Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading (12174 Views)

Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate / Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Chetas81(m): 9:28am On May 04, 2023
THIS IS THE BEST REWARD FOR THE APC FOLLOWERS
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by pacespot(m): 9:30am On May 04, 2023
This is another move to silence the voice of Nigerian people, Nigeria is at a crossroad of either being tagged a failed state or a country driven by a new generation of young, energetic and active leadership. The last thing that the country needs right now is a silent citizens.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Ajofiapero(m): 9:31am On May 04, 2023
These fools wan restrict us from protesting so they can carry out their evil machinations.

They should first pass a bill that encompasses the punishment to be meted out to security official who shoot at peaceful protesters like the one wey happen for Lekki Toll gate
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Nobody: 9:33am On May 04, 2023
Harryeme:
The main issue with many Nigerians is that they tend to read or listen only for the purpose of responding. It is important to understand the distinction between lawful assembly, which encompasses peaceful protests, and unlawful assembly, which refers to riots and the disruption of public order. The speaker is specifically referring to the latter, which can cause significant harm to a community. While protesting is a fundamental right for Nigerians, it must be done in a manner that is in accordance with the law to be considered lawful.

I'm glad we still have intelligent people on this
Forum.

1 Like

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by JOemmy(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Are Igbos the majority in the HOR ?

Is PDP the majority party in the HOR?

How come the bill is making progress then?

It's obvious the Fulani and Yoruba-led federal government has sponsored yet another erulefu in Imo state, to front this bill, while they support it massively from behind the scenes

U know what's up am sure that's definitely what they did.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by ComeToJesus: 9:43am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:
APC go finish us for this country.

Na mumu PDP man sponsor the bill and not the APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by omohayek: 9:47am On May 04, 2023
Harryeme:
The main issue with many Nigerians is that they tend to read or listen only for the purpose of responding. It is important to understand the distinction between lawful assembly, which encompasses peaceful protests, and unlawful assembly, which refers to riots and the disruption of public order. The speaker is specifically referring to the latter, which can cause significant harm to a community. While protesting is a fundamental right for Nigerians, it must be done in a manner that is in accordance with the law to be considered lawful.
It doesn't seem that the bill is even about that - it's stated intent is about dealing with the Nigerian penchant for "jungle justice", i.e. angry mobs decided to act as judge, jury and executioner for random passers-by on the basis of flimsy rumors or gossip. Some people on here seem so bent on seeing "evidence" of APC "oppression" that they are willing to side with angry mobs putting tires on (often entirely innocent) people and setting them on fire.

There may or may not be problems with the bill in its current drafting, but determining that much will require careful reading and reasoned discussion, little of which has been on display in most of the responses on here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by drealcivilceno(m): 9:50am On May 04, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

Stop behaving like an illiterate. Read first and find out the sponsor of the bill which happens to be your brother an igbo man from PDP

Ode so Yorubas and Hausas never influenced the who thing ba?

What is your point?
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by drealcivilceno(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2023
Saga16:

The bill which was sponsored by Rep. Emeka Chinedu Martins (PDP-Imo).

You are even likely an igbo man.

And so!

So he said APC and you said Igbo man?

How are they related?
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:52am On May 04, 2023
drealcivilceno:

Ode so Yorubas and Hausas never influenced the who thing ba?

What is your point?

You came to my comment and without checking message trail you decided to display how local and uneducated you are
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by drealcivilceno(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2023
CorrectionFLuid:

LMAO. Let me give an analogy that describes Nigeria and Nigerians perfectly.

If there are 2 drinks, one sweet and healthy, and the other filled with worms and bacteria,. Nigerians will actually not know which one to pick! Sounds impossible right?

Now if Igbos say, let's take the sweet one, Nigerians will immediately stop being confused, and resolve to take the bad one.

This is Nigeria for you.

Really and tis' solves what?
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by 9jaRealist: 9:54am On May 04, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Those protesting for the sack of Emefiele may be shot by the police if the bill is passed.

grin grin grin

Abegi, you’re going to confuse these people…
>
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Saga16: 9:56am On May 04, 2023
drealcivilceno:

And so!

So he said APC and you said Igbo man?

How are they related?

Because both things happened.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by 9jaRealist: 9:57am On May 04, 2023
helinues:
Any protest or picketing without police approval would be met with full force

Exactly bro! They don’t know that Nigeria is really a POLICE STATE…oh wait. SMH undecided
>
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by frugal(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

Stop behaving like an illiterate. Read first and find out the sponsor of the bill which happens to be your brother an igbo man from PDP
Does it matter who sponsors the bill? What’s wrong with you people?
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Acekidc4(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:

Which APC Can't you Read and Comprehend The Article says PDP Imo State Legislator Proposed the Bill and you re here Shouting APC.
You better don't die on top APC Matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by BJanta: 10:01am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:

This one na APC abi na Iboman?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by murphybo(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:
Read very well and know who's sponsoring the bill, must you always wail chai
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by DatNiggaDaz: 10:07am On May 04, 2023
LegacyB:

I think you’re just fantastically stupid!

