Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Emir Of Kano Lauds Ayade For Appointing Kano Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Lauds Ayade For Appointing Kano Indigenes (285 Views)

Kano Indigenes Destroy APC Campaign Billboards (pix) / Kano Indigenes Deserve More Federal Jobs Than Other States: Ganduje / Kano Indigenes To Trek From Kaduna To Vote For PDP In Kano Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Lauds Ayade For Appointing Kano Indigenes by offiong187: 7:48pm On May 03, 2023
Emir Ado Bayero lauds Ayade for appointing Kano indigenes Commissioner, Aides, says Gov detribalised

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero has commended Cross River state governor for appointing a Kano indigene as a commissioner and others as aides in his government, describing him as a detribalized Nigerian.

The Emir who spoke Wednesday during a courtesy call on the Governor at the Executive Chamber of the Governor's Office, Calabar, urged other governors to work towards national cohesion by emulating Ayade's nationalistic posture.

The Kano monarch was in Calabar for his installation as the new Pro- Chancellor of the University of Calabar.

According to him, "I wish to express my deep appreciation to the Governor for appointing Northerners, especially Kano indigenes into his government.

"There is a Commissioner in the Governor's cabinet who is from from Kano. This is heartwarming. I urge other Governors from other parts of Nigeria to work towards national cohension by taking a cue from Governor Ayade and appoint aides who are not necessarily indegenes of their states"

The first class monarch commanded the Governor for the warm reception and extreme hospitality accorded him and his entourage.

The Emir thanked President Muhammad Buhari for the appointment as Pro Chancellor,saying he was happy to be part and parcel of the institution and pledged to work with the Vice Chancellor, Professor Florence Obi, "to take the great University of Calabar to a greater height"

Responding, Governor Ayade expressed optimism that the Emir's tenure as Pro Chancellor will usher in a new dawn for the university given his connections, pedigree and experience.

" Your Majesty, your appointment as the Pro Chancellor of the University of Calabar provides us with opportunity to show that the culture of the African man is very rich owing to our rich traditional institution

"I'm optimistic that by the time you are done overseeing the University , particularly in morality and credibility, it will become a role model to other universities in Nigeria.

Re: Emir Of Kano Lauds Ayade For Appointing Kano Indigenes by TheBillyonaire: 7:53pm On May 03, 2023
I think in the same vein, the Kano Governor should appoint Calabar people as commissiioners too

Ayade is a mumu man if it's not reciprocated.
Re: Emir Of Kano Lauds Ayade For Appointing Kano Indigenes by offiong187: 8:24pm On May 03, 2023
Slow down on the insults bro. Sure he didn't do that so Kano can reciprocate

(1) (Reply)

Can Ayu Win In Court? / UK Crown Prosecution Service. Statement On Ekweremadu / Zamfara Returning Officers Threatens By Abuja Inec Staff Over Change Of Gov Resu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.