xi Jinping Pay Tributes To Queen Elizabeth / Meet Putin The Russian President, His Wife And Daughters / Moment President Donald Trump Meet President Vladmir Putin In Finland(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by CapitanS: 6:19am On May 04, 2023
Mrtaye:

Mugu shebi na you be the spokesman for putin and his hawks.....to be only hawks na tolotolo
Olodo, go buy cable tv, that NTA wey you dey watch no be news. Something wey Dem don dey report for all major international news stations since last year, you no still hear am. NTA and Radio Nigeria don finish your life, try level up
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by izibili44: 7:30am On May 04, 2023
I still don't get it. Dem dey bomb me every day for my own country. I dey defend myself inside. My country. No be one Sider fight.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Kay25(m): 8:02am On May 04, 2023
lhordspy:
There are 3 sides to this.

Firstly, it is either Russia is trying to use a
false flag operation, by carrying out a self-sabotage, a pretext to escalate things in Ukraine. Maybe Russia is getting tired of the petty military operation. They want to start levelling the ground already. They needed a tangible reason to do that, and an attempt on Putin life is a very solid reason to escalate things.

Or secondly, Maybe Some sections or groups of the Ukrainian military are feeling fly and stupid, or maybe suicidal; probably inflated and intoxicated by the empty-promises of the west. So they are trying to dare Russia and see what the hell they can do.

Or maybe, The Ukrainian military truly launched the attack. With the confidence that no one is actually going to believe the Russian's part of the story. Afterall, their puppeteer; the Un!ted state controls the media. The world only believe what they want us to believe.

Whichever way, one thing is certain: There will be repercussion, there will be consequences. Ukraine is in trouble.
Very precised but whichever way Ukraine is already in trouble I had expected this from Ukraine all this while once this starts just know one way or the other their will be a break for Ukraine just let's wait and see
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Bigchristo: 8:12am On May 04, 2023
Badassniggga:
no mind them grin now they're shouting false flag. I love the false flag like that grin. art of war
😂😂😂😂
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by exnovio(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2023
Ucrain don buy better market,Putin will take out the puppet called Zelensky from the scene very soon.

1 Like

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by billyG(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2023
How can a drone or fly pass through d Russian border to Kremlin unnoticed...Putin leave Ukraine alone!l have warned you!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Karnice600: 9:05am On May 04, 2023
onadana:

Everything you wrote,go back relax,read again.Does it make sense to you.Myopic thinking.Be objective.

I tell you. The guy is just plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Mrtaye: 9:08am On May 04, 2023
CapitanS:

Olodo, go buy cable tv, that NTA wey you dey watch no be news. Something wey Dem don dey report for all major international news stations since last year, you no still hear am. NTA and Radio Nigeria don finish your life, try level up
Mugu kpele oni cable tv.... hawks ko tolotolo ni
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Karnice600: 9:17am On May 04, 2023
Creeper:

Lol, I don’t think Russia needs a false flag operation to do anything to Ukraine since Ukraine has crossed the red line multiple times and Putin has shown restraint. And looking at the video and type of drones used - it’s definitely not a false flag operation.

There are 5million Ukraine refugees currently in Russia and some saboteurs who’re part of Ukrainian intelligence are definitely embedded amongst them.

Looking at the drones - they took off from within Russian borders and the operators are definitely in Russia.

Also, they could’ve taken Kiev in 2weeks if they wanted to. However, the cost would’ve been huge and insurgency would’ve crippled everything they’re trying to achieve on the long run. They took the airport and held it in one of the bravest military adventures of paratroopers in history and laid a siege on the city for months. But once you analyse it from a military perspective and the fact the Russia didn’t go into Ukraine in real war mode for conquest (it went in to force Ukraine’s hand in negotiations) - it would’ve been suicidal due to the fact Russia didn’t send enough troops into Ukraine, logistics were terrible, their lines of defences were so thin with huge gaps that they would’ve been chewed up mercilessly by Ukrainians in ambushes and guerilla warfare by small mobile troops. Russia needs at least 2million troops to take Ukraine and hold it.