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by MissLeslie(m): 10:15am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:

One of your brother sponsored the bill, PDP man from Imo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by steeltrust: 10:15am On May 04, 2023
Saga16:

Shatap.

The person I quot3d deliberately stated it was done by APC.

Because igbos don't vote APC, it is pertinent to expose him for who he is.

How do you feel knowing the bill was sponsored by PDP and an igbo man at that?
you’re the most foolish fool on this topic

Are chasing clout or what

If I don’t like Apc does it make me Igbo
God abeg oh
How did I find my self with this kind of people in this country

Is joe igbokwe not Igbo is he not a member of Apc
Why are you making this trend a tribal one

Na wa oh 🤦🏽‍♂️
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Bfly: 10:30am On May 04, 2023
If it is termed unlwful, still no socio-political gathering is beyond the law.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Saga16: 10:33am On May 04, 2023
steeltrust:
you’re the most foolish fool on this topic

Are chasing clout or what

If I don’t like Apc does it make me Igbo
God abeg oh
How did I find my self with this kind of people in this country

Is joe igbokwe not Igbo is he not a member of Apc
Why are you making this trend a tribal one

Na wa oh 🤦🏽‍♂️

Shatap.

Why are you angry I called the Igbo man out?
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by asksteve(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2023
Are they seeing the hand writing on the wall that mob action will soon be the reward for their fruitless and heartless polices?

If u people like pass 100 bill to that effect, except u change and make life affordable for the average n common man mob action will soon begin to run after u whenever you show your faces in public.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by steeltrust: 10:56am On May 04, 2023
Saga16:

Shatap.

Why are you angry I called the Igbo man out?
why will call the Igbo man out
Was the topic about Igbo

Get a life please
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Die009: 11:01am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:

Eyes dey pain you can’t you see the bill was sponsored by pdp
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Harryeme(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2023
I deliberately chose not to mention a certain aspect of the issue at hand. My aim was simply to clarify the distinction between protest and riot for certain individuals who seemed to be fixated solely on opposing the bill because they feared losing their right to protest. While the bill has potential, it still needs to be carefully scrutinized and refined. It's only when someone has suffered the loss of a loved one as a result of mob violence, particularly if the victim was innocent, that they will truly understand the significance of this bill.

Harryeme:
[/quote][quote author=omohayek post=122920569]
It doesn't seem that the bill is even about that - it's stated intent is about dealing with the Nigerian penchant for "jungle justice", i.e. angry mobs decided to act as judge, jury and executioner for random passers-by on the basis of flimsy rumors or gossip. Some people on here seem so bent on seeing "evidence" of APC "oppression" that they are willing to side with angry mobs putting tires on (often entirely innocent) people and setting them on fire.

I deliberately chose not to mention a certain aspect of the issue at hand. My aim was simply to clarify the distinction between protest and riot for certain individuals who seemed to be fixated solely on opposing the bill because they feared losing their right to protest. While the bill has potential, it still needs to be carefully scrutinized and refined. It's only when someone has suffered the loss of a loved one as a result of mob violence, particularly if the victim was innocent, that they will truly understand the significance of this bill.

There may or may not be problems with the bill in its current drafting, but determining that much will require careful reading and reasoned discussion, little of which has been on display in most of the responses on here.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Pipefitter: 11:11am On May 04, 2023
They've seen what's coming ahead with the incoming government, so they want to criminalize protest ahead....
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Saga16: 11:17am On May 04, 2023
steeltrust:
why will call the Igbo man out
Was the topic about Igbo

Get a life please

Doesn't change the fact that he's igbo.
Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by IpobAntidote: 11:20am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:
Typical IPOB zombie terrorist. Blame everything on others never take responsibility for nothing. Your bloda from pdp proposed the bill but you must blame others. Pathetic.
Victimhood slave mentality.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading by Tinubuwins2023e: 11:23am On May 04, 2023
frugal:

Does it matter who sponsors the bill? What’s wrong with you people?

I expect you to be educated and not also behave like an illiterate. I expected you to check why I initially called that guy an illiterate through message trail. You dont just jump ignorantly on a comment without proper due diligence

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Party Drags Ifeanyi Uba To Court Over NECO Certificate / Only Ngige, Emefiele And Sylva Didn't Submit APC Presidential Nomination Forms / Fake Nigerian Immigration Consultant Sentenced To Jail In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.