Ukraine is a massive country (2nd largest in Europe after Russia) not a small country. And it had more than 1million troops that were trained by NATO for 8yrs thus making it the most prepared army in Europe. You don’t conquer such a country with 160k troops and hold it - that’s suicidal. So, once you examine that - you’d understand why Russia pulled back and changed tactics when negotiations failed.

You don’t defeat a country like Ukraine with “shock and awe” like US doctrine preaches. Even the US learnt its lesson in Iraq because after the invasion and Bush’s declaration of victory - that was when the real war started with insurgency and eventual defeat of the US. And Iraq is a tiny country with degraded military compared to Ukraine.
Iraq was a tiny country with degraded military before the gulf war?
Mehn...
See as disuan dey analyze rubbish with confidence sha.
Where all these bunch of idiots come from sef?
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Nicheey(m): 9:25am On May 04, 2023
raskymonojendor:

While I don't support IPOB and everything they stand for, he is actually right. Nigerian Army with the help of Soviet (including Ukraine) helped bomb some part of the eastern region during the war. A lot of kids and innocent ibos were killed.

It was a civil war,what had you expected of them? Dropping relief materials ? The nigeria state acted mature through the then Head of state general yakubu gowon when he declared “no vanquish no victor” towards the ending of the civil war after the Biafra second in command unconditional surround to major-Gen olusegun obasanjo in Lagos state nigeria.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Karnice600: 9:37am On May 04, 2023
Guestlander:

Cuba was already a hostile country to the US. Ukraine willingly gave up their own nuclear weapons and many other weapons believing Russia wouldn't attack. Two different scenarios. Incidentally, many of the weapons given up by Ukraine went to Russia.

Don't waste your time explaining to some sort of specie the difference between land grabbing and deterrent intrusion.
Russia already had physical nuclear installations in Cuba that was visible to satellites. The call was for Russia to take off the installations, not decide for Cuba who to align with or what partnership to subscribe to.
How can you relate that with Putin's invasion of Ukraine? Do they tally?
You're accusing someone of installations that have not been made and trying to deter them from a defensive partnership that ensures their security as a sovereign state, that they haven't joined yet, using military force.
Don't waste your time with those block heads. They're just pained that Kieve hasn't fallen and the little Putin of a man hasn't been able to seize it in 2 weeks.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Karnice600: 10:00am On May 04, 2023
Emmanueltrinity:
capturing zelensky was never putins plan ,in fact russia never attempted to ousted him and his government, russia war on Ukraine is a special millitary operation to drive Western influences and neo nazi belief which are anti Russian in ukraine , few days in the invasion when putin troop approached kyiv zelensky hid in a bunker , Israel foreign minister seek guarantee that putin won't kill zelensky which him putin granted and saying i have no problem with him im not going to kill him his government kept deaf ear Russian minority ethnic persecution in ukraine which is sponsored by neo nazi movement, you can verify
capturing zelensky was never putins plan ,in fact russia never attempted to ousted him and his government, russia war on Ukraine is a special millitary operation to drive Western influences and neo nazi belief which are anti Russian in ukraine...

Listen to yourself again.., Oh fvck! There's no point in asking you to read what you wrote again. You'll still read it with the same brain you wrote it with. That's sad.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by godliman: 11:00am On May 04, 2023
It seems this Putin's guard by the right just received alert of salary increment arears
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Sharatan(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2023
tremilatre:
Certainly a false flag operation. No one, even the US would carry out a frontal attack on the Kremlin. Didn't happen in the 20th century, Certainly wouldn't happen in the 21st century.
Intelligence has advanced way more than this. If anyone wants a head of state of a world power dead, there are more subtle ways of doing it, not a ragamuffin frontal attack on the seat of power. Crude ways as with JFK & Lincoln are no longer possible now. No one would dare.
This is exactly what they want you to think grin
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by tremilatre(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2023
Sharatan:

This is exactly what they want you to think grin
Nah, it's the Kremlin who wants us to believe otherwise. Putin wasn't even in the Kremlin at the time of the attack, intelligence can't be so weak that the enemies wouldn't know where Putin was.
Besides, Russia wouldn't allow even a fly get within a mile of the Kremlin let alone blow up right over its roof. Even Aso Rock no go slack like that grin cheesy grin
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Watcharena: 12:06pm On May 04, 2023
tremilatre:

Nah, it's the Kremlin who wants us to believe otherwise. Putin wasn't even in the Kremlin at the time of the attack, intelligence can't be so weak that the enemies wouldn't know where Putin was.
Besides, Russia wouldn't allow even a fly get within a mile of the Kremlin let alone blow up right over its roof. Even Aso Rock no go slack like that grin cheesy grin
abeg no talk about aso rock
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Sharatan(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2023
tremilatre:

There are always death-wishing soldiers in every war.
Maybe they bypassed all the security Kremlin put in place but not successful with their assassination plans.
Please don’t raise Aso rock issue here lol..

2 Likes

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Creeper: 12:59pm On May 04, 2023
Karnice600:

Iraq was a tiny country with degraded military before the gulf war?
Mehn...
See as disuan dey analyze rubbish with confidence sha.
Where all these bunch of idiots come from sef?

You’re a slowpoke and an illiterate due to how incoherent you sound. I didn’t even want to cuss you but learn how to be civil if you want to engage people.

Let’s start with this:

UN arms embargo on Iraq
A United Nations Security Council mandated arms embargo has existed on Iraq in various forms since 1990 in Resolution 661. Until 2003, the arms embargo applied to the whole territory of Iraq. However following the war in Iraq in 2003, and the fall of the regime, the embargo has been modified in subsequent resolutions in 2003 and 2004 so that arms sales to the Government of Iraq are permitted, but not to other end-users.

In August 1990 Security Council resolution 661 established comprehensive sanctions against Iraq, including an open-ended arms embargo. This was passed in reaction to the continued occupation of Kuwait by Iraq, following the invasion days earlier.

Resolution 661 decided that states should prohibit ‘the sale or supply by their nationals or from their territories or using their flag vessels of any commodities or products, including weapons or any other military equipment, whether or not originating in their territories’.
https://www.sipri.org/databases/embargoes/un_arms_embargoes/iraq

^That’s what you call degrading a country’s military capabilities. Especially a country that imports military hardware and parts. And Iraq was under arms embargo for 13yrs before US invaded in 2003.

I never mentioned Gulf war - I was alluding to 2003 invasion

Then this:

- Size of Iraq and population before the war: 438,317 km² and 27million people.

Compared to this:

- Size of Ukraine and population: 603,700 km² and 41million

Also, apart from the fact that Ukraine had 8years to prepare with the help of NATO and all of NATO’s resources and funding - it’s a 2nd world and borderline 1st world country since it’s an European country. Iraq on the other hand was isolated, under arms embargo and a 3rd world country.

The difference between the two in everything is like day and night.

1 Like

Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by tremilatre(m): 1:13pm On May 04, 2023
Sharatan:

There are always death-wishing soldiers in every war.
Maybe they bypassed all the security Kremlin put in place but not successful with their assassination plans.
Please don’t raise Aso rock issue here lol..

grin grin grin forget o, our intelligence is still up there, no mind our politicians who have rubbished the name of our military with the decades long boko haram war.
But for real, if you are looking for renegade soldiers, don't look past Wagner group. Na them, they still get beef with Putin even though they're fighting for him.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by kowema(f): 2:14pm On May 04, 2023
donbenie:
Wetin Soviet Union do Biafra?
Believe it or not, your chest beating is insignificant,in the grand scheme of things..
Russia has more things to be preoccupied about,than some mushroom Republic and its low IQ bunch of IPOB Riffrafs from Africa.

Lol. People get bad mouth.
E say na mushroom republic grin grin grin
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Cromagnon: 2:48pm On May 04, 2023
DevilsEqual:
He's the most secured person on earth
Nothing do you
everyone can be reached
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Karnice600: 3:20pm On May 04, 2023
Creeper:

You’re a slowpoke and an illiterate due to how incoherent you sound. I didn’t even want to cuss you but learn how to be civil if you want to engage people.

Let’s start with this:

https://www.sipri.org/databases/embargoes/un_arms_embargoes/iraq

^That’s what you call degrading a country’s military capabilities. Especially a country that imports military hardware and parts. And Iraq was under arms embargo for 13yrs before US invaded in 2003.

I never mentioned Gulf war - I was alluding to 2003 invasion

Then this:

- Size of Iraq and population before the war: 438,317 km² and 27million people.

Compared to this:

- Size of Ukraine and population: 603,700 km² and 41million

Also, apart from the fact that Ukraine had 8years to prepare with the help of NATO and all of NATO’s resources and funding - it’s a 2nd world and borderline 1st world country since it’s an European country. Iraq on the other hand was isolated, under arms embargo and a 3rd world country.

The difference between the two in everything is like day and night.

You still look stupid with all those explanations.
Ukraine had 8 years to prepare my foot. So Russia that came back to invade again and got stalled had no time?
How do you connect all these together to support you foolish claims?
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by luckedesiri(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2023
Oniks001:
No where did Russia said anything like that, stop lying.u Hypocrites

..... Lol.... I laugh u in Chinese
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by 12inchess: 5:16pm On May 04, 2023
Powersurge:

U appear to have some fraction of knowledge but beclouded by bias.

Let me ask you this, if you were Zelensky what would you have done differently?

If I was Zelenskyy, I will have negotiated for the safety, security and prosperity of my people knowing fully well that Russia is stronger than me military-wise. I will make sure the war doesn't start and be willing to give concessions. You make call it falling for a bully but I will call it battle for my survival and safety of my people.

Despite the rows that have gone on between U.S, and China on Taiwan for years, you don't see them nuking each other to Oblivion. Just skirmishes here and there to prove points. Both countries love their people too much to start a full blown war that will result in mutually assured destruction and huge loses on both sides. These are countries that are fairly equally matched militarily. Talkless of a country that is military subservient to Russia. Up till now Ukraine has not been allowed to join NATO. Go figure. In the past, smaller Kingdoms will pay tribute to larger Kingdoms. It doesn't mean the smaller kingdoms are stup.id. It just means they understand their place. Any war of such magnitude in modern times may lead to a nuclear fallout and immense loses and damages on both sides.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by cowboyT: 10:20pm On May 04, 2023
NOC1:
There was no attack Russia just want to attack Ukraine, they are looking for excuses to attack

so you dey there abĂ­? so tell us more, Wetin actually happened, abĂ­ na banger dem throw wey fear Putin?
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Powersurge: 5:33am On May 05, 2023
12inchess:

If I was Zelenskyy, I will have negotiated for the safety, security and prosperity of my people knowing fully well that Russia is stronger than me military-wise. I will make sure the war doesn't start and be willing to give concessions. You make call it falling for a bully but I will call it battle for my survival and safety of my people.

Despite the rows that have gone on between U.S, and China on Taiwan for years, you don't see them nuking each other to Oblivion. Just skirmishes here and there to prove points. Both countries love their people too much to start a full blown war that will result in mutually assured destruction and huge loses on both sides. These are countries that are fairly equally matched militarily. Talkless of a country that is military subservient to Russia. Up till now Ukraine has not been allowed to join NATO. Go figure. In the past, smaller Kingdoms will pay tribute to larger Kingdoms. It doesn't mean the smaller kingdoms are stup.id. It just means they understand their place. Any war of such magnitude in modern times may lead to a nuclear fallout and immense loses and damages on both sides.

Now I know you have limited knowledge about the situation. Do you think Ukraine is the first country Russia would absorb or attempt to absorb? Do u think Russia will stop at Ukraine?
Have you tried to understand the aim of Russia by annexing these countries? You want to make peace with someone who sponsored terrorists and send its military to support terror in your country? Have gone through the history of Russia nad how it expands?

You people should not be blinded by your hatred for America and begin to call a villain a hero.
Re: Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin by Guestlander: 9:22pm On May 13, 2023
Creeper:

Lol, that’s wishful thinking. Russia has already degraded almost everything Ukraine has militarily and its best troops. The only thing keeping Ukraine afloat is NATO.

And the reason why I cited nuclear weapons is because both sides (NATO and Russia) can’t afford to lose. Once it becomes more obvious Ukraine has fallen - I expect NATO to escalate to a place where Russia’s hand would be forced (despite the restraints it has shown thus far) - to do something big. So, never say never.

Afghanistan is different. That’s the country where empires are buried and no country can win a war there and hold it due to geography/terrain.

How is the "special military operation" going mate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

US Issues Warning To Countries Arming Russia, South Africa Hits Back / Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